BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

~-~The Rules of BD Quiddler:

Players:

Each game will have around (though i will have just 4) 4 players. This is a good number, because it will add some fun, but it wont take to long to go around in a circle.

Before the game:

Each Player will be PMed the number of cards and their values (EX of one card: B (8)). i will start with the first player on the list, and go down each new round. That is also the playing order for the Game. Placing yourself in just the right spot can sometimes be a wonderful strategy.

The Game:

for the first round, i will PM each player 3 cards. I will ask the person if he wants to pick up the previous card (and tell him/her what it is) or ask if s/he would want to pick up an unknown card. They will deside. There are two options:

1) Picks the previous card (and discards one. He will say, “I’m out” if he’s made a 3 letter word.

2) He chooses the unknown card (will discard after he chooses his new card. S/he can be ‘out’ too.

After that, it goes onto the next person, and the same will happen. If someone becomes ‘out’, there is a full round (from that peson to the one right before them), where everyone has a chance to be out.

2+ to be out:

If you’re the second (or later) person to be out, then you have several options:

1) Make a (the # of cards here) - letter word when it is your turn

2) Create 2 words with your letters

3) If you have no other options, you PM me and say ‘Fold’ – that means that you have no options

Once you PM me, then it is the next person’s turn.

Once the round is done:[b/]

When the round is done, you count up the points. Remember this: B (8)?? The letter stands for the letter. The # in parentheses stands for the # of points you get at the end of the round for using that card. But when there are cards you can not use (possible with Options 2&3 (under 2+…), the #s are they points deducted.

At the end of all the rounds, the person with the most points wins!!!

We will play 3 rounds at first (aka 3 cards, 4 cards, 5 cards)!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FYI: I have the game of Quiddler, and know how to play the game...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Host: Peace

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

4 answers to this question

I have never heard of the game Quiddler, so I'm probably going to be really bad at it :P

"for the first round, i will PM each player 3 cards. I will ask the person if he wants to pick up the previous card (and tell him/her what it is) or ask if s/he would want to pick up an unknown card."

What do you mean by previous card? Does the player know what the previous card is?

Host: Peace

1) ST

2)

3)

4)

5)

Edited by star_tiger

"for the first round, i will PM each player 3 cards. I will ask the person if he wants to pick up the previous card (and tell him/her what it is) or ask if s/he would want to pick up an unknown card."

What do you mean by previous card? Does the player know what the previous card is?

the previous card is the card that the person before you discarded. the person knows what the previous card is, but not the next one.