BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Star Wars Mafia

Umm. Impervious, as much as I agree with gut feelings and stuff, is it important that you're alive? If Luke and Han both switch over to you, that would potentially make us waste one save, which could be used to save other people that are essential to the game. Not that I know whether we need you to win or not, and not that you should tell us your role now, that would just make it easier for the baddies to RID you, which is.. bad, but.. just throwing that out there. :unsure:

I don't want both to protect me, just either or. If anything have Chewie attack Someone and have Luke save me. If we're lucky Chewie will get a baddie.

editL typos

Edited by Impervious

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want both to protect me, just either or. If anything have Chewie attack Someone and have Luke save me. If we're lucky Chewie will get a baddie.

editL typos

I didn't mean that I thought you wanted both to protect you. I thought that if both read the thing and decided to switch over to you, that would waste one save.

@ Luke, Chewy, and Solo: Make sure you don't both switch over. If you guys somehow know who you are, I think Solo should save Luke, and Luke save whoever else is important, Solo maybe. That way Luke doesn't die, Yoda can recruit him, and we can win. :D If you don't know who you are, Chewy and Solo should keep whatever action they've already made, and Luke, unless he knows something else, could save Impervious.

I didn't mean that I thought you wanted both to protect you. I thought that if both read the thing and decided to switch over to you, that would waste one save.

@ Luke, Chewy, and Solo: Make sure you don't both switch over. If you guys somehow know who you are, I think Solo should save Luke, and Luke save whoever else is important, Solo maybe. That way Luke doesn't die, Yoda can recruit him, and we can win. :D If you don't know who you are, Chewy and Solo should keep whatever action they've already made, and Luke, unless he knows something else, could save Impervious.

Thanks for clarifying what I meant. :)

How about we just have a third party solve the whole thing? Ok! I'll do it. Han Solo, you should target and save Impervious, please. After what we saw last night, I believe him to be a pilot, and not Darth Vader (Imperials wouldn't attack themselves). All of that being said, depending on how the night goes, we may want to have Chewie visit him tomorrow.

^ Yeah, that works too. Then what should Luke do?

Since Someguy came up with the plan, I think Luke should save him.

edit: where is everyone, a 3-4 way conversation is quite boring....-_-

Edited by Impervious

Since Someguy came up with the plan, I think Luke should save him.

edit: where is everyone, a 3-4 way conversation is quite boring....-_-

I wouldn't want Luke to be too predictable. If we think you're that big of a target, I don't mind the innocents telegraphing a save, but the other should probably act more discretely. Otherwise we just give the baddies an easy list of targets to choose from.

I wouldn't want Luke to be too predictable. If we think you're that big of a target, I don't mind the innocents telegraphing a save, but the other should probably act more discretely. Otherwise we just give the baddies an easy list of targets to choose from.

That is true. Judging by night one, the baddies definitely find me to be a threat. My innocence was also luckily proven that night. Yoda would be the optimal one to protect as we need him to recruit Luke.

1. Impervious is an excellent player. That's why he was targeted so much the first night.

2. 60% chance he is not bad. (40% bad because it would be sophisticated to be bad and attack and protect himself the first night to throw everyone off and then use future night to protect an assumed goodie.)

3. Dreams are not valid logic for protection. However, night 1's assaults mean that it is likely that he will be attacked again the 2nd night.

4. I think if we go with SG and Imp's plan, Yoda should find out Imp's true role, Luke knows what to do and Han knows what to do.

I'm ok with this plan but when is the night over? Hasn't everyone already PM'd their action by now?

1. Impervious is an excellent player. That's why he was targeted so much the first night.

2. 60% chance he is not bad. (40% bad because it would be sophisticated to be bad and attack and protect himself the first night to throw everyone off and then use future night to protect an assumed goodie.)

3. Dreams are not valid logic for protection. However, night 1's assaults mean that it is likely that he will be attacked again the 2nd night.

4. I think if we go with SG and Imp's plan, Yoda should find out Imp's true role, Luke knows what to do and Han knows what to do.

I'm ok with this plan but when is the night over? Hasn't everyone already PM'd their action by now?

I think reaymond is asleep right now. or swimming...Last we spoke he was getting dinner then heading to the pool. that was about 3-4 hours or so ago.

In regards to your good/bad statement, definitely a sophisticated plan. however why waste a perfectly good kill on a teammate who is almost guaranteed to be target by a goodie kill role (as we saw), when they can use that kill to take out their opponents?

dreams, while not valid, usually ring true in my case, it did for Heroes Hybrid, as well as Classic Mafia. it's also rung true for other instances in my life outside of BD (shocking that there is such a thing, I know)

dreams, while not valid, usually ring true in my case, it did for Heroes Hybrid, as well as Classic Mafia. it's also rung true for other instances in my life outside of BD (shocking that there is such a thing, I know)

Apparently BD mafia death dreams are pretty accurate o_O I had a dream that I died in Princess Bride Mafia...Woke up...I was dead T-T

Apparently BD mafia death dreams are pretty accurate o_O I had a dream that I died in Princess Bride Mafia...Woke up...I was dead T-T

see. i think we mafiaholics have a psychic connection :)

Edited by Impervious

Well, Night was meant to end, but I shall extend it again due to the discussion. That gives me tomorrow to write night post and you 3 days to discuss lynching :D

sounds good. i'll mostlike be partially in active in about 2.5 hours as i'll be off work, but i'll do my best to check in.

Sorry, fellow Star Wars players, I, along with quite a few other people, were at school :P I went back through the couple posts, and found out much info that I'm pretty happy with :D

That is true. Judging by night one, the baddies definitely find me to be a threat. My innocence was also luckily proven that night. Yoda would be the optimal one to protect as we need him to recruit Luke.

I agree with protecting Yoda, but keep in mind, there's a very slim chance that the saving roles will know his identity. Also, concerning your innocence...it is quite likely that SG's statement about you being a goodie, but there's always a tiny percentage that you could be Jabba the Hut. Also, I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Impervious is a pilot. It looks to me that Impervious could be a non-pilot as well, and that someone saved him so that R2D2 and the Imperials didn't successfully kill him. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something... :P

In regards to your good/bad statement, definitely a sophisticated plan. however why waste a perfectly good kill on a teammate who is almost guaranteed to be target by a goodie kill role (as we saw), when they can use that kill to take out their opponents?

I agree with Impervious on the good/bad statement. The Imperials will have to waste a kill, then probably a save, just to clear Impervious' name. I find this highly unlikely, so I'm 99% sure that he is a goodie (the 1% going for Jabba the Hut). Of course, this is just at the moment, since Impervious might yet still be recruited to the Dark Side :o

I agree with protecting Yoda, but keep in mind, there's a very slim chance that the saving roles will know his identity. Also, concerning your innocence...it is quite likely that SG's statement about you being a goodie, but there's always a tiny percentage that you could be Jabba the Hut. Also, I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Impervious is a pilot. It looks to me that Impervious could be a non-pilot as well, and that someone saved him so that R2D2 and the Imperials didn't successfully kill him. I'm pretty sure I'm missing something... :P

I am indeed a pilot. R2D2 can only kill it's target if they are a pilot. Other than that they are just manipulated. So that 1% of me being Jabba can now go down to 0 :)

edit: where is everyone, a 3-4 way conversation is quite boring..

lol agreed ^^

Can't really relate to the dream thing....my dreams are 100% cartoon since I turned about......5

So it's really hard to connect/take seriously xD

I have a warped mind O.o

I agree with Impervious, I think he's an obvious choice to go for...but then again I think I am too :P

I have swimming tonight, I'll post after with some actually useful (hopefully) info

I am indeed a pilot. R2D2 can only kill it's target if they are a pilot. Other than that they are just manipulated. So that 1% of me being Jabba can now go down to 0 :)

:lol: , I knew I was missing something. :P But you can still be an independant pilot... :o

Ok, this is something that is confudling me a bit: So, the Imperials used their group kill on poor Imp (which I just learnt is actually the name of a baby demon ;) ), but what happened to Darth Vader's kill? I first thought that his target got saved, but wouldn't the kill at least be mentioned?

lol agreed ^^

Can't really relate to the dream thing....my dreams are 100% cartoon since I turned about......5

So it's really hard to connect/take seriously xD

I have a warped mind O.o

I agree with Impervious, I think he's an obvious choice to go for...but then again I think I am too :P

I have swimming tonight, I'll post after with some actually useful (hopefully) info

Glad you're back, Silver :D

Ya, I'm not depending on the dream thing too much. Not very reliable... Either way, I hope Han has saved Impervious. I truly wonder why everyone wants Impervious dead...sure he's an experienced player, but that just makes the game more interesting :P

Glad you're back, Silver :D

Ya, I'm not depending on the dream thing too much. Not very reliable... Either way, I hope Han has saved Impervious. I truly wonder why everyone wants Impervious dead...sure he's an experienced player, but that just makes the game more interesting :P

That's exactly why... -_-

There is a potential that reay decided not to write in DVs kill if he was saved or if he attempted to just RID attempt Luke.

In that aspect it's up to the Host on what's in and what's out

That's exactly why... -_-

There is a potential that reay decided not to write in DVs kill if he was saved or if he attempted to just RID attempt Luke.

In that aspect it's up to the Host on what's in and what's out

Hmm...that might take some getting used to. I don't know why DV would not kill though... reay, if you want to, may you please post a brief outline of stuff that you might take out? I usually play/strategize automatically assuming that all kills/saves/recruits are mentioned, so I may need to change some stuff up if things like kills might not be mentioned if the target is saved.

Also, if reay is taking out all saved kills, why was Impervious mentioned? Technically, he too was saved from the Imperials' group kill. Now I'm really confused :blink:

Hmm...that might take some getting used to. I don't know why DV would not kill though... reay, if you want to, may you please post a brief outline of stuff that you might take out? I usually play/strategize automatically assuming that all kills/saves/recruits are mentioned, so I may need to change some stuff up if things like kills might not be mentioned if the target is saved.

Also, if reay is taking out all saved kills, why was Impervious mentioned? Technically, he too was saved from the Imperials' group kill. Now I'm really confused :blink:

Oh good point. Maybe he put it in there because it was amusing how many people targeted me :P

If people atack expierienced players why did I almost die?

Well, there's actually a couple schools of thought on that. Some of the more veteran players won't attack others that have the same experience, because they have more fun with the better players around. Others will. Some will use that to fool people ;) But this all refers to the night actions, which no one can see the source of. In the day, people tend to "attack" whatever targets seem easy (from the baddie perspective), or guilty (from the goodie perspective). In your case, you almost died because it was day 1, and day 1's are rough for goodies all around. We got pretty lucky on this one. Hopefully we'll continue to get lucky.

Well, there's actually a couple schools of thought on that. Some of the more veteran players won't attack others that have the same experience, because they have more fun with the better players around. Others will. Some will use that to fool people ;) But this all refers to the night actions, which no one can see the source of. In the day, people tend to "attack" whatever targets seem easy (from the baddie perspective), or guilty (from the goodie perspective). In your case, you almost died because it was day 1, and day 1's are rough for goodies all around. We got pretty lucky on this one. Hopefully we'll continue to get lucky.

Well put. I was going to say something similar. In my case, In past mafias When I get on a roll, the game is usually done for. (look up Fox Network Fight)

In the case of this one. I'm assuming whomever saved me night one, knows of my rep of dying night one and wanted to keep me in the game to keep things interesting :)