BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

Let's get the book club started! ~for once ;) First book that gets 5 votes will be our first book to read and discuss. If you really want another book that isn't listed in the Poll, then post it and if 4 other people post that book as well, then that will be the one we read. I'm not sure how long it takes everyone to read, also these books vary greatly in length, so I guess just start discussing when you're done. When we've beaten the book to death, we can move on to the next one B)) and have a new poll and new topic for it. Here's to BD's Book Club! *cheers*

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think I should be able to get Ender's Game tomorrow, though no guarantees :)

oh and I just thought of a book we could do for the next one - I can't believe I forgot it before!! :o It's called Fly By Night and at first glance seems for youngerish audiences, but it's very deep and incredibly well written. One of the best books I've ever read...

o.0

That was one of the only books i put down after the first 200 pages or so... "Can you imagine a world where all books are banned?"

hmm getting enders game is going to be difficult for me...

im not back at school yet and the library is half an hour away..

ill try and get one of my parents to drive me down... wont be able to for like another couple of days though...

P.s my schools k-12 but we only have about 1500 or so students.. 120 per year... plus there are rumours going around our school is building a pre school too... o.O

and we only have a tiny library! my old school of 400 students had a bigger library! and a better one... wish i could go visit...

Well I managed to download for free a pdf file it start's with "Ender's Game" but the whole thing is called "Ender's Saga" and it has over 1700 pages?! :huh:

It's the part that says chapter one!

Zomg, that's awesome! I'm just going to download it onto my iTouch then. :D

I coudln't get the book today. The school library doesn't have it, and I can't really borrow a book from the gifted teacher 'cos I won't be showing up after Thursday.

Heh, reading like 4 books at the moment. Hope I don't confuse myself. I've already read Ender's Game, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

I'll probably start tonight. Shall we read by chapters? I think everyone should have chapter 1 done by Friday at latest (from then on the intervals will probably be shorter as everyone will already have the book)so we can discuss and make predictions, etc. (Probably won't be predicting here. Might make up things just to throw you guys off a bit. :P)

I'll probably start tonight. Shall we read by chapters? I think everyone should have chapter 1 done by Friday at latest (from then on the intervals will probably be shorter as everyone will already have the book)so we can discuss and make predictions, etc. (Probably won't be predicting here. Might make up things just to throw you guys off a bit. :P)

not going to be able to do that -_-

both my parents are working till saturday... so i probably wont have the book till then...

ill see if i can read the first chapter on the net though.. just till i get the book...

Sweet. I just found this thread...don't know how I missed it up to now. Even better, I've read Ender's Game...still have it on a shelf somewhere. I guess I'd blow the dust off and do a re-read. :D

Sweet, I can go on Brainden again! Looks like I didn't miss much...I read to the middle of Chapter five while waiting to be picked up from school...about 45 mins *I think it's a pretty good pace* ... there are a lot of books though o.O Anyway, I like it so far *which is saying something...sci-fi isn't my thing* , but it's not one of those "OH MY GOSH THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER" things XD

<(^-^)>

Just been reading in between times, and am at chapter 4. This book is such a breeze. I could have sworn the chapters were longer than this.

Andromeda, the last sentence is '"I've got a better idea," she answered. "You can have it all."' according to the part I'm reading, but that's online, so don't take my word on it. ;P

Just been reading in between times, and am at chapter 4. This book is such a breeze. I could have sworn the chapters were longer than this.

Andromeda, the last sentence is '"I've got a better idea," she answered. "You can have it all."' according to the part I'm reading, but that's online, so don't take my word on it. ;P

Thanks Iz... that's why I meant that those people holding their books should just please tell me... oh forget it, it's useless <_<

We haven't started reading it yet. There's a link to the entire Ender's Saga at my post!

:)

Thank you very much, CPB, but I have a really hard time reading books in a computer screen... :rolleyes:

Just ordered the book, and it will be in my hands in 6 more days... Just hope I can catch up with you guys once I have it. <_<

I got pretty far in the book last night...I'm kinda hooked o.O I read until late last night...I'll probably be done this by tomorrow night at this rate...anyway, I agree, GC. Books should be paper, they should smell like new book smell *though old book smell is good too*, and you should be able to fold the corner over when you leave it XD

<(^-^)>

I might have to make do with CPB's e-book link(thanks sugar ;) ), if I don't get the book within tomorrow. But there's nothing like the feel of good ole' paper and I like to smell the book once per chapter. A sort of ritual, I guess. :P

OMG! I love to smell books too. People always look at me funny when I do that I just can't help it. I prefer the smell of the old books rather than new ones ;)

I got pretty far in the book last night...I'm kinda hooked o.O I read until late last night...I'll probably be done this by tomorrow night at this rate...anyway, I agree, GC. Books should be paper, they should smell like new book smell *though old book smell is good too*, and you should be able to fold the corner over when you leave it XD

<(^-^)>

Could you please, please, for the hundredth time please tell me the last line off the book. Last two sentences cause I downloaded it from the net and I'm not quite sure if everything is OK???

I can't believe I'm asking this for the third time!

Read previous posts people... everyone is just so self centered! :rolleyes: