BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

The killer’s hands slipped along the cracked, peeling wall. He was careful where he stepped, because there was broken glass on the floor. He knew why. Mom and Daughter had been fighting about school, boys, ect. A punch had been thrown. Glass had been shattered. It was as simple as that.

Now he was in a dark hallway. He could see a little light from the moon through one of the small, broken windows. More glass was on the floor. And a little blood. He stopped short, realizing what this meant. He was the killer. Apparently he was not the only killer. A noise, a crackle of broken glass being stepped on broke the night’s silence. He turned around. He turned too fast. The last thing he saw before he fell to the ground was the family’s cat, watching him from the deep, dark shadows.

The detective burst in upon the scene. Her piercing blue eyes quickly swept the crime scene. The mother and daughter had come bursting into the office. They were still in there PJ’s, and their hair was ruffled, for they had not brushed it as soon as they saw the dead man upon the floor. The mother had wordlessly pushed her daughter gently into the car as soon as she could. And together, they had driven down.

Putting on her plastic gloves was not the turning point. No, the change was when she was putting them on. Her eyes were glued to the hand of the man – stuffed in his pocket. She finished putting on her gloves as her friend and partner arrived.

“Lissa, wha-“

“Not now.”

“What is it? Is there a problem?”

“No – just PLEASE let me finish!”

“Sorry……I’ll wait.”

Detective Alisa Margarete bent down, and carefully removed the hand from the pocket. IT ws empty.

“Damn it!” she cried. “I thought….I mean I knew…..but I guess…..oh well.”

“Look – in the pocket! There IS something in there!!”

Touching it gently, Alisa removed the note. A small piece of paper was in there – looking like this:

PACK MY BOX WITH FIVE DOZEN LIQUOR JUGS

* = 0

13/25 * 7/2/31/17/5/17/22/12 2/12 28/8/17/6/31

13/25 5/17/17/12/11/22/30 2/5/8/27/27/8/10 * 12/27/08

“Wha –“ her partner, Detective Robert Sherten started to say. He fell silent to Alisa’s shushing.

“I know…it’s odd but maybe we could solve it.”

Her partner smiled. “I can do better. I have REALLY smart friends – and their digits.”

Alisa looked up, smiled, and gave a slight nod. “Sound’s good.”

It’s up to you BDers!! Robert dialed your digits and you need to help them!

15 answers to this question

He knew why. Mom and Daughter had been fighting about school, boys, ect. A punch had been thrown. Glass had been shattered. It

If he knew why, then he was close to the family, acquaintance , maybe even the boyfriend ?

Now he was in a dark hallway. He could see a little light from the moon through one of the small, broken windows.

You wouldn't of mentioned it was broken unless you wanted too. The moon light will always shine through regardless if the window is broken. Maybe the cat had something to do with it ?

More glass was on the floor. And a little blood. He stopped short, realizing what this meant. He was the killer. Apparently he was not the only killer. A noise, a crackle of broken glass being stepped on broke the night’s silence. He turned around. He turned too fast.

Turned too fast causing him not to see clearly the perpetrator ?

Or turning to fast hitting something in the head

The last thing he saw before he fell to the ground was the family’s cat, watching him from the deep, dark shadows.

The detective burst in upon the scene. Her piercing blue eyes quickly swept the crime scene. The mother and daughter had come bursting into the office.

This was intentional Im guessing ? Switching the scene radically ?

They were still in there PJ’s, and their hair was ruffled, for they had not brushed it as soon as they saw the dead man upon the floor.

If they are someplace different (I'm guessing in the office) and they've seen a dead body, Im guessing the first killer was going for the second killer. Making the first killer a protector of the wife and daughter ?

The mother had wordlessly pushed her daughter gently into the car as soon as she could. And together, they had driven down.

Putting on her plastic gloves was not the turning point. No, the change was when she was putting them on. Her eyes were glued to the hand of the man – stuffed in his pocket. She finished putting on her gloves as her friend and partner arrived.

“Lissa, wha-“

“Not now.”

“What is it? Is there a problem?” It seems like Lisa's friend is in on it, why would he ask if there was a problem ? (Ya I thought about he concentrating colossally however the next few lines deny it)

“Sorry……I’ll wait.”

Detective Alisa Margarete bent down, and carefully removed the hand from the pocket. IT ws empty.

“Damn it!” she cried. “I thought….I mean I knew…..but I guess…..oh well.” She was anticipating what?

Touching it gently, Alisa removed the note. A small piece of paper was in there – looking like this:

I'm guessing it was a close friend/BF going in to kill someone, however found himself the prey.

The cops, Lisa, was in on it.

Edited by Ionno

He knew why. Mom and Daughter had been fighting about school, boys, ect. A punch had been thrown. Glass had been shattered. It

If he knew why, then he was close to the family, acquaintance , maybe even the boyfriend ?

maybe.....this was just to add a hook. A first scene. Good idea - can i use it???

Now he was in a dark hallway. He could see a little light from the moon through one of the small, broken windows.

You wouldn't of mentioned it was broken unless you wanted too. The moon light will always shine through regardless if the window is broken. Maybe the cat had something to do with it ?

maybe - maybe because the windows were dirty, and the only way to let light through them was because they are broken.

More glass was on the floor. And a little blood. He stopped short, realizing what this meant. He was the killer. Apparently he was not the only killer. A noise, a crackle of broken glass being stepped on broke the night’s silence. He turned around. He turned too fast.

Turned too fast causing him not to see clearly the perpetrator ?

Or turning to fast hitting something in the head

The last thing he saw before he fell to the ground was the family’s cat, watching him from the deep, dark shadows.

He turned to fast, slipping on glass, and then fell down. In my mind, he hit his head on the ground and died, but thats just me.

The detective burst in upon the scene. Her piercing blue eyes quickly swept the crime scene. The mother and daughter had come bursting into the office.

This was intentional Im guessing ? Switching the scene radically ?

yes - this is later.

They were still in there PJ’s, and their hair was ruffled, for they had not brushed it as soon as they saw the dead man upon the floor.

If they are someplace different (I'm guessing in the office) and they've seen a dead body, Im guessing the first killer was going for the second killer. Making the first killer a protector of the wife and daughter ?

possibly. Or maybe the killer missunderstood. The broken glass could have been the 2nd killer. it had blood, probobly when it shattered.

The mother had wordlessly pushed her daughter gently into the car as soon as she could. And together, they had driven down.

“Lissa, wha-“

“Not now.”

“What is it? Is there a problem?” It seems like Lisa's friend is in on it, why would he ask if there was a problem ? (Ya I thought about he concentrating colossally however the next few lines deny it)

“Sorry……I’ll wait.”

“Damn it!” she cried. “I thought….I mean I knew…..but I guess…..oh well.” She was anticipating what?

I'm guessing it was a close friend/BF going in to kill someone, however found himself the prey.

yes...

The cops, Lisa, was in on it.

no...

Solve the code, and you move onto a different stage of the riddle.

So am I on to something ?

* = 0

Has turned up:

HQ BAGEMENTATROEYG

HQ MEETINUAMOOOOW TOO

Cryptograms? Anagrams ?

the first "HQ" one i have got

"BANG TOY MEET RAGE "

Kid was playing with new toy and someone snapped ?

If you continue to put a number under each letter - 1 under P, 2 under A, 3 under C, etc. Then you get this:

HQ * BAGEMENT AT ROEYG

HQ MEETING AMOOOOW * 12/27/08

I have a feeling that the G should be S making basement. The 12/27/08 is either the date or 'TOO' when you look at the numbers that are assoicated with the letters.

If you continue to put a number under each letter - 1 under P, 2 under A, 3 under C, etc. Then you get this:

HQ * BAGEMENT AT ROEYG

HQ MEETINU AMOOOOW * 12/27/08

I have a feeling that the G should be S making basement. Perhaps the U should be G making Meeting? The 12/27/08 is either the date or 'TOO' when you look at the numbers that are assoicated with the letters.

So am I on to something ?

* = 0

Has turned up:

HQ BAGEMENTATROEYG

HQ MEETINUAMOOOOW TOO

Cryptograms? Anagrams ?

the first "HQ" one i have got

"BANG TOY MEET RAGE "

Kid was playing with new toy and someone snapped ?

HQ is right. the rest isn't

HQ * BAGEMENT AT ROEYG

I have a feeling that the G should be S making basement. The 12/27/08 is either the date or 'TOO' when you look at the numbers that are assoicated with the letters.

Yes - but purple is not just a mistake... ;)

most of the letters are right, but double check again.

What words are right (in blue):

HQ * BAGEMENT AT ROEYG

Edited by peace*out

* = 0

HQ = BASEMENT AT JOEYS

13/25 5/17/17/12/11/22/30 2/5/8/27/27/8/10 * 12/27/08

HQ MEETING TOMORROW = 12/27/08

I think that the "killer" is the Dad. His wife and daughter were in a fight about his daughter's boyfriend and the "punch" thrown was a drink of punch which knocked out a lamp, making the room dark and sprinkling glass on the floor. He slipped and fell on the glass and killed himself.

The note in his pocket was a note that his wife had found on his daughter. His wife read him the note over the phone and he deciphered it on the way home from work and was going to inform his wife that his daughter was going to meet her boyfriend Joey in his basement on Dec 27.