BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Star Wars Mafia

Firstly, Merry Xmas to everybody that reads this!!! :D

Now for the game itself, Intro post, roster and RD's are all in this 1st post - if you still have any questions, then please use the other thread this is for game conversations only with Host Post's and lynchings etc..

Jedi + Companions (no BTSC) Win by killing the Imperial forces and both Independents:

Princess Leia - Once every night Leia can kill 1 person of her choice. If Leia targets a pilot the kill chance is reduced to 50%.

Chewbacca (BTSC with Han Solo) (Pilot) - Can kill one person of their choosing any night provided Han Solo is not using his saving ability.

Han Solo (BTSC with Chewbacca)(Pilot) -Can save one person of their choosing any night provided Chewbacca is not using his saving ability

R2D2 - Can manipulate one person any night but not twice in a row. This manipulation causes the target to switch to a random choice (other than R2D2). If he targets a pilot, there is a 50% chance that R2D2 can hack into the fighter plane’s systems causing the plane to crash, hence killing the pilot.

C3PO - Can investigate one person any night but not twice in a row finding out the role of that person.

X-Wing Pilot (Pilot) can target one player each night for either a kill or a save, but not both. If target is not a pilot they must RID for a successful kill.

Yoda – Cannot die Night 1. Yoda can use the force once every night. Yoda has the choice to either;

1. Find out team of a player of his choice (Imperial, Independent, Rebel/Jedi)

2. Find out the role of a random player selected by the host

3. Stop a player of his choice acting.

4. RID Luke Skywalker and make him a Jedi whilst also gaining BTSC with him. When this ability becomes useless (Luke has been RID’d or has died), the RID ability can be used to recruit pilots.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Knows who Luke is. Can investigate 1 person every night finding out the role of that player

The Imperials (have BTSC, 1 group kill and 1 RID every night. Can sacrifice DV’s, EP’s or GMT’s ability to gain an extra RID once every night):

The Imperials have BTSC, 1 group kill and 1 RID recruit every night. Win by killing every Jedi and both Independents. If a successful recruit, the target, except for Luke Skywalker, will lose their ability and becomes a TIE Fighter Pilot and will also gain BTSC with the Imperials. Can only recruit two (2) players including Luke Skywalker):

Darth Vader (Pilot) - Every night can kill 1 person with a 100% success rate. If he tries to attack Luke Skywalker, the success rate is reduced to 25%. Everyday he can attempt an RID on Luke Skywalker converting him to the dark side. Cannot die on Night 1

Emperor Palpatine - Can manipulate 1 person every night. The manipulation gives the Emperor the ability to use that characters role, learn that initial target, and the option to either target the same character or to target another character. In the night post, the manipulated will still be shown as the attacker, not the Emperor.

The Emperor can also attempt to RID kill one player every other night starting with night one.

Grand Moff Tarkin - The head of the Death Star. Every night can hide someone in his ship. That player is unable to be RID’d or killed for that night + the next day.

TIE Fighter Pilot (Pilot) - Can target one player each night for either a kill or a save, but not both. If target is not a pilot they must RID to successfully kill.

Independents:

Boba Fett (pilot) - Wins by killing every pilot in the game. Every night can either investigate or kill 1 person of his choice. Every day but not twice in a row can change 1 players vote to a character of his choice.

Jabba the Hut - Wins by PMing, the roles of Han Solo, Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin to the host. Every night, can capture 1 player. Jabba may then PM 1 yes or no question to the host who will the forward it to that player. The reply must be true otherwise death will occur.

Pilots

there will be several “pilots” in the game. The pilots are independent characters with the ability to save 1 person every night. If a pilots has been RID’d by the Jedi they become X-wing pilot whereas if the Imperial forces RID a pilot, the RID’d player become a Tie Fighter Pilot.

Pilot Roles:

excluding Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca, pilots can only kill other pilots, unless they RID the target. If a pilot-to-pilot attack occurs without RID, there is a 50% chance the target will escape. However, the second time the attack occurs, the target will crash and die.

Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker (pilot) – Cannot die night 1. Can save 1 person every night except himself. Luke cannot be killed by the Emperor and has 50% chance of being saved if a killing role targets him so long as Darth Vader is alive. If Yoda RIDs him he becomes a Jedi and stays on the rebel side. If Darth Vader RIDs him he joins the dark side and gains BTSC with the Imperials. If he becomes a Jedi he keeps his saving role but can kill the Imperials with an RID. Luke gains BTSC with Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Yoda if a Jedi. If RID’d Imperial, he loses his saving action and gains a killing action in which he can kill one person each night. Once Luke has been recruited by either side, he cannot then be re-recruited by the other side.

Omnipresent God: Reaymond

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

8. Skywalker

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person

13. Riranor

14.Neptune

15. andromeda

16. Dr Destructo

17. Panther

18. Impervious

Reserves:

19. GC

20. Twin Pop

21. LIS

22. Awesomely-Awesome Person

[spoiler=Intro Post... (a must for Star Wars fans :P)]post-10793-1230207202.jpg

Edited by reaymond

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DrDestructo isn't responding to my PM's and as Night 1 has technically ended (you've all had a week so I thought thats enough time + I want time to write the Night post). This has given Grey Cells the chance to replace DrDestructo. Your inbox is full GC so I can't PM you your role allowing you to PM me your night action. Send me a PM with whether you want to play or not ;)

Twip_Pop has replaced DrDestructo due to inactivity. Night 1 has now finished and I will be writing the post as soon as I have posted this. I might put it up today so you guys have a bit more time for Day 1 lynching.

Yippee! Lynch, lynch, lynch, lynch...

I'm excited because this is my first mafia! :D

Oh... I've changed my sleeping habit so... I go to bed around 20:00 PM Central European (+1 GTM) and I wake up at 2:00 AM.

I'm about 6 hours from NY and 9 from LA I think... wait let me check... yep! :)

So if I'm inactive I'm probably sleeping or doing something less important than this is :P

nice intro!! :) LET"S GO!!! *pulls out a hot pink light saber* Jedi time!! :)

Thats a new color :P personally i got to go with forest green... or aqua... or dark orange... or blood red... or i can stop saying or......... sorry little silly right now

Lets get this started soon

Edited by Riranor

Erm...everyone, please excuse my cluelessness about Star Wars in general...otherwise, hooray for another mafia game! :D Oh...and I want a white glowing sword ;) *Waits patiently for night post*

<(^-^)>

Night 1 – The ever expanding Imperials

In the central chamber of the most powerful ship in the universe, the Death Star, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin could be seen having a heated discussion. Grand Moff Tarkin jumped to his feet and shouted something inaudible to Darth Vader, causing the masked body to rise as well. “Enough” whispered the Emperor is a cold voice, whilst shooting a bolt of red lightning out of his fingers at Tarkin. The head of the Death Star instantly retreated, and his words were lost in his throat unable to come out.

post-10793-1230832673.jpg

“Tonight, it shall be you Tarkin! You have done little to prove your worth to me, but if you succeed tonight, then I may favour you in the future” stated the Emperor, again in a whisper but a little louder this time and with more authority.

“I understand master, but who shall die tonight?” replied Grand Moff Tarkin, his words seeping up his throat, struggling to string the sentence together. “Hmm...” pondered Emperor “you shall kill... Impervious!”

A small whisper uttered the name from his mouth, causing a sharp inhale from both Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin. They both knew that this was an extremely ambitious move, even for the Emperor’s standards...

“Strike fast and hard my friend for he is a worthy opponent and from what I hear not much will stop him...”

“Yes Master. I understand Master” replied Tarkin as he left the room, anxious of what lay ahead of him in the Night to come,

“For you Darth Vader. I understand you have matters of your own to attend to?”

“If I may master, do you not have anything for me though?” inquired Vader

“Not now my Padawan, I shall attend to other matters myself” replied the emperor, allowing a wry smile to form on his face

“Thank you master, I shall not disappoint you” concluding the conversation. The 2 remaining Imperial’s left their meeting and both went their separate ways.

The actions of Night 1 began with the hero of Princess Leia. She had been watching her target closely for the last few days, and had learnt exactly what he would be doing when the Princess would strike. She followed Impervious from his hidden bedroom all the way down the main corridor, leading to the hangar bay. She waited at the end of the corridor, knowing that he would return from the inside of his plane to perform pre-flight checks...

Leia_Organa_ANH.jpg

Meanwhile Emperor Palpatine had taken it upon himself to fulfil their group RID. He summoned 5 of his best stormtroopers, and they had hunted the pilot down to bring him in front of the Emperor. The pilot was tied to his chair, unable to escape from the emperor’s wrath.

“I have taken note of you flying skills, and was suitably impressed. We need some more pilots with your quality in our force.”

“Never. I would never turn against the Jedi and joins the dark side.”

“We shall see about that. You will join us or die.”

At this point, red sparks shot out of the emperor’s fingers, torturing his new pilot until the verge of death.

“OK, OK, STOP! PLEASE STOP!!! I shall join you emperor. STOP!”

And it was so. The Imperials had a new pilot.

Grand Moff Tarkin had taken a fleet of Tie-Fighters to greet his target. The fleet was just locking into the ship, with the pilot inside, when a glimpse of movement in the corner of the hangar bay disrupted them. tiefighters_blue_fleet.jpg

Princess Leia could see the fighter ships, and when they didn’t fire, knew there was something wrong. She ran back into the corridor where she was safe unless the ships landed. Back in control of the Tie-Fighters, Grand Moff Tarkin ordered the fleet to circle around once more and then strike the X-Wing for the final blow. The fleet was about to launch when a cloud of smoke erupted from the engine at the back of the X-Wing, causing the Tie-Fighters to miss again. R2D2 had chosen Impervious as his target for that night too, and due to R2’s natural environment being around planes and other mechanical objects, the machine instantly corrupted the X-Wing’s systems, causing it to crash next time it tried to fly, killing its pilot – Impervious. Princess Leia was also confused , by this cloud of smoke, and whilst she was blind, Impervious – who had been wearing his mask to fix some welding of the opposite side of the plane – crept straight past her with nobody noticing. Impervious returned to the safety of his bedroom, leaving Grand Moff Tarkin and Princess Leia bewildered.

“Wow, I guess I really am the obvious Night 1 target...”

Night 1 – The ever expanding Imperials

In the central chamber of the most powerful ship in the universe, the Death Star, Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin could be seen having a heated discussion. Grand Moff Tarkin jumped to his feet and shouted something inaudible to Darth Vader, causing the masked body to rise as well. “Enough” whispered the Emperor is a cold voice, whilst shooting a bolt of red lightning out of his fingers at Tarkin. The head of the Death Star instantly retreated, and his words were lost in his throat unable to come out.

post-10793-1230832673.jpg

“Tonight, it shall be you Tarkin! You have done little to prove your worth to me, but if you succeed tonight, then I may favour you in the future” stated the Emperor, again in a whisper but a little louder this time and with more authority.

“I understand master, but who shall die tonight?” replied Grand Moff Tarkin, his words seeping up his throat, struggling to string the sentence together. “Hmm...” pondered Emperor “you shall kill... Impervious!”

A small whisper uttered the name from his mouth, causing a sharp inhale from both Darth Vader and Grand Moff Tarkin. They both knew that this was an extremely ambitious move, even for the Emperor’s standards...

“Strike fast and hard my friend for he is a worthy opponent and from what I hear not much will stop him...”

“Yes Master. I understand Master” replied Tarkin as he left the room, anxious of what lay ahead of him in the Night to come,

“For you Darth Vader. I understand you have matters of your own to attend to?”

“If I may master, do you not have anything for me though?” inquired Vader

“Not now my Padawan, I shall attend to other matters myself” replied the emperor, allowing a wry smile to form on his face

“Thank you master, I shall not disappoint you” concluding the conversation. The 2 remaining Imperial’s left their meeting and both went their separate ways.

The actions of Night 1 began with the hero of Princess Leia. She had been watching her target closely for the last few days, and had learnt exactly what he would be doing when the Princess would strike. She followed Impervious from his hidden bedroom all the way down the main corridor, leading to the hangar bay. She waited at the end of the corridor, knowing that he would return from the inside of his plane to perform pre-flight checks...

Leia_Organa_ANH.jpg

Meanwhile Emperor Palpatine had taken it upon himself to fulfil their group RID. He summoned 5 of his best stormtroopers, and they had hunted the pilot down to bring him in front of the Emperor. The pilot was tied to his chair, unable to escape from the emperor’s wrath.

“I have taken note of you flying skills, and was suitably impressed. We need some more pilots with your quality in our force.”

“Never. I would never turn against the Jedi and joins the dark side.”

“We shall see about that. You will join us or die.”

At this point, red sparks shot out of the emperor’s fingers, torturing his new pilot until the verge of death.

“OK, OK, STOP! PLEASE STOP!!! I shall join you emperor. STOP!”

And it was so. The Imperials had a new pilot.

Grand Moff Tarkin had taken a fleet of Tie-Fighters to greet his target. The fleet was just locking into the ship, with the pilot inside, when a glimpse of movement in the corner of the hangar bay disrupted them. tiefighters_blue_fleet.jpg

Princess Leia could see the fighter ships, and when they didn’t fire, knew there was something wrong. She ran back into the corridor where she was safe unless the ships landed. Back in control of the Tie-Fighters, Grand Moff Tarkin ordered the fleet to circle around once more and then strike the X-Wing for the final blow. The fleet was about to launch when a cloud of smoke erupted from the engine at the back of the X-Wing, causing the Tie-Fighters to miss again. R2D2 had chosen Impervious as his target for that night too, and due to R2’s natural environment being around planes and other mechanical objects, the machine instantly corrupted the X-Wing’s systems, causing it to crash next time it tried to fly, killing its pilot – Impervious. Princess Leia was also confused , by this cloud of smoke, and whilst she was blind, Impervious – who had been wearing his mask to fix some welding of the opposite side of the plane – crept straight past her with nobody noticing. Impervious returned to the safety of his bedroom, leaving Grand Moff Tarkin and Princess Leia bewildered.

HAHAHAHAHA! Yes! I survived night one :) Proof I'm not a baddie as well :) 2 kill attempts against me in one night...geeze lol

R2D2 had chosen Impervious as his target for that night too, and due to R2’s natural environment being around planes and other mechanical objects, the machine instantly corrupted the X-Wing’s systems, causing it to crash next time it tried to fly, killing its pilot – Impervious. Princess Leia was also confused , by this cloud of smoke, and whilst she was blind, Impervious – who had been wearing his mask to fix some welding of the opposite side of the plane – crept straight past her with nobody noticing. Impervious returned to the safety of his bedroom, leaving Grand Moff Tarkin and Princess Leia bewildered.

I don't get it?? Is Impervious alive or dead?? :huh:

He's alive. R2D2 saved him last night, or something.

I've just read the roles... and R2D2 has 50% chance of being successful. So... Impervious was lucky, or someone protected him, or he was impervious?? :huh:

Reaymond, what do you mean by 50% chance? Do you roll a dice or what?? :D

I was looking for what RID means in the Unreality's rules for newbies but I didn't find it. I just had a quick glance.

So RID? :)

Basically it mean's Role / Identification: Here's what it says about it for the rolekiller from UR's guide:

* rolekiller [idkiller, Role + Identity [RID] Killer] {Pirate Alchemist, Crusader} - this is sometimes a faction ability for baddies, but usually the ability of a specific baddie. The baddie is required to PM the combination of a role and the name of the player that has the role, and the player will be killed (usually disregarding saving roles and the like). So an identity is necessary, the rolekiller cannot just kill anyone. This is used as an outing-control by hosts sometimes, and in Itachi's ABR, the rolekilling ability was given to random people. If the rolekiller PMs in a wrong match, usually there are consequences, thus preventing them from wild guessing (even though there is usually a 1-per-day or 1-per-night limit)

although in this situation it's not being used for a kill it's being used as a recruiting method.

Edit: Clarification

Edited by Prince_Marth85

My interpretation of first night:

1. Baddies targeted Impervious to kill. (Unsuccessful)

2. Baddies targeted random player to RID. (Successful). One independent pilot now baddie.

3. Darth Vader did not kill anyone and instead tried to RID Luke. (Unsuccessful)

4. Emperor Palatine used his manipulate on either Leia or R2D2.

5. R2D2 targeted Impervious and found he was a pilot and sabotaged his plane but did not kill him.

6. Leia targeted Impervious. (Unsuccessful)

7. Impervious is a pilot who saved himself or could not die night 1.

Players

Omnipresent God: Reaymond

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

8. Skywalker

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person

13. Riranor

14.Neptune

15. andromeda

16. Twin Pop

17. Panther

18. Impervious

Roles

Goodies

1. Princess Leia

2. Chewbacca (pilot)

3. Han Solo (pilot)

4. R2D2

5. C3PO

6. Yoda

7. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Baddies

8. Darth Vader (pilot)

9. Emperor Palpatine

10. Grand Moff Tarkin

11. TIE Fighter Pilot (pilot)

Independents

12. Boba Fett (pilot)

13. Jabba the Hut

14. Luke Sykwalker (pilot)

15. Independent Pilot (pilot)

16. Independent Pilot (pilot)

17. Independent Pilot (pilot)

18. Independent Pilot (pilot)

Thanks Twin Pop! :D

So... when do we start to vote to lynch?

I don't wanna be the first one since I'm new to the game :)

We can start now, but people are probably asleep or still analyzing like myself.

just a thought - but no action (voting) and this was posted very early ???

This may have a slow start by the looks of it.

NOTE to host - If a stand in required I travel all day and evening tomorrow - after that I am free - but I assume you had all the return confirmation of roles... Godd luck all (especially Jabba -that's a hard Win Con)

BTW - does boba Fett have to kill ALL the pilots or mearly survive (a pilot could be killed by another killing role or lynch . Then BF has no win condition - what happens?)

I don't get it?? Is Impervious alive or dead?? :huh:

Impervious is alive, the "kill" by R2D2 only succeeded if the plane took off, but instead Impervious went and hid. The kill only has a 50% success rate so obviously the kill failed (unless someone saved Impervious)

just a thought - but no action (voting) and this was posted very early ???

This may have a slow start by the looks of it.

NOTE to host - If a stand in required I travel all day and evening tomorrow - after that I am free - but I assume you had all the return confirmation of roles... Godd luck all (especially Jabba -that's a hard Win Con)

BTW - does boba Fett have to kill ALL the pilots or mearly survive (a pilot could be killed by another killing role or lynch . Then BF has no win condition - what happens?)

1. Lynching starts whenever one of you guys votes ;)

2. I got all confirmations LIS, but thanks for updating me on your activity incase I do need you

3. Boba Fett has to be alive when all the pilots are dead. It doesn't matter who killed them, but if all pilots have died the Boba wins. the "Pilots" is not the 5 role pilots but infact every pilot in the game - Darth Vader, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker etc...

I've just read the roles... and R2D2 has 50% chance of being successful. So... Impervious was lucky, or someone protected him, or he was impervious?? :huh:

Reaymond, what do you mean by 50% chance? Do you roll a dice or what?? :D

I was looking for what RID means in the Unreality's rules for newbies but I didn't find it. I just had a quick glance.

1. R2D2 has a 50% chance of killing a pilot if he targets one.

2. Yes it was Impervious :P

3. 50% chance - I flipped a coin. Heads is a kill, tails is a fail

4. RID - Prince Marth gave you the description below. If it is an RID kill then the killer must provide the players role for a 100% success rate. for an RID recruit they must provide the role to recruit that player.

Edited by reaymond

Well, it's my second mafia game, but I still think there is not much to do other than random voting for now...

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

8. Skywalker - voting for Silverheart

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person

13. Riranor

14.Neptune

15. andromeda

16. Twin Pop

17. Panther

18. Impervious

Well, it's my second FIRST mafia game, but I TOO still think there is not much to do other than random voting for now...

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person

13. Riranor

14.Neptune

15. andromeda - Limeliam actually it's for mister anonymous (I don't like the feeling of being watched and not knowing by whom) <ahttp://brainden.com/forum/uploads/emoticons/default_unsure.png' alt=':unsure:'> - Prince Marth (suspicious)

16. Twin Pop

17. Panther

18. Impervious

Edited by andromeda

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger - voting for dms

6. Peace

7. Izzy

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person

13. Riranor

14.Neptune

15. andromeda - voting for Prince Marth

16. Twin Pop

17. Panther

18. Impervious

That's what you get for being first on the roster ;)

Reay, some questions: (yes, I am fully aware that there is a question thread, but it really is too much effort *angel face* )

1) I'm guessing Impervious got saved, since although R2D2 and Leia have only a 50% chance of killing a pilot, a group kill is definitely certain to happen. So, I'm also guessing that in the future, saves will not be mentioned, but it will only say that "so and so" lived (and not say who saved the victim)?

2) Are there any X-wing and Tie Fighter pilots at the very beginning?

3) For the Jedis, is Yoda the only way they can recruit somebody?

4) Concerning Leia: does she HAVE to kill every night?

edit: and reay, if it's not too much trouble, can you also include a copy of the roster at the end of each night and day post? That way, it's easier to tell who lived and who died ;)

Edited by star_tiger

Reay, some questions: (yes, I am fully aware that there is a question thread, but it really is too much effort *angel face* )

1) I'm guessing Impervious got saved, since although R2D2 and Leia have only a 50% chance of killing a pilot, a group kill is definitely certain to happen. So, I'm also guessing that in the future, saves will not be mentioned, but it will only say that "so and so" lived (and not say who saved the victim)?

2) Are there any X-wing and Tie Fighter pilots at the very beginning?

3) For the Jedis, is Yoda the only way they can recruit somebody?

4) Concerning Leia: does she HAVE to kill every night?

edit: and reay, if it's not too much trouble, can you also include a copy of the roster at the end of each night and day post? That way, it's easier to tell who lived and who died ;)

1) if saves occurr they will not be mentioned. I will reveal why at the end but if I wrote about them it could have completely screwed the game up. (Ironically, it would have happened last night)

2) No X-Wing + Tie Fighter pilots at the start, just ones that have been recruited

3) Yes only Yoda can RID somebody

4) Leia has to kill. If I do not get a PM in from anybody then I will randomly choose a target for them

Kat mentioned the roster but I couldn't be bothered to come back online to edit the post... nobody died so it doesn't make a difference :P I will from now on though ;)

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger - voting for dms

6. Peace

7. Izzy

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person-voting for Neptune