BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Battle for Mt Olympus

itachi-san

Day 3: The Man who refused to be Sacrificed

Brandonb felt as if he lived the same day twice. His head was a jumble of thoughts. "Did I just not hear these same voices yesterday? Am I to risk a visit with the Gods again today? And... I fear Athena will not be able to intervene this time as she did the last. ...well, I suppose there's nothing to it, but to face the call of Tartarus."

Bb walked along the shore thinking these somewhat delusional and depressing thoughts when it appeared to him that the tide was closer than it ought be at this time of day. He looked out over the sea, at the waves and suddenly they halted. It was a pure and serene stillness. Bb felt at peace and renewed in his vigor for the battle. Far off in the depths of sea, a platform of water rose, and on top of that another platform, and another, and another, each one smaller than the next until the final plateau raised high above Brandonb's vantage point. He could only make out the top of a throne carved from coral and bone and the tip of a golden trident.

Poseidon rose from his seat so that his eyes met Brandonb's. "My faithful Achaean Brandonb. Luck surrounds you today for I have beaten Hera to your location. Allow me to offer you the protection of my daughters, the seductive and tantalizing Sea Nymphs, for the day. They will shield your presence until the Sun sets. Then they must return to the water and you will be on your own again. I have faith in you though. And am proud of your achievements thus far. Continue on and do not disappoint me. The Achaean's cause is one that I hold dear to my heart. Farewell child." The throne descended and the sea returned to normal. Brandonb was left in a joyful embrace of comfort and harmony for the remainder of the day's light.

Host: itachi

1) Izzy

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Star Tiger

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

17) Y-San -DEAD [Achaean]

Night 4 begins now. O'mally may need a replacement. Please PM soon O'mally just to say you're still playing, if nothing else.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky you! Can I have a sea nymph for protection too? Sounds good.

Yes, it was good :P I'm hoping to be voted off and saved again asap B)) ... as soon as I get some rest ;)

Another night alive... I don't see how I can survive another one of these. My luck surely cannot last any longer... or can it?

Important notice: the Second Day, Poseidon was chosen as the Sacrificial God. This means that Day 4 will definitely be Hera. I've added this fact to Day 2.

Which means that a Trojan may not die tomorrow... plus Athena is back in action, so an Achaean may not die either... I guess tomorrow will be a wash either way, except that the Trojans will get to make an offering to Hermes.

Well the Acheaens haven't recruited me yet, so I'm wondering what the hold up is. I fully expected to be in the Acheaens' camp by now which is why I voted for a Trojan last time. I have no idea what the conditions are for my recruitment (only Apollo and whomever he talks to knows). I've been collecting information these past nights/days and am eager put it to use for someones team, which looks like it would be the Acheaens. Do you not think I'd be a use to you? If you leave me long enough and I'm sure the Trojans will find me useful.

Behold Acheaens, the time is nigh

Upon the mount we both can fly

Use my sight of matters untold

Brought together into one fold

I await.

Are Brandonb and Unreality still the voices of their respective teams? What say you?

Well the Acheaens haven't recruited me yet, so I'm wondering what the hold up is. I fully expected to be in the Acheaens' camp by now which is why I voted for a Trojan last time. I have no idea what the conditions are for my recruitment (only Apollo and whomever he talks to knows). I've been collecting information these past nights/days and am eager put it to use for someones team, which looks like it would be the Acheaens. Do you not think I'd be a use to you? If you leave me long enough and I'm sure the Trojans will find me useful.

Behold Acheaens, the time is nigh

Upon the mount we both can fly

Use my sight of matters untold

Brought together into one fold

I await.

Are Brandonb and Unreality still the voices of their respective teams? What say you?

It seems that we are both in the same boat PT.

I refuse to be the voice of my team so long as my team repeatedly chooses not to recruit me.

Seriously Achaeans... what's going on? You must know who I am, so who would you like me to choose tonight?

It seems that we are both in the same boat PT.

I refuse to be the voice of my team so long as my team repeatedly chooses not to recruit me.

Seriously Achaeans... what's going on? You must know who I am, so who would you like me to choose tonight?

Hhmmm, I'd have thought you were firmly at the helm. You could target me, but I don't know your role so that may not be good for you.

The game may have to be suspended for a little while. We need replacements for O'mally(inactive too long) and ST(banned for 2 days from BD).

Any takers out there? People playing, please PM people you may think would be interested. First come, first serve. 2 open slots.

Edit: The night will not end until we have replacements so that we can have a proper day with a full vote.

I have a few notes for tonight:

* Hermes ~ can you give us a sign that you're alive? Please contact me with your ability tonight :)

* Calchus and Hermes ~ the Trojans are gaining the upper hand, and you can cement that victory. As one of my teammates has so wisely summarized:

- We're in majority, especially if Calchus and/or Hermes and/or both were behind us.

- You won't be targeted by Achaens, they have more pressing targets. We could protect you every night though [something Achaens can't do so easily], in exchange for your info.

- We're in control of Day vote.

- You win by being alive at the end of the game. Added bonus of this is that you'll be rewarded by Itachi for the next installment. At the minute, if you stood with us, you would have more chance of staying alive.

~~

Clearly you have an important choice or two up ahead to make - don't make the wrong one :P

To Paris:

The more BTSC, the merrier ;D It benefits everyone if you predict your own actions tonight, so as to be added to our BTSC group

OK, very updated roster:

1) A. Person - filling in for Izzy

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop - filling in for Star Tiger

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally - still playing :D

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

OK, the night may go on as planned. there is hopefully enough time for the new players to get acquainted with what they need to do. The night will end in about 4 hours unless they need more time to get situated. Thanks for playing Izzy and ST, and let's hope O'mally can keep on truckin' ;)

Unreality has provided me with a number of useful arguments that I couldn't agree with more:

- You won't be targeted by Achaens, they have more pressing targets. We could protect you every night though [something Achaens can't do so easily], in exchange for your info.

- You win by being alive at the end of the game. Added bonus of this is that you'll be rewarded by Itachi for the next installment. At the minute, if you stood with us, you would have more chance of staying alive.

Clearly you have an important choice or two up ahead to make - don't make the wrong one :P

We are in agreement on these point. While Hermes remains neutral (as Zeus decreed), the Achaeans have no fight with him and would rather not target him as the Trojans (and their allies) are more dangerous and bothersome. If you manage to remain neutral, then you will win once all of the Trojans are dead. However, if you get the misfortune to be recruited by them, we will be forced to kill you as well. We have the capability, however, to guarantee your alternative win condition of remaining alive undrafted as unreality has left out some rather important facts about the day vote:

* Calchus and Hermes ~ the Trojans are gaining the upper hand, and you can cement that victory. As one of my teammates has so wisely summarized:

- We're in majority, especially if Calchus and/or Hermes and/or both were behind us.

- We're in control of Day vote.

While it is true that they appear to have the greater numbers in a day vote, we have both Apollo and Athena who can affect the day vote's outcome. We have the capability to render their votes completely ineffectual and we can keep you as a neutral force. The Trojans are not prepared for tonight's events and do not realize that the horse is already inside the city walls... :ph34r:

We do have some instructions for our remaining members, but they are still in the works, other than to say that Odysseus may need some advice tonight.

Dawh seems confident, but the Achaeans may be surprised tonight :D

edit: not only that, but I just realized that dawh is blatantly lying :) Athena is dead [which hurts the Achaeans a lot] and Hermes CANNOT be recruited by the Achaeans anymore, and has no chance of standing alone independently [so they must join the winners-ie, the Trojans ;D]

Edited by unreality

The Acheaens need but recruit me.

To Paris:

The more BTSC, the merrier ;D It benefits everyone if you predict your own actions tonight, so as to be added to our BTSC group

Are you implying that Priam is dead? Paris can only make predictions if his is. But if that's the case Paris already has BTSC. Maybe it's you that cannot communicate with your fellow Trojans or you would know this.

Edited by Prof. Templeton

Priam is dead, yes. Paris is cut off and only needs to guess their own actions to get BTSC with us [not sure why it works that way, but it was itachi's decree]. So I was just stressing to Paris that they need to do that tonight :)

Ah.

Well since the Acheaens can't seem to get their act together, I'll make a deal with you Brandonb. You either target me tonight if you're a non-killing role, or you target UR if you are a killing role. Agamemnon should guess accordingly as he probably knows who you are. It won't matter if your actions are stopped since it's only your intentions that Agamemnon needs to guess (I think). Once you have BTSC with your fellow Acheaens, you do want you can to recruit me as soon as possible. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. If I'm not recruited by tomorrow, I'll assume you don't want me and will turn to the Trojans. Sound fair?

Edited by Prof. Templeton

Ah.

Well since the Acheaens can't seem to get their act together, I'll make a deal with you Brandonb. You either target me tonight if you're a non-killing role, or you target UR if you are a killing role. Agamemnon should guess accordingly as he probably knows who you are. It won't matter if your actions are stopped since it's only your intentions that Agamemnon needs to guess (I think). Once you have BTSC with your fellow Acheaens, you do want you can to recruit me as soon as possible. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines. If I'm not recruited by tomorrow, I'll assume you don't want me and will turn to the Trojans. Sound fair?

It sounds fair except... I can't do that...

I need to know from my Achaean friends what they want me to do. Otherwise, I'll just be inactive tonight.

Paris is cut off and only needs to guess their own actions to get BTSC with us [not sure why it works that way, but it was itachi's decree].

[clarifying]*the following is not validating any info from anyone, only the game's integrity :D * actually, it's right in the OP. If Priam dies, Paris gains his ability. (read Paris' RD) Priam may guess 3 diff. char. actions. If they are correct and the char. is a Trojan they will become part of the Trojan BTSC. (read Priam's RD). Therefore if Priam dies, Paris may guess a Trojan's action and if correct, get them onto the Trojan BTSC, even if he himself is not a part of the BTSC group. Priam may have guessed Paris' action, therefore Paris may guess Paris' action with Priam's ability. This is the same for Agamemnon/Odysseus on the Achaean side as well.[/clarifying]

So I guess I'm taking the helm for the time being. We've collected a list of actions for our members (don't worry about Trojan interference, it will be dealt with appropriately B)) ):

Diomedes should attack Joe's Student.

Nestor should help Odysseus.

Menelaus should target star_tiger.

Odysseus should predict that Helen will target Brandonb.

Odysseus should predict that Hector will target dawh.

Odysseus should predict that Paris will protect Joe's Student.

Sorry for the delay. Fortunately, since the night is delayed, you should all have plenty of time to get your actions in. :)

Edited by dawh

So I guess I'm taking the helm for the time being. We've collected a list of actions for our members (don't worry about Trojan interference, it will be dealt with appropriately B)) ):

Sorry for the delay. Fortunately, since the night is delayed, you should all have plenty of time to get your actions in. :)

Done. Hopefully you will be able to also pick up Calchus tonight :D

Edited by Brandonb

OK, very updated roster:

1) A. Person - filling in for Izzy

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Twin Pop - filling in for Star Tiger

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally - still playing :D

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

OK, the night may go on as planned. there is hopefully enough time for the new players to get acquainted with what they need to do. The night will end in about 4 hours unless they need more time to get situated. Thanks for playing Izzy and ST, and let's hope O'mally can keep on truckin' ;)

So when exactly (from now say) will the night end (or is it already over? :unsure: ) It would be nice to have this clarified as I only just noticed the edit... :mellow:

Once again, inactivity kills the game... I'm waiting on a PM that would be very unfair if I skipped over it. It looks like the night will be delayed until tomorrow. <_< Also, we may need yet another replacement... what's the most annoyed smilie? I guess another two of these <_< <_< Sorry for the delay.