BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

bonanova

Question

16 answers to this question

I suppose "long" is called when ball lands on wrong side of the long line, "wide" an short line?

If the ball lands on a corner or on a point that is away from a corner equally from long and short lines ( 1350 to each lines), maybe each linesperson wait from the other one to call, and neither calls.

That is not a logical answer, but to work on it I must first eliminate this simple one.

I suppose "long" is called when ball lands on wrong side of the long line, "wide" an short line?

That is not a logical answer, but to work on it I must first eliminate this simple one.

If the ball lands on a corner or on a point that is away from a corner equally from long and short lines ( 1350 to each lines), maybe each linesperson wait from the other one to call, and neither calls.

I disagree. In this case, both linepersons would call.

If the player obstructs the view, the linesperson does not call and must make a signal for the chair refree, who now has the responsability of saying if it was a good ball or not.

i think it IS possible for a ball to be outside the regular court but not called out -

[spoiler='i think it IS possible for a ball to be outside the regular court but not called out -

']hard to describe - but if the ball lands JUST outside the corner of the court at 45 degrees to the regular court then it will be just outside court but will seem to both linejudges to be overlapping a white line and so seem ok

What happens if the tennis ball hits a bird mid air ?

What happens if a tennis racket hits the ball so hard it shreds into pieces ?

What happens if it hits a puddle in the court, yet the water stopped it from going outside the lines ?

What happens if Sienne Williams (?) goes on steroids and her serves exceed 200mph ? And since the serve goes so fast, it hits the line, it'll rub all the paint off with its massive force thus no one knowing if its long or wide ( Cuz it hit the 90' part)

What happens if the suns UV rays, somehow found a hole on the Ozone layer, thus blinding both watchmen, right when the ball is hit ?

Too many possibilities MAN !

And yes I have no idea about the game tennis or its rules. I know hot girls play it or rich people

What happens if the tennis ball hits a bird mid air ? Then they retake the serve

What happens if a tennis racket hits the ball so hard it shreds into pieces ? Then they retake the serve

What happens if it hits a puddle in the court, yet the water stopped it from going outside the lines ? They wouldnt be playing if there were puddles on the court

What happens if Sienne Williams (?) goes on steroids and her serves exceed 200mph ? And since the serve goes so fast, it hits the line, it'll rub all the paint off with its massive force thus no one knowing if its long or wide ( Cuz it hit the 90' part) Then *Serena* williams will get kicked out the tournament so the serve is irrelevant

What happens if the suns UV rays, somehow found a hole on the Ozone layer, thus blinding both watchmen, right when the ball is hit ? Umpire decides. Or in the case that the UV rays blinded him then they go to hawkeye

And yes I have no idea about the game tennis or its rules. I know hot girls play it or rich people

Theres the answer to your questions ;). This is a bona puzzle, there is never more than one solution unless he stated so :P

i think it IS possible for a ball to be outside the regular court but not called out -

[spoiler='i think it IS possible for a ball to be outside the regular court but not called out -

']hard to describe - but if the ball lands JUST outside the corner of the court at 45 degrees to the regular court then it will be just outside court but will seem to both linejudges to be overlapping a white line and so seem ok

That's it. Nice job. ;)

Welcome to the Den oozie.

post-1048-1230934187.gif

What happens if the tennis ball hits a bird mid air ?

What happens if a tennis racket hits the ball so hard it shreds into pieces ?

What happens if it hits a puddle in the court, yet the water stopped it from going outside the lines ?

What happens if Sienne Williams (?) goes on steroids and her serves exceed 200mph ? And since the serve goes so fast, it hits the line, it'll rub all the paint off with its massive force thus no one knowing if its long or wide ( Cuz it hit the 90' part)

What happens if the suns UV rays, somehow found a hole on the Ozone layer, thus blinding both watchmen, right when the ball is hit ?

Honorable Mention to reaymond for silliness AND creativity! ;)

Linespersons at tennis matches call a service fault when

a ball lands on the wrong side of a boundary line. Each

person watches one line, and calls "long" or "wide" as

appropriate

Is it possible for a service fault to be missed using this

approach?

foot faults would be missed..

thats a service fault.

??? confused ???