BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Battle for Mt Olympus

itachi-san

Doh! Sorry for appearing inactive folks. when I checked the game earlier this afternoon we were looking for replacements and planning to extend the night. I didn't bother to check in before heading out on the town with my friends. But here I am. Active. ...and ready to play.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see that people are still active and rearing to play. It would be nice if some of the others who are MIA would let us know that they are still here. (It would be nice to hear from the replacements too, even though they aren't technically MIA...yet :rolleyes:;) ).

It's good to see that people are still active and rearing to play. It would be nice if some of the others who are MIA would let us know that they are still here. (It would be nice to hear from the replacements too, even though they aren't technically MIA...yet :rolleyes:;) ).

I agree completely. Player participation can only enhance the quality of these games. Itachi puts a lot of effort into writing an awesome narrative and some people have only posted once in this thread. It's not hard to weigh in on your thoughts about what's going on without giving away any information. It's just disappointing to me. I would love to see everyone at least drop a comment. Is that too much to ask? -_-

Night 4: A Long Wait for No Action

The two camps were pounding their spears into the ground waiting for all their members to arrive and take position. The pounding on the ground was like a thunderous earthquake. Hector was screaming at the top of his lungs like a wild man, daring eyes staring deep into each of men, psyching them up. His temper grew ferocious every time his eyes made contact with the Achaean camp below. Finally, all had arrived, and just as Hector raised his sword for the Trojans to make their move down the steep onto the Achaean's for the fourth night of battle, his hand was halted before he could scream his battlecry. Before him and the entire Trojan army stood the giant God of War, Ares. He towered over everyone by at least the height of a man and then some. His beard of flames whipped in the night's wind, but for the most part, silence had found dominion among them now. "I understand you are all eager to kill those damned Achaeans, but tonight is not the night. Trust my judgment. I have been in more battles than all of you put together. Tonight, we wait. And do not worry about your foes. I've made it so that they cannot pass beyond the distant beach's border for the night. All of you must settle and recalibrate your minds. Something is amiss and we must settle it before tomorrow's eve." He let go of Hector's sword. All the Trojans bowed to the great God Ares. He inhaled with pride and then came the chants for Ares. "Ares! Ares! Ares!.." the ground began to thunder again and Hector leaped onto his war horse. He had him trot over to the edge of the precipice and shouted down to the hated Achaeans: "We have the mighty Ares on our side! How can you, who cannot even lift arm against us now, still be capable of thinking you can win!? You only mock yourselves! Tomorrow, we're coming to bring the pain!" Odysseus looked up at the menace, his mind calculating all possibilities for the ensuing battle. Just how was he to take down this Mankiller Hector? He was fine with the delay. He justified his satisfaction in the notion that he needed more time to think. After and above all, he had the God of War against him.

dawh paced in the silence. He was not eager to wait out the night. But he was suddenly relieved of his impatience and frustration. A hand caressed his shoulder. How could he not have noticed this woman's presence? He dared a look at her face. It was ...Helen... He surprised even himself by collapsing in ecstasy on the spot.

Odysseus sneered up at Hector who finally steered his black war horse away from the cliff. Odysseus shook his head and withdrew to his ship's strategy room only to find the trustworthy Nestor waiting for him. Nestor and Odysseus went over many plans on the map of the Trojan shores that lay before them. Odysseus was awed at Nestor's knowledge. Just how old was this man? and how many battle had he fought in to know this much of war? Odysseus' confidence rose. He was beginning to feel very good about the next day and night.

Host: itachi

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

17) Y-San -DEAD [Achaean]

Day 4 begins now and ends in 24 hours.

Well done Ares. I'm a peace loving man myself, but for a God of War you're not to anxious to see blood shed. Well Trojans, it seems to me your biggest threat is Odysseus at this point. I've seen no mention of Achilles for a while now. If I were you I'd be voting for either dawh or GC, one of them is Odysseus (pretty sure it's GC based on information I've collected). I'm going to reserve my vote for now to see what the Acheaens want to do about recruiting me. I would think they would have done it by now, but I give them till the end of the day to decide. After that I'll assume the Trojans want me more and will start to work openly with them.

The Trojans seem to have had little opportunity to recruit... well... anyone. With both Athena and Hera in play today, however, it will be interesting to see what they do. I am also going to withhold my vote for now, and see what everyone else does. Here's hoping they all get on and start saying stuff soon.

Well, I'm on, but without much to say. I will reserve my vote until the powers that be determine the best target.

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

I'm assuming I could be a power that is :P lol

Prof T: yeah we'll be taking out dawh today. I need to go back and look at the day posts, but if SomeGuy is right about Hera having to be in play 100% today then it's even better for the Trojans :) Right now we think that Athena is dead, but the Achaeans are of course trying to pretend that she/he's still alive

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality - voting for dawh

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

~ Also, I'm not trying to defend the inactives or anything [since usually I am a host, I hate inactivity too ;D] but this game is like Hybrid-hybrid lol, it's not even technically mafia, so you can't expect the days to work the same. It may be more beneficial to not talk and not discuss at all (unless you're organizing your team and whatever). While in normal mafia, it's no excuse to be inactive, in a game like hybrid or this, it's not as important to discuss.

What is NOT excusable though is night-action-inactivity

The powers have spoken. ;)

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

1) A. Person - voting for dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

1) A. Person - dawh

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Well because Athena is dead, there would have been an added incentive for you to side with us PT. Shame you're already recruited ;)

Edit: You know what side I'm on, is this 'Edit' business necessary? :P

Edited by Joe's Student

Well because Athena is dead, there would have been an added incentive for you to side with us PT. Shame you're already recruited ;)

Edit: You know what side I'm on, is this 'Edit' business necessary? :P

I remain unrecruited. I'll give the Acheaens the rest of the day. I had overlooked the fact that GC can't be killed yet, so dawh is a better choice for the Trojans at this point.

1) A. Person - dawh

2) Prof. Templeton - voting for O'mally

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Just to remain impartial.

I guess I'll mix things up a bit. Here's my vote: :ph34r:

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh - voting for brandonb

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop - voting for dawh

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

okay, sorry i wasn't on before, i got grounded from the computer for a day because I had fallen asleep in English class 4 times (Mostly because i was on the computer past 12 P.M., like i am tonight.)

so anyway, my vote goes to...

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

10) GC

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally voting for dawh

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

I know you are not supposed to bandwaggon but I don't really know anyone that I should vote for today.

Edited by O'mally

I for one am going to stick with unreality. Come on, Achaeans kill off that disgusting Trojan ally. :P

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

10) GC - voting for unreality

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Lol... dawh is not an Achaean, and it's getting too late to change your votes :lol:

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student - dawh

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

16) Brandonb [Achaean] - voting for O'mally

"inactivity... wtf?" the pot said to the kettle. :P

Lol... dawh is not an Achaean, and it's getting too late to change your votes :lol:

Your bluffing does not fool the wise. Olympus will soon belong to Troy and the Achaeans will be all but a myth in the history books. *wild snicker!*

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy - dawh

9) Joe's Student - dawh

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

It seems futile to attempt to hold back the tide.

1) A. Person - dawh

3) Frost -DEAD

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy - dawh

9) Joe's Student - dawh

11) PG - voting for dawh

12) reaymond - voting for O'mally

13) impervious -DEAD

Well as the last one to vote, I can't really see me changing much here. I haven't really got much of a say in this, so its going to be for his inactivity. I haven't seen O'Mally here for a week? so a 1 day ban doesn't really explain it all...

Day 4: Enter Calchus

dawh sat by the ocean on a large flattened boulder. He was idly skipping pebbles across the water's surface when he sensed the presence of a fellow God behind him. It was Hera. Hera took a dignified stance behind dawh, never actually looking at him. As a matter of fact, dawh didn't hazard a glance in her direction either. He simply continued to toss the randomly strewn pebbles. "What news Hera? I know you are not here to take my life... if you even could that is." "Hah! Let it be known to you and the world that I indeed could if only Zeus had not forbade my interference with others from Olympus. And why would I want your life dawh? Why indeed? I think you know. Yes. You know all too well..." "So then why do I get the pleasure of your company? Please enlighten me Hera for I grow weary of this conversation." "How it pains me to deliver you good news... " dawh twisted his head around to see Hera staring off into the deep water. Was she looking out for Poseidon? Maybe. But no matter. dawh's thoughts stopped then.

A shivering man in a dark cowl emerged from behind Hera. "You have successfully satisfied Olympus' condition today. You may now use this prophet's power, albeit as random as it is, it will certainly come into usefulness sooner or later. Now, I'll take my leave for I fear I can't hold back my anger any longer. Farewell dawh." "Hmm. You as well Hera. And thank you for the news." Both ended the conversation in half sarcasm and half truth to their words. dawh rose from his lounging position and walked over to Calchus who simply stood in awe of the God, cowering and looking down at the ground. dawh then clasped Calchus on the shoulder and whispered: "Forget your worries friend. We have much to talk about."

1) A. Person

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh [Olympian]

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Night 5 begins now and ends in 24 hours.