BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Chapter 5: The Original Study Room

Chapter 1: BluePrint to the victory

Chapter 2: Secret Tunnel

Chapter 3: What should they do?

Chapter 4: Secret of the BluePrint

While people were sleeping due to a tiring New Year Countdown for 2009, Andromeda, ST and Dawq had set their journey to fly over to Jade town early morning. Professor couldn’t follow, he has to stay because Inspector Slicks need him and his statement for the incident happened in his office. According to Inspector Slicks, they only found 1 person lying in the office, who was Roy. There is no any outer stranger lying there. That’s make FIF worried about the missing stranger will harm Professor again, so he decided to stay with Professor as his bodyguard.

Few hours passed, andromeda, ST and Dawq reached their destination. The Wise Manson has been abandon since 30 years ago. The front gate was locked. Dawq walked to the left for about 2 feet then stopped. He moved away some middle-size stones and dig the soil by both his hand. His face turn to joyful suddenly and then show the 2 young girls something in his hand – a chain of keys!

“You can’t believe it! All these are like destined earlier. Before the disaster happen, Wise told us he kept one set of the key on here so next time we can come back again. We were so naïve that time, but who didn’t when they were 10?”

Dawq opened the gate, walked through the front garden, opened the main door. All the furniture was covered by thick layer of dust. They soon walked upstairs and reach at a big panel of wooden door.

“Ok, here we go,” Dawq took a deep breath, exhaled out and then pushed both door panels. In front of them was the layout of the study room which was like this

post-5257-1231011040.jpg

“Wow! It just like what we saw in the secret tunnel, except for the gold coins and chests!” ST looked around with her eyes opened widely.

“So this is the original room. I wonder why there is a real model room under the library of Redrum University?” andromeda started throwing questions.

“That’s simple, the land where Redrum University was build, was belong to ancestor of Wise’s family.”

“I see,” andromeda nodded her head. “One of the obvious difference then what I can see now is the location where the gold coins and chests put is not filled with books. But then, isn’t it not so normal to put the books at the center of the study room. right Mr. Dawq?” andromeda asked.

“Right, when Templeton, Wise and I played around in this room, there is nothing at the center here,” Dawq looked around, and his memory flashed back to the time when 3 of them playing around here and Professor Ernest’s grandfather was happily looking at them while sitting at the working desk there.

“Don’t move!” A stranger voice suddenly made everyone stop their actions.

“Well done everyone, thanks for showing me the way to find the treasures!” A man then walked into the room, with armed. Andromeda and ST soon realized it was the man who was fainted at Professor Templeton room!

“Now, let me take the thing I want from here first, before I ask you to return the items you took from the tunnel!” the man walked to the center of the room, kneed down to look at the series of book, then he picked up one! “Yay! This is the one”

He then stood up again, and flipping the books, then his face suddenly turned pale! “What? What happen to my hands, ah~ its hot, its burning! Ahhhh~~~~” Dawq, Andromeda and ST didn’t really understand what actually happened to the stranger. What they saw was the man walked a few steps then collapsed on the floor, he was poisoned to dead!

All of them went towards the corpse and notice the book he took with the title of “The Only One Jade Ring”.

They realized there were 10 books around which in sequence will be:

The Only One Jade Ring

A Tale of Two Cities

The Third Witch

The Four Wise Men

Five Children and It

Six Million Dollar Man

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

The 8-bit Computer

The Eagle of the Ninth

Force Ten

“Look, there are tags on every item around the room!” ST then pointed around the room on item like the painting, the horse shoe hook, the empty vase, the antique chair etc.

“Hmm, let’s see what they say,”

Cabinet: Life of me at here is so simple: Just hanging around!

Chair: Your smile is the most memorable one to my memory. Your posture is the gentlest style to show your personality.

Desk: The faster it spins, the blurrier it will be; what can you expect, when the size of 6,371 km reduced to half foot!

Door: Make from wooden or metal doesn’t matter. As long as I make you feel comfortable.

Globe: Will you come closer? Otherwise how could you see clearly? Oops, don’t forget to let some light come in.

Hook: Wrong arrangement of the weight; a failure for achieving balance. Wrong decision of life you made; bring disaster later.

Microscope: End of the 4 corners of me is sharp, be alert when run over me. But I am be the best for you to do study.

Mona Lisa: Take a look; zero is at the end although it is the smaller among the ten. But who care, you know you already get use of it.

Scale: You think it is funny? You think I do like to be in this type of posture? You think I am pinpointing someone and start nagging? Come on, I just want to make you awake!

Teapot: Here is the place you can find one of the beautiful things. Once in a while there are some insects accompany me!

Telephone: Book won’t be found here. Chair won’t be found here too. Nothing should be put at here, because most of us want to pass through.

Vase: Out! All of you out! I will look down on the people who make me contain beauty of costumes but not the beauty of knowledge

“I see! This guy didn’t get the message right! Otherwise he won’t be so impatient. That’ also mean he didn’t know what the blueprints said. ST, take the stuff out” Dawq asked ST to take out the item that ST took from the secret tunnel, which is now become the important item for them to solve this hunt now.

The item is (you already know if you read the episode 4)

post-5257-1231011136.jpg

“We better solve it quick! It is 10:10 pm right now. I start feeling creepy here.” ST shivered.

So, the questions are

1) What did the message tell?

2) How does this watch helps to find the treasure?

Good Luck!

Ignore the wordings on the picture of the layout, it just show there are some message written there only

• Answers 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

my thoughts....however wrong they might be.....

the message......

bring the watch to jade mansion...

that there are 12 items placed around the room. Possibly aligning with a clock....therefore need to decipher the messages for the Cabinet and the Hooks....

I'm thinking that that points to what book should be picked up....

now time to get some shut eye.....

OK I wrote the messages in the clockwise order... what now? I don't know how to use the watch?

:)

Desk:

End of the 4 corners of me is sharp, be alert when run over me. But I am be the best for you to do study.

Hook:

Life of me at here is so simple: Just hanging around!

Telephone:

Take a look; zero is at the end although it is the smaller among the ten. But who care, you know you already get use of it.

Vase:

Here is the place you can find one of the beautiful things. Once in a while there are some insects accompany me!

Globe:

The faster it spins, the blurrier it will be; what can you expect, when the size of 6,371 km reduced to half foot!

Door:

Book won’t be found here. Chair won’t be found here too. Nothing should be put at here, because most of us want to pass through.

Scale:

Wrong arrangement of the weight; a failure for achieving balance. Wrong decision of life you made; bring disaster later.

Microscope:

Will you come closer? Otherwise how could you see clearly? Oops, don’t forget to let some light come in.

Chair:

Make from wooden or metal doesn’t matter. As long as I make you feel comfortable.

Cabinet:

Out! All of you out! I will look down on the people who make me contain beauty of costumes but not the beauty of knowledge

Teapot:

You think it is funny? You think I do like to be in this type of posture? You think I am pinpointing someone and start nagging? Come on, I just want to make you awake!

Mona Lisa:

Your smile is the most memorable one to my memory. Your posture is the gentlest style to show your personality.

I really hope that anagrams and re-arranging of letters isn't important...I tend to fail in that area <_<

I saw the same thing as Dawg that there are 12 objects and a watch. So, the hooks and the cabinet's messages are the only ones we need to pay attention to? And I was thinking that the cabinet might mean the Four Wise Men...

Thanks for another riddle, Woon! I love the object messages :D Now I really need to stop staring at the list of books and get some sleep... :P

edit:

OR instead of paying attention to the hooks and the cabinet, maybe we only need to look at the cabinet message since the time is 10:10 and according to Andromeda's above list, the #10th one is cabinet. Probably not though...

:P
Edited by star_tiger

Ok, time for some hints:

1) To FIF: Your questions can be answered if you found the answer for question part (a).

2) To Dawg, ST and many others: The reason I mentioned 'it is 10:10' because the picture I have for the watch is showing that!

3) To andromeda: What should I said about your action here? You are so called doing it correctly but not so correctly. Will let you figure for a while more see whether you could catch my meaning. :)

4) hey! Someone of you pick up a very important finding, but because the overall picture haven't been realized yet, so can't do anything right now. :)

Edited by woon

OK I wrote the messages in the clockwise order... what now? I don't know how to use the watch?

Desk:

End of the 4 corners of me is sharp, be alert when run over me. But I am be the best for you to do study.

Hook:

Life of me at here is so simple: Just hanging around!

Telephone:

Take a look; zero is at the end although it is the smaller among the ten. But who care, you know you already get use of it.

Vase:

Here is the place you can find one of the beautiful things. Once in a while there are some insects accompany me!

Globe:

The faster it spins, the blurrier it will be; what can you expect, when the size of 6,371 km reduced to half foot!

Door:

Book won’t be found here. Chair won’t be found here too. Nothing should be put at here, because most of us want to pass through.

Scale:

Wrong arrangement of the weight; a failure for achieving balance. Wrong decision of life you made; bring disaster later.

Microscope:

Will you come closer? Otherwise how could you see clearly? Oops, don’t forget to let some light come in.

Chair:

Make from wooden or metal doesn’t matter. As long as I make you feel comfortable.

Cabinet:

Out! All of you out! I will look down on the people who make me contain beauty of costumes but not the beauty of knowledge

Teapot:

You think it is funny? You think I do like to be in this type of posture? You think I am pinpointing someone and start nagging? Come on, I just want to make you awake!

Mona Lisa:

Your smile is the most memorable one to my memory. Your posture is the gentlest style to show your personality.

Ok, I finally know how to response on your guess

I mean you have match riddle and the title correctly. But this is not the first part of solving this. If you ever play or watch explore race or any kind of treasure hunt game, you will know where goes wrong on your solution track.

I hope you catch my meaning this time.

Ok, I finally know how to response on your guess

I mean you have match riddle and the title correctly. But this is not the first part of solving this. If you ever play or watch explore race or any kind of treasure hunt game, you will know where goes wrong on your solution track.

I hope you catch my meaning this time.

Nope I have never watched anything like that so once again I have no idea what your hint means?! :(

Do I need to connect the messages on the opposite sides?

Andromeda, I think what Woon might be hinting at is...

There are books in the center...we need to match the item along the outside with the title of the book on the inside......

so decipher the clues on the outside to get the names of the books on the inside....

still trying to figure how the watch plays into this.

Andromeda, I think what Woon might be hinting at is...

There are books in the center...we need to match the item along the outside with the title of the book on the inside......

so decipher the clues on the outside to get the names of the books on the inside....

still trying to figure how the watch plays into this.

I know that... but Woon's hints always confuse me and after reading them I know nothing... :)

I was trying to do that... no luck

I know that... but Woon's hints always confuse me and after reading them I know nothing... :)

I was trying to do that... no luck

Hmmm, let me explain

There are things located around the room as you can see in that layout. Each item has a tag with some message.

My format is [item][message of the tag at that item]

What andromeda has done is you rearrange the message and the item to become [item][the message which describe this item].

I mean you have correctly address the right item accordingly to the message given, but if you follow this track, you can't find the solution.

I hope you can see the difference. :mellow:

Hmmm, let me explain

There are things located around the room as you can see in that layout. Each item has a tag with some message.

My format is [item][message of the tag at that item]

What andromeda has done is you rearrange the message and the item to become [item][the message which describe this item].

I mean you have correctly address the right item accordingly to the message given, but if you follow this track, you can't find the solution.

I hope you can see the difference. :mellow:

So... no rearranging I leave everything as it is??

:huh: and just try to connect those with the book titles? I'm pretty sure I'm missing something <_<

Edited by andromeda

OK I finally turned off my computer and then it hit me what if I do this:

n1348292115_199565_3766.jpg

There are two figures emerging a square and a triangle and um... one more... I probably logged in for nothing... :lol:

OMG! andromeda!

Maybe you can find this right track earlier.

Keep going, you are now very close to the solution now! :D

do all the books really exist? i was googling the ones i hadn't heard of and no results came up for the first, 8th and 10th book

I self-create some of the books names so to make it 1 to 10. :P

OMG! andromeda!

Maybe you can find this right track earlier.

Keep going, you are now very close to the solution now! :D

OMG! Woon I had no idea! :lol:

OK how about

"The Four Wise Man" is the only book that wasn't coated with poison, because it looks like there's a pink arrow pointing at number 4?!

And I did turn off my computer and I was just siting in my arm chair and then it hit me what to do next and I turned it back on.

Edited by andromeda

“We better solve it quick! It is 10:10 pm right now. I start feeling creepy here.” ST shivered.

My guess is that 10:10 PM on the watch doesn't mean anything because that was the exact time then.

So, the questions are

1) What did the message tell?

I'm confused by this part because I thought that we should only identify the book that wasn't poisonous but we are actually supposed to compose a message using the thing that I doodled and the titles?!

2) How does this watch helps to find the treasure?

My drawing on the watch is probably it...

I thought that I might have something more to add to my previous post, but no...

My guess is that 10:10 PM on the watch doesn't mean anything because that was the exact time then.

Exactly. :)

I'm confused by this part because I thought that we should only identify the book that wasn't poisonous but we are actually supposed to compose a message using the thing that I doodled and the titles?!

has 2 layers of meaning if you notice it properly.

The first layer, I sort the message by alphabetical order, but in the room, it is not the case. So if you arrange them back......

The second layer, yup! You show it on the watch.

My drawing on the watch is probably it...

I thought that I might have something more to add to my previous post, but no...

You see, what you draw on the watch, are they really necessary been draw on the watch? Aren't they also can be drawn on the layout too? So if this is the case, that's mean the watch still has something to tell us? In fact someone already pick out but nobody eloborate from this.

You see, what you draw on the watch, are they really necessary been draw on the watch? Aren't they also can be drawn on the layout too? So if this is the case, that's mean the watch still has something to tell us? In fact someone already pick out but nobody eloborate from this.

has 2 layers of meaning if you notice it properly.

The first layer, I sort the message by alphabetical order, but in the room, it is not the case. So if you arrange them back......

The second layer, yup! You show it on the watch.

Well the reason that I did it on the watch is because it seamed prettier, and by looking at it like this I have to admit that I'm still not seeing anything... maybe I'm too tired.

n1348292115_200404_1370.jpg

When you say arrange it back... do you mean that I should leave it in line like you wrote it??

:wacko:

I love the riddle though :D

Well the reason that I did it on the watch is because it seamed prettier, and by looking at it like this I have to admit that I'm still not seeing anything... maybe I'm too tired.

When you say arrange it back... do you mean that I should leave it in line like you wrote it??

:wacko:

I love the riddle though :D

Thanks for loving the riddle. That's why I make sure

double meanings

1) The first layer is the warning! That's why later Dawg said “I see! This guy didn’t get the message right! Otherwise he won’t be so impatient...."

2) Second layer as I have mentioned earlier, you are kind of approaching. So next hint is: not all the shapes are useful. :)

the shapes there are:

- a triangle

- a square

- random 5 cornered shape

could the square be a useful shape in that it represents the desk (in some way or another) and that it has 4 corners so it also represents the four wise men - wise meaning having the ability to solve the riddle. those are the ideas i've had today