BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Battle for Mt Olympus

itachi-san

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, with both teams directing their troops in a similar way for the very same reason, it doesn't seem like listening to each other will make much of a difference tonight. Everyone's trying for BTSC, and if either team sticks to their plan, they have it, which lets them act in secrecy tomorrow night.

Well, with both teams directing their troops in a similar way for the very same reason, it doesn't seem like listening to each other will make much of a difference tonight. Everyone's trying for BTSC, and if either team sticks to their plan, they have it, which lets them act in secrecy tomorrow night.

I do think that the Prof. has a point though. If one side blinks, then it screws with some of the other team's predictions. It becomes a matter of whether you want the other team to know anything about your team. Once the information is learned, it isn't going to be forgotten. If one side learns things about the other side tonight, they may be able to capitalize on that information later, even if all strategizing takes place secretly after tonight.

It looks like BB's going to pay a visit to Hades... :P

Chances are that at least one person (probably more) is going to Tartarus tonight...whether it's Bb remains to be seen. :o

(I think that "Tartarus" is a better description than Hades as that refers specifically to the hellish side of Hades (which is used for both the name of the god and the whole of the Underworld (Elysian Fields included)) :P ).

Hope the Trojans will follow your instructions to the word. :P

EDIT: Clarified

I believe what he's saying is that he agrees that Ares shouldn't act. It has the potential to cost the Trojans (since if LIS was not a Trojan, then the Trojans currently have a voting advantage, or might anyways). If the status quo is kept, and the Trojans have an advantage, then they can vote off an Achaean tomorrow. If the status quo is not kept... well, then maybe they can't.

Chances are that at least one person (probably more) is going to Tartarus tonight...whether it's Bb remains to be seen. :o

(I think that "Tartarus" is a better description than Hades as that refers specifically to the hellish side of Hades (which is used for both the name of the god and the whole of the Underworld (Elysian Fields included)) :P ).

Well! Now that's interesting. I admit I am not into Greek Mythology, but if "Tartarus" is the hellish side of Hades, then does Hades have an angel-ish side, too? Damn you dawh! :P Now I am curious. I would be much obliged if someone tells me the difference between "Tartarus" of Hades and Angel of Hades.

I do think that the Prof. has a point though. If one side blinks, then it screws with some of the other team's predictions. It becomes a matter of whether you want the other team to know anything about your team. Once the information is learned, it isn't going to be forgotten. If one side learns things about the other side tonight, they may be able to capitalize on that information later, even if all strategizing takes place secretly after tonight.

General Brandonb has a flaw in his battle plan that gives the Trojans a slight advantage in information gathered, but I don't want to divulge too much. Plus it's probably too late for him to formulate new plans anyway. I think the Trojans could see more of their blood spilled so it's probably a wash plus General Unreality is basicly giving out his role with his requested actions (unless he hasn't thought them through, but I'll assume he has). Like I said, should be interesting.

Well! Now that's interesting. I admit I am not into Greek Mythology, but if "Tartarus" is the hellish side of Hades, then does Hades have an angel-ish side, too? Damn you dawh! :P Now I am curious. I would be much obliged if someone tells me the difference between "Tartarus" of Hades and Angel of Hades.

Tartarus...such an awesome name, but i could have sworn it was spelled "tartaruss"...maybe I'm wrong...

General Brandonb has a flaw in his battle plan that gives the Trojans a slight advantage in information gathered, but I don't want to divulge too much. Plus it's probably too late for him to formulate new plans anyway. I think the Trojans could see more of their blood spilled so it's probably a wash plus General Unreality is basicly giving out his role with his requested actions (unless he hasn't thought them through, but I'll assume he has). Like I said, should be interesting.

don't be so sure :P

I see what you are referring to. Too bad you are missing a few thing yourself... We're still one step ahead. ;)

Remember, obviously not everyone changed their actions in time to get in on the BTSC recruitment (which is why I made a public instruction again). However, those of us that did get into the BTSC will obviously not be performing the actions that I have posted (that would be stupid). Also, since I have posted them all again (as I stated), you do not know which actions will be changed and leave Priam high and dry with no info to be gained from us ;) and which will actually be occurring.

So either Priam sticks to his own team, or he MIGHT just get the ID of ONE of us if he is lucky... very lucky... so, that would be a terrible move for Priam. I don't mind divulging this info, b/c it helps to illustrate the extent to which this game is about to turn :lol: .

Just to clarify to the Achaeans. The role(s) that did not gain BTSC last night need to stick to the plan.

Edited by Brandonb

Night 3: The Moonlit Assassin

Within Nestor's ship, the brave Diomedes sat and listened to his mentor's inspiration. The old man was finishing a story of his youth that sparked and fueled a dangerous rage within Diomedes. He stood in a flash and burst out of the ship's confines, landing solidly on the beach, eyes fixated on Troy as if nothing else existed. Odysseus was standing next to him explaining to Agamemnon his proposal of taking an experienced scouting team up to the Palace of Troy in hopes of learning the enemy's battleplan. Just as Agamemnon nodded in approval and Odysseus' group began to set forth, Diomedes laid a hand on his friend's shoulder. "I beg you to include me on this mission General Odysseus." Odysseus saw the fire hiding behind the cool face of Diomedes. "I wouldn't have it any other way dear friend. I'll fill you in on my plan as we proceed up the western passage."

The stealthy reconnaissance group led by Odysseus stopped short of the passage when the ground before them began to quake and break open. From the chasm's darkness a pair of evil eyes shone bright. The men stilled in awe at the giant figure that emerged and set foot on the ground that closed beneath him, seemingly at his beck and call. Ares' burning hair and menacing disposition put all the Achaean warriors at unease. Only Diomedes was not swayed, Nestor's words still tossing around in his memory. Diomedes approached the fear mongering Ares and knelt before the God. "Please my Lord Ares, allow us to fight this night. I have the will of fire within my soul and it yearns to be expelled onto my enemy." Ares' raised a slightly shocked eyebrow and huffed to himself. "Very well young Achaean, but know this! I had made the decision to allow bloodshed tonight before our present encounter. I take no pleasure in fulfilling your wish. I only hope that tonight you all die at the hands of my favored Trojans. If not for my father's insistence, I'd kill you all where you stand this instant. But alas, I must wait for an opportune time. Until then, I only hope that my allies succeed in that regard. Now leave my sight before I change my mind!"

Across the beach the battle waged on as it had the previous nights. both Aeneas and dawh found themselves closing in on each other. As Aeneas vanquished his foes, one after the other, he reached dawh and attempted to slice him across the belly, but dawh blocked the attack in a ringing clash of blades. Aeneas was taken aback. "May I ask your name?" "I am called dawh by some, another name by others. You may call me dawh if you wish." "Well, ..dawh.., tonight you've earned my respect. I suspect I may enjoy fighting by your side for a while. It's not often someone manages to block an attack of mine after all." dawh continued to block attacks in the maelstrom of warriors and never bothered to answer the already occupied Trojan fighter.

Odysseus' group reached far beyond their expectations. They crouched among the shrubs and bushes just beneath the royal chambers of King Priam himself. Odysseus raised a finger to his lips signifying total silence. He then used a series of hand signals to guide all his men to strategic locations around the palace. He sent Diomedes far out of earshot for fear that the overzealous warrior would begin to shout in anticipation. Odysseus raised his head as close as he would dare to the window and listened in on the Trojan Lords' conversation. He heard Priam himself: "...those are two of the events I predict for tonight's transpiration, as for the third. It involves my son Paris. I presume he would..." Before Priam could finish his thought Odysseus launched a burning log through the window, shattering it, and startling all royalty. The room emptied and guards would soon descend upon Odysseus' men.

From his hiding spot, Odysseus clearly saw a group of men coming his way. There was one man in the center and the others seemed to be a guard of sorts. It looked to be led by the brave warrior Agenor of the Trojan ranks. Agenor looked back at the man he appeared to be protecting. "Have no fear Frost. You are well guarded tonight." Odysseus threw a series of stones down near the trunk of a nearby tree. Agenor's senses heightened. He signaled his men to advance. Frost tried to grab one of them in a panic and then came the creaking of the thin wood below their feet. Agenor shouted to flee, but before they could, the ground they stood upon collapsed and they all fell into a deep hole, breaking bones and being knocked unconscious. Frost was left alone. He directed his frustrated view toward Odysseus and saw only a wide smile. Then his eyes almost burst open as the blade of a sword pierced out through his chest. Frost ventured a final look behind him to see Diomedes' blood-spattered face, also smiling widely. The moonlight shone bright off his killer's face. The skin and teeth appearing white as snow, the blood spatters, as black as pitch. It was the last image Frost would see before his eyelids fell for the last time.

Diomedes wrenched the sword out of Frost, twirled it in the air, grabbed it with two hands and sliced the man's head clean off. Frost's body fell to its knees and then collapsed in a heap. Diomedes looked over at his friend's smile and then worry covered his face. Without thinking, Odysseus whirled around and impaled the person who had walked up behind him without his notice. Odysseus was surprised, but relieved. Still though, he held some doubt. "What is your name? I am Odysseus, General of the Achaean ranks." "I am ...kno ..known as ...Ccceee .....eeellllllll." CL fell back from Odysseus' blade. Diomedes rushed up to his friend. "Let us return before more danger should rear its head." "Yes. It's been a fulfilling night indeed. I wouldn't want to trust luck any farther."

The Night was in its weening moments. The sun almost ready to appear on the horizon. Impervious sighed in relief as he thought of living for another day. Then came the crashes of shields from his left. A legion of men sent to their death in a single swipe of a spear. Impervious backed away, despite his pride. Then came another loud crash as helmets were crushed and shields were pierced and men flew about as if a tornado had appeared in the midst of the battlefield. Impervious swallowed hard. Then he saw him. The pommel on the top of his helmet blowing in the wind gusts he created. Blood covered his golden armor. He tossed the heads off his spear and launched it at Impervious. Impervious tried to dodge the madman's spear, but it pierced his shoulder and sent him flying into a large tree, pinning him where he stood. Each man that approached the menace was split in half and broken and sent flying in a rage of skill and bloodlust. Impervious knew this was his end. But to think that the Mankiller Hector could be this sadistic and this skilled to actually live up to his fabled name? To think.... no... there was no more time to think. Time slowed as Hector raised his mighty sword above his head. His eyes shone red in the approaching sunrise. His sword sliced straight down splitting Impervious dead in half through helmet and armor. Hector ripped his spear out of the tree and the tree split in half then as well. He turned from his foe without another care and then he launched his spear at his next victim. Impervious' dead eyes faced both the back of his departing killer and at the same time, the Achaean ships harbored at the beach. He closed one eye before his body finally died.

Host: itachi

1) Izzy

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Star Tiger

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

17) Y-San -DEAD [Achaean]

Day 3 begins now and ends in 24 hours. Thanks for playing Frost, CL and Impervious :)

Addendum:

Calchus looked up from under his cowl at the fleet-footed Hermes landing like a feather on the thin spires in which Calchus had been hiding throughout the entirety of this vicious battle for Troy. "I knew you would come." "I knew you would know." Hermes smiled with the sarcastic remark. "This isn't much of a place for the peaceful. Well, this demonic-looking stone structure actually is quite peaceful. The waves and the silence between. Tell me, Calchus. Do you wish to be brought under the wing of either the Trojans or the Achaeans?"

I care not, just sing my songs

Not yet seeing where I belong

Though I have seen quite a bit

Of this battle of strength and wit

Tonight a mortal beckoned

Upon a God who reckoned

To keep a like being in her care

Though he needn't such affair.

haha we psyched you Achaeans out, didn't we? B)) hehe. Athena can't act today... I may change it, but for now:

1) Izzy

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Star Tiger

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality - voting for Brandonb

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Well! I am voting for unreality. No surprises there I guess. Die, you Tartarus-ishly devious Trojan. :P

1) Izzy

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Frost -DEAD

4) dawh

5) Cherry Lane -DEAD

6) Star Tiger

7) LIS -DEAD

8) SomeGuy

9) Joe's Student

10) GC - voting for unreality

11) PG

12) reaymond

13) impervious -DEAD

14) O'mally

15) unreality - voting for Brandonb

16) Brandonb [Achaean]

Cerberus was the three-headed dog that guarded Hades, which was a god and also the name encompassing the whole underworld, which was split into sections like the Elysian Fields (paradise for heroes) or Tartarus (eternal pit of fiery doom), etc

Well, I am pretty weak in Greek Myth as you know now. Interesting, again Tartarus and Cerebrus relate to Hades. This Hades is quite an interesting character. :D Hey! But you called me the pup of Cerebrus. :mad::P

If hell can be hellish, why cannot Tartarus be Tartarus-ish? If demon can be demonic, why cannot Tartarus be Tartarus-ic? I am Tartarus bent to sacrifice a Trojan. Anyone know authentic forms of usage of Tartarus as verbs?

EDIT: If Cerebrus is a bit cute, I will think of going back. But only after wreaking havoc here, not before and definitely not now.