BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I got an email alert on this, but by the time I looked it had been culled

I think this is a valid point. The rule against re-posting is seriously biased towards long-time brain denizens. There are lots of interesting riddles that people solved a year ago, but that many, probably a majority, of BDs have not gotten a chance to work on. Why then should they not be reposted, it is probably preferable to resurrecting old threads. One can either ignore reposts as 'not their cup of tea' as is suggested in the README, or post a link to the previous thread if they feel so inclined.

[Descends soapbox]

Pittwork has just posted a new topic entitled "Don't know where to post this." in forum "New Puzzles".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that no one wants to see the same riddles over and over, especially really simple ones. But as a fairly recent member there were many riddles that were before my time here at BrainDen. There are also many newer members than myself even, and they have not seen a great deal of really good riddles either. A lot of times I enjoy reading a riddle and the responses only to have that thread cut off because it is a repost.

As there are many many riddles on this site, I am really not interested in starting at the beginning and going through every riddle or puzzle, etc. one by one. Soooo, I don't really think it should be such a big deal if a riddle gets posted twice. Or perhaps there could be another Forum for older riddles or something of that sort.

That's just a suggestion, and perhaps someone could provide some feedback as to why it's such a bad thing to have a repost or anything else for that matter.

I know this isn't a riddle obviously, but I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured here was as good as any place else.

Thanks for reading,

Pittwork

3 answers to this question

I got an email alert on this, but by the time I looked it had been culled

Correct. "New Puzzles" is not the place for this discussion and we've addressed this before in the "Comments and Suggestions" forum. I emailed Pittwork and explained our position. That you know it was removed shows that you know this is not the place for it, so posting what was removed is out of line. Consider this a warning not to purposely do what is inappropriate again.

I think this is a valid point. The rule against re-posting is seriously biased towards long-time brain denizens.

Seriously biased, eh? We're not about to allow the same riddles posted over and over again, just to have the same objections and arguments posted repeatedly. I guess we can count on you soon to donate to the site to help pay for all of the extra thread space?

There are lots of interesting riddles that people solved a year ago, but that many, probably a majority, of BDs have not gotten a chance to work on. Why then should they not be reposted, it is probably preferable to resurrecting old threads.

They're all on record here. The OP's can be read and new members can work on them.