BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Battle for Mt Olympus

itachi-san

Just checking in to show I'm active. :D

Me too ;) . And just to be clearer about the Day post since there were some questions: basically dawh was a God and therefore not able to be sacrificed. And the Achaeans fulfilled the recruitment criteria for Calchus. So now Calchus has sided with the Achaeans.

As for what the recruitment criteria was in the past and what it was when Calchus got recruited, I'll post those requirements when the game is over.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't fear mighty Trojans! Today's events are not a disaster. They are the opposite. What happened today will unite us as Trojans and allow us once and for all to rid our shores of those filthy Greeks!

Paris and Agenor, we need you tonight! Paris please choose to protect PG! That is crucial! Agenor we need you to to keep a watchful eye on me.

Stay brave in battle Trojans and we'll make it through the Night!

Edited by Joe's Student

Night 5: Heavy Violence and Wicked Twists

Diomedes took in every word from the wise old Nestor. The warrior thanked the old man and departed from Nestor's chambers. Nestor sat back for a moment wishing he still had his youth. That he could enter the fray with the same vigilance and power he once called his own. But alas, time had taken its toll on the experienced warrior. Nevertheless, he rose, drew his sword and vowed to fight until his dying breath. He couldn't help but notice though, that Diomedes was already 30 paces ahead of him cutting down Trojan after Trojan with a renewed fighting spirit.

Odysseus was careful in his actions. Unbelievably to him, the coward Paris was actually in his sights. He would not waste this opportunity. "Paris!" Odysseus yelled at the fragile young prince. Paris paused his descent down to the beach and looked Odysseus right in the eyes. "Ha! You think I fear you?! Perhaps I'm no match for you in a duel, but I've escaped more sticky situations than you could possibly endure." Somehow I doubt that, Odysseus muttered to himself. Nonetheless, he charged Paris, but the Prince was surprisingly agile and he was able to unleash his arrows at a lightning pace almost rivaling the skill of Apollo. Odysseus was forced to take cover, but he took solace knowing that his endurance would prove superior.

Brandonb knew he was in over his head. He heard the thunderous crashes coming from up the hills. It was the Mankiller Hector to be sure. He knew he would stand almost no chance against such a foe. Almost immediately after the thought, Hector exploded several Achaean soldiers to his right and sent them tumbling away, all almost certainly dead from the God-like blow. He readied his spear and prepared to launch it at his next target: Bb.

Odysseus, still under cover from Paris' arrows looked Bb's way and saw Hector taking aim. He quickly released a tied rope that was keeping a mountain of logs in place. Having set the trap up in the dark of night whilst no others were around, the pile was overlooked by all who approached it during tonight's battle. The logs careened toward Hector who was forced to leap them and dodge one way and then the other. He survived the gauntlet, but when he regained his composure and looked for his former target, Bb had used the precious time to escape. This sent Hector into a murderous rage and he slew the six Achaeans that had advanced into his blindspot during the delay tactic with one fell swoop of his fabled spear. He stabbed the spear into the ground with all the men still attached and let out a fierce battlecry. Bb covered his ears from his hiding spot beneath a tarp covered in brush and grass only ten paces from the Mankiller. Relief filled Bb as he attentively listened to the pounding footsteps quiet as Hector sought out new prey.

unreality stood watch outside Troy's castle, without fear, for Aphrodite stood by his side, ready to whisk him away at the hint of danger. "Oh no!" she screamed. "What is it Goddess?" unreality looked to her with concern. "My Paris! My beloved Paris! He's in mortal danger from that foul Odysseus! I must go! I must save my beauty!" "Wai.. Wait! Wait! ...Damnit! What about me. To Hades with that lanky, coward Paris and all... ugh!" unreality was so busy being angry, he had not even bothered to notice Diomedes' approach. unreality was pierced clean through the chest with his spear. "But... no... way... you... you will soon face my vengeance!" "Tell me please, how you intend to exact vengeance without a head?" unreality reached for his sword despite his wound, but Diomedes was ready and loosed his sword from beneath his shield. He blocked unreality's sword with shield and then lopped his head right off in a deft circular swinging motion. unreality had only blood left for his mouth to spew. No more words. Diomedes watched his prey die and then jaunted across the fields to find another group of Trojans ripe for killing.

Paris was out of arrows, quiver emptied. Foolishly he spent them all without ever a clean shot at Odysseus. He screamed for JS who appeared almost within the instant. Odysseus raised his sword to end Paris' life, but JS blocked it. All the warriors seemed to stop fighting in order to watch this pivotal duel. Paris fled for safety leaving his savior JS to die as a martyr. Paris cared not for the man, only his own life. Aphrodite found him, swooped down plucking him up and returning to the Trojan Palace. Odysseus called after him: "You coward! Get back here and face your demise!" "HAHA! That's not how I role...play! Later, fools!" Paris comforted himself in Aphrodite's arms as she smoothed his hair and landed just outside his bedroom window to lay the young prince to bed. Meanwhile back on the battlefield JS and Odysseus went at it like madmen. Clang! Clang! Their swords were near breaking with each clash. Then Odysseus got the upper hand and sent JS onto his back with a brutal blow to the face with the side of his shield. Odysseus leaped onto JS and prepared to finish him off with a final blow when Agenor entered the stage and threw Odysseus off of JS. JS retreated, appalled at his defeat. Odysseus and Agenor stared each other down, but Odysseus did not lack the discipline to retreat when he was out of stamina. Both sides went their separate ways. Agenor spat on the ground in Odysseus' direction. "You'll wish you hadn't done that." Odysseus said aloud without ever looking back.

The Achaeans returned to their ships before the dawn only to find GC completely paralyzed. He was sitting on the bow of one of the ships as if he was in another world or daydreaming for that matter. Odysseus shook him to his senses. "What is it GC? What has gotten into you?!" "So beautiful... more beautiful than I could ever have imagined. The lady Helen Odysseus. I'll never forget that face for as long as I live." Odysseus shook his head and looked back up to the Trojan Castle. He suddenly became aware of Calchus' presence to his left. The old man in the cowl simply tugged on his hood and wandered away. "Hector fights bravely, I dare say. So let us begin fresh this day. Wine, water, food, they have the reserve, but an utter defeat they surely deserve." Odysseus' brain began to hurt from the constant oddities of the night. He permitted himself a brief respite and a nap and fell to sleep as his head touched down.

Host: itachi

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh [Olympian]

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

17) Y-San -DEAD [Achaean]

Day 5 begins now and ends in 24 hours. Thanks for playing unreality!

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh [Olympian] - voting for Twin Pop

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Time to start the voting! That didn't go quite as planned, but at least we got one. Sorry Twin Pop, but I think it's time for you to go. :o

And I live to see another dawn... this is unbelievable :huh:

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean] - voting for Twin Pop

Sounds good to me...

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally - voting for Twin Pop

15) unreality -DEAD

why not :D

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop - voting for dawh

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

15) unreality -DEAD

why not :D

Et tu O'Mally? <_<

Sorry Trojans. :( You cannot hold back the tide that is the greeks.

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Twin Pop

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

15) unreality -DEAD

Well said, Prof. T.

Helen, that was some night. :wub:

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Twin Pop

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC - voting for Twin Pop

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

15) unreality -DEAD

Day 5: Apollo's Rage

Apollo looked down at Troy in disgust as he rode his golden chariot across the sky. "I've had enough of this! Those Trojans thinking they still have a chance... How dare they not even try to appease me! Not even one Offering to the great Apollo?! Hmph!" He lashed his stallions on faster and faster. All the mortals looked to the sky as the sun raced toward the horizon and over it, tree shadows elongating until total darkness settled over Troy. Twin Pop was startled and fearful at the display and as soon as the sun set, he heard a crashing wave hit the shore like thunder. Twin Pop looked toward the ocean as Poseidon's Trident came flying out from the depths of the wave. The Trident speared Twin Pop and sent him flying through the air only to come to a sudden halt above the Temple of Hermes, cracking the crest at its peak. With his last words, Twin Pop spoke softly: "Please Hermes, join us. We need you ..now ...more than ever." Blood rained down from the body, splattering and pooling in front of the temple. Hermes accepted the Offering, but remained comfortable in his independence. Troy mourned the loss, but knew they had little time to spare before the next battle commenced.

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh [Olympian]

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop -DEAD [Trojan]

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Night 6 begins now and ends in about 24 hours or if night PMs all come in early and are finalized. Thanks for playing Twin Pop!

Day 5: Apollo's Rage

Apollo looked down at Troy in disgust as he rode his golden chariot across the sky. "I've had enough of this! Those Trojans thinking they still have a chance... How dare they not even try to appease me! Not even one Offering to the great Apollo?! Hmph!" He lashed his stallions on faster and faster. All the mortals looked to the sky as the sun raced toward the horizon and over it, tree shadows elongating until total darkness settled over Troy. Twin Pop was startled and fearful at the display and as soon as the sun set, he heard a crashing wave hit the shore like thunder. Twin Pop looked toward the ocean as Poseidon's Trident came flying out from the depths of the wave. The Trident speared Twin Pop and sent him flying through the air only to come to a sudden halt above the Temple of Hermes, cracking the crest at its peak. With his last words, Twin Pop spoke softly: "Please Hermes, join us. We need you ..now ...more than ever." Blood rained down from the body, splattering and pooling in front of the temple. Hermes accepted the Offering, but remained comfortable in his independence. Troy mourned the loss, but knew they had little time to spare before the next battle commenced.

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh [Olympian]

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop -DEAD [Trojan]

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Night 6 begins now and ends in about 24 hours or if night PMs all come in early and are finalized. Thanks for playing Twin Pop!

My fellow Trojans won't let me die! They will mass together and.....uh....mass....together.....and...hmmm. Never mind. :blush:

Good luck fellow Trojans. And thanks to Trojans, Achaeans, and Olympians alike for letting me join in the game!

I wish you luck, Achaeans. Unless this battle lasts for two more days, I remain neutral in this conflict.

Don't worry, we have your back even in such an eventuality. B))

And Trojans, I warned you about that horse inside the city walls... -_-