BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

What do you do for the Holidays, and what holidays do you celebrate??

ANY Holidays!!

I celebrate thanksgiving, christmas, and new years in the holiday season. We have a friend who celebrates Hannakah, and we celebrate with her, but it is only when she's with us.

We always get our chrismas tree for free from friends in our town, when they host a get-your-chrismas-tree party. The kids sit around, talk for a bit, then play apples to apples.

7 answers to this question

What do you do for the Holidays, and what holidays do you celebrate??

ANY Holidays!!

I celebrate thanksgiving, christmas, and new years in the holiday season. We have a friend who celebrates Hannakah, and we celebrate with her, but it is only when she's with us.

We always get our chrismas tree for free from friends in our town, when they host a get-your-chrismas-tree party. The kids sit around, talk for a bit, then play apples to apples.

I celebrate all the above as well, and most of my friends do too (although I wish I knew someone who celebrates Hannakah!). Our Christmas tree are one of those fake ones and is quite ancient. I'm against cutting down real pine trees every Christmas, so we stuck with the plastic ones :P I celebrate Christmas with my family and we usually talk (there are many great storytellers :) ) or play really cheesy group games (that usually end with me screaming at the general population... ;) ).

I celebrate Christmas, New Year, Easter, Diwali, Holi, Eid (yes, even that...:D), sometimes Chinese new year.....but that's more of research on the chinese sign....;)

Republic Day, Independence day, etc. They are all holidays.....so fun!!! :D

Mostly tree, presents, etc. The usual......and LOTS of FOOD!!!! :thumbsup::D :D :D

New Year's, Easter, (U.S.) Memorial Day & Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. Also sometimes Cinco de Mayo & Mexican Independence Day, & Chinese/Lunar New Year & Moon Festival with friends. If someone I know invites me to a good PG-rated Solstice Celebration I'll do that too on occasion.

Major ones for my family & friends are Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year. Thanksgiving is lots of food, football, movies, & games - all weekend long. Christmas is presents for the kids, food (Mmm, home-raised beef & corn!), and together time. My mother grew up in Pennsylvania, so New Year's lunch is Pennsylvania Dutch - pork & cabbage! - and all the bowl games we can watch.

Ok here goes:

Christmas eve: fish and chips at my sisters followed by tobogganing

Christmas: usually turkey at my in-laws

New years eve: whatever changes all the time (i worked this year)

Thanksgiving AKA Turkey day: happens about 1 month sooner up here than you americans

Mothers day: split the weekend between my mother and my mother in law

Fathers day: the BIG one, my home town has its annual fair that weekend. Ther eis a 5 mile fun run that my bro and i do every year, he always wins but as long as i'm not dead last i'm happy. and of course fireworks that are well not the greatest but sure is fun to watch as a whoel family. Oh yeah and we buy my dad hot dogs at tbefore the fireworks.