BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes Hybrid II

Brandonb

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the same as last one (and it looks similar enough), then Ted didn't know who he was. He knew he was a MIA killing role, and that's it. He had a 50/50 shot of really helping out his team by killing one of the other team. Of course, losing that coin toss... So, maybe it wasn't the best idea, but Ted knows who he is now, and had he been Elle, it would have been a good move.

looks like Ted made a 50/50 gamble and lost to Lady Luck :o:P

*Sigh* If he attacks a team, it's 50% helping his team and 50% hurting his team...so the Expectation value was 0. Whereas if he attacks an unsided, he has 0% chance of hitting a teammate and 25% of hitting Claire (which does nothing) and 25% of hitting the enemy MIA, who he knows is on the other team, even if he doesn't know which team he is on. So the Expectation value >0 and is preferable to attacking a team.

Or he could hit a really useful team member who just got secretly drafted... nah that would never happen.

LOL @ reference to Niki killing Parkman in Hybrid 1 :P

EDIT: BTW, 57 mins till the end of the cycle! Gets those PMs in ASAP! :D

Edited by Brandonb

15mins people!!! Getting down to the wire!

No PM by 15mins from now equals no action! No exceptions!!!

EDIT: Cool! All the PMs are in! So I'm gonna just call the day as over.

This will be a small post, lets see if I can get it done by 8:00 :P

Edited by Brandonb

Or he could hit a really useful team member who just got secretly drafted... nah that would never happen.

Uh...each team has a 50% chance of drafting the team member, so for the true unsides, it's still Expectation 0, and add to that the positive expectation of actually getting the enemy MIA...or 'nah that would never happen'? :P

Edit: Oh, about 'really useful team member'...all the RIEs pretty much make Parkman obsolete...plus, once he's drafted, the team probably already knows who all the unsides are and they might be afraid to use his ability on the other team, b/c it would give away the fact that Parkman got drafted.

LOL @ reference to Niki killing Parkman in Hybrid 1 :P

EDIT: BTW, 57 mins till the end of the cycle! Gets those PMs in ASAP! :D

:ph34r: @ reference to Elle attacking Niki first cycle Hybrid 1 (if only Claire hadn't done her random save...XP)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

my guess is that Ted is:

a) a newbie

b) an experienced player that didn't think it through, or

c) thought it was too dangerous to attack a draftable (and powerful, hint hint, draft me please :P) independent, one that could help take out the enemies. IMO, if I were Ted, I would have done the same thing. Hitting a helpful draftable is too big of a risk. He had 1/2 of hitting the right team, rather than 1/4 for the enemy MIA. You can't use probability expectations because that's assuming all roles have equal power, when the draftable independents are stronger (hint hint you need me ;D) than the normal players [that's why they're up for draft.... liquidation sale coming soon! Get me while you can! :P lol]

my guess is that Ted is:

a) a newbie

b) an experienced player that didn't think it through, or

c) thought it was too dangerous to attack a draftable (and powerful, hint hint, draft me please :P) independent, one that could help take out the enemies. IMO, if I were Ted, I would have done the same thing. Hitting a helpful draftable is too big of a risk. He had 1/2 of hitting the right team, rather than 1/4 for the enemy MIA. You can't use probability expectations because that's assuming all roles have equal power, when the draftable independents are stronger (hint hint you need me ;D) than the normal players [that's why they're up for draft.... liquidation sale coming soon! Get me while you can! :P lol]

You're only considering the advantages. Decision making requires weighing advantages over disadvantages. 1/2 getting the right team vs 1/2 getting the wrong team. The amount you could help your team by attacking the other team is the same as the amount you could hurt your team by attacking them, so overall, the weight is 0. Plus, with all the RIEs, the only really helpful draftee is Claire, and she can't die...but if you want to use the 1/2 argument, there is 1/2 chance your team will draft them vs 1/2 chance the other team will draft them, so it's the same as attacking a team. But the enemy MIA is 100% on the other team, and that fact makes it preferable to attack an unside then a team.

Edit: And the independent role are definitely LESS strong than the team roles, since the RIEs give out almost all the information that they would have gotten...and saving/killing/power-stealing roles are much more useful.

Edited by Yoruichi-san

You're only considering the advantages. Decision making requires weighing advantages over disadvantages. 1/2 getting the right team vs 1/2 getting the wrong team. The amount you could help your team by attacking the other team is the same as the amount you could hurt your team by attacking them, so overall, the weight is 0.

yes, it is [plus learning his role, but any successful kill endows that]

Plus, with all the RIEs, the only really helpful draftee is Claire, and she can't die...

Claire and Matt. Matt perhaps more so. Isaac is also pretty good, but not as good as Matt...

but if you want to use the 1/2 argument, there is 1/2 chance your team will draft them vs 1/2 chance the other team will draft them, so it's the same as attacking a team.

Except

a) the risk of 0-0 weight is less as the roles are more powerful, so attacking a team is less payoff and less loss, so a "safer" 0

b) attacking an independent runs the risk of hitting Claire, which doesn't kill her, and then Ted wouldn't learn his role [unless Bb would still put it in the night post. Not sure. Hmmm]

But the enemy MIA is 100% on the other team, and that fact makes it preferable to attack an unside then a team.

good point

To me, the two options (attacking a team or attacking an independent) seem about equal in loss-gain. It more or less comes down to opinion on which roles are more valuable

The Wall

It had been a loooong night last night (just look at the length of that post! :P ). So the company spent the majority of its time recuperating from the exhausting experience.

“We are all tired” Petrelli said to his group. “But the Heroes must be also…” “Yes, working together will be our best chance for tonight” said Linderman. To which the Haitian emphatically replied …

The heroes had a similar agenda in mind. They figured their best chance was to be sneaky, and work as a group.

The company had chosen their target… they spent hours searching for Ysan, but to no avail. Then, when they were about to give up, they saw her calmly walking down a busy sidewalk in the middle of the city.

“This is too easy!” The company thought to themselves as they closed in on their prey. They had all taken inconspicuous nearby positions among the crowd. They were all wearing bone mics in their ears, waiting for the word to pounce. “OK, Move In!” HRG said.

Just then, Ysan noticed the crowd closing in on her. She immediately knew what was going on and put her back against the brick wall of the Pink Floyd themed album shop next to her…. She was cornered.

Smiling devilishly, star_tiger made it to Ysan first and reached out to grab her prey. Just as she was about to clench her hand around Ysan’s throat, Ysan reached out too… and grabbed star_tiger’s wrist with a vicious death grip. Then suddenly, a pair of hands came out of the wall and wrapped around Ysan’s waist, pulling her through the wall. Star_tiger didn’t even have time to react. The rest of the company watched as Ysan Phrased into the wall with the help of DL. Then they witnessed star_tiger get pulled in right along with her… except… as soon as her arm and he head went through… she stopped.

Horrid screams filled the air when people nearby noticed star_tiger’s decapitated body as it fell to the sidewalk… while her head and arm both laying unseen on the opposite side of that wall.

It was a setup all along… The heroes had baited the Company, and Ysan deliberately positioned herself closest to where she knew star_tiger was positioned. So that when star_tiger confronted her, she could drag her halfway through a brick wall and then release her… to her death. While DL pulled her to safety.

The Company

Frost

Prof. Templeton

Sinistral

Kathleen

Star_Tiger

The Unsided

Unreality

Reaymond

LimeLiam

SomeGuy

Twin Pop

The Heroes

Prince_Marth85

Yoruichi-san

grey cells

dms172

Akaslickster

Cycle Three Starts NOW! It will end at 8:00pm EST tomorrow.

Rules and Roles

The Nightmare Becomes Reality2

A Dark Cold-Blooded Night2

Welp... I know what you guys were talking about in the first game, now. I guess it's good that folks are using their RIE's this time, but it's a lot less exciting being on the Orange team. I have to say, though, recycled events or not, these posts are hella fun to read.

Hehe, thanks guys. It's fun writing them, but kinda laborious :P

And thank you to everyone who has died... I'm sorry that you had to go so quickly, but thank you for playing! I look forward to seeing you all again in #3 (which may be themed differently, but will still essentially be the same game).

It's probably a good thing that I haven't read Hybrid 1's posts yet ;)

:P If any of them, I suggest reading the opening post of Hybrid 1. Some of the others got some good feedback, but I enjoyed writing the intro most of all (click the "trainyard" link in this game's intro to get to the post). :D

Ok, I had something brought up that I had not noticed. There is a publicly confirmed ID that may no longer be used towards the RIE.

RIE #4:

"I (Yoruichi-san) am not DL, SomeGuy is Isaac"

RIE #6:

"GC is not DL, Limeliam is Parkman."

The public appearance of DL saving Ysan last night in the post (plus no heroes died and there are only three originals remaining), in addition to the above quoted public legal RIEs made by the Heroes... Created a public logical certainty, so DL/Marth may no longer be used for the RIE.

(If there are any others that I have not noticed, please feel free to bring them to my attention). :)

RIE#8:

I (Yoruichi-san) am not Ted, Frost is the Haitian. (Frosty the Haitian ;P)

Sorry Ysan, that RIE is not allowed b/c it violates a logical certainty from your previous RIE

RIE #5:

"I (Yoruichi-san) am not Niki, Reaymond is Isaac"

This post was made before the first post. Which means that you must have had BTSC with Niki in order for that to be a legal RIE. Which means that Ted must have been the MIA.

This is not a deliberate misuse of the RIE though, so I will le you rephrase... however ur running out of time

15mins remaining!!!!