BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

This is due to start around 2nd January (I know I keep moving it back, but the earlier it is, the more time I have to host before I got back to school). Role Descriptions are below and PM's will be going out soon. Feel free to send your night actions in anytime, The sooner the better so I can get the night post written. Intro will be coming soon, don't worry :P

Jedi + Companions (no BTSC) Win by killing the Imperial forces and both Independents:

Princess Leia - Once every night Leia can kill 1 person of her choice. If Leia targets a pilot the kill chance is reduced to 50%.

Chewbacca (BTSC with Han Solo) (Pilot) - Can kill one person of their choosing any night provided Han Solo is not using his saving ability.

Han Solo (BTSC with Chewbacca)(Pilot) -Can save one person of their choosing any night provided Chewbacca is not using his saving ability

R2D2 - Can manipulate one person any night but not twice in a row. This manipulation causes the target to switch to a random choice (other than R2D2). If he targets a pilot, there is a 50% chance that R2D2 can hack into the fighter plane’s systems causing the plane to crash, hence killing the pilot.

C3PO - Can investigate one person any night but not twice in a row finding out the role of that person.

X-Wing Pilot (Pilot) can target one player each night for either a kill or a save, but not both. If target is not a pilot they must RID for a successful kill.

Yoda – Cannot die Night 1. Yoda can use the force once every night. Yoda has the choice to either;

1. Find out team of a player of his choice (Imperial, Independent, Rebel/Jedi)

2. Find out the role of a random player selected by the host

3. Stop a player of his choice acting.

4. RID Luke Skywalker and make him a Jedi whilst also gaining BTSC with him.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Knows who Luke is. Can investigate 1 person every night finding out the role of that player

The Imperials (have BTSC, 1 group kill and 1 RID every night. Can sacrifice DV’s, EP’s or GMT’s ability to gain an extra RID once every night):

The Imperials have BTSC, 1 RID recruit every night. Win by killing every Jedi and both Independents. If a successful recruit, the target, except for Luke Skywalker, will lose their ability and becomes a TIE Fighter Pilot and will also gain BTSC with the Imperials. Can only recruit two (2) players including Luke Skywalker):

Darth Vader (Pilot) - Every night can kill 1 person with a 100% success rate. If he tries to attack Luke Skywalker, the success rate is reduced to 25%. Everyday he can attempt an RID on Luke Skywalker converting him to the dark side. Cannot die on Night 1

Emperor Palpatine - Can manipulate 1 person every night. The manipulation gives the Emperor the ability to use that characters role, learn that initial target, and the option to either target the same character or to target another character. In the night post, the manipulated will still be shown as the attacker, not the Emperor.

The Emperor can also attempt to RID kill one player every other night starting with night one.

Grand Moff Tarkin - The head of the Death Star. Every night can hide someone in his ship. That player is unable to be RID’d or killed for that night + the next day.

TIE Fighter Pilot (Pilot) - Can target one player each night for either a kill or a save, but not both. If target is not a pilot they must RID to successfully kill.

Independents:

Boba Fett (pilot) - Wins by killing every pilot in the game. Every night can either investigate or kill 1 person of his choice. Every day but not twice in a row can change 1 players vote to a character of his choice.

Jabba the Hut - Wins by PMing, the roles of Han Solo, Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin to the host. Every night, can capture 1 player. Jabba may then PM 1 yes or no question to the host who will the forward it to that player. The reply must be true otherwise death will occur.

Pilots

there will be several “pilots” in the game. The pilots are independent characters with the ability to save 1 person every night. If a pilots has been RID’d by the Jedi they become X-wing pilot whereas if the Imperial forces RID a pilot, the RID’d player become a Tie Fighter Pilot.

Pilot Roles:

excluding Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca, pilots can only kill other pilots, unless they RID the target. If a pilot-to-pilot attack occurs without RID, there is a 50% chance the target will escape. However, the second time the attack occurs, the target will crash and die.

Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker (pilot) – Cannot die night 1. Can save 1 person every night except himself. Luke cannot be killed by the Emperor and has 50% chance of being saved if a killing role targets him so long as Darth Vader is alive. If Yoda RIDs him he becomes a Jedi and stays on the rebel side. If Darth Vader RIDs him he joins the dark side and gains BTSC with the Imperials. If he becomes a Jedi he keeps his saving role but can kill the Imperials with an RID. Luke gains BTSC with Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Yoda if a Jedi. If RID’d Imperial, he loses his saving action and gains a killing action in which he can kill one person each night. Once Luke has been recruited by either side, he cannot then be re-recruited by the other side.

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Host: Reaymond

1. DMS

2. Prince Marth

3. Silverheart

4. SomeGuy

5. Star Tiger

6. Peace

7. Izzy

8. Skywalker

9. Kat

10. Limeliam

11. Twin_Bro

12.A. Person

13. Riranor

14.Neptune

15. andromeda

16. Dr Destructo

17. Panther

18. Impervious - Invincible the first night

Reserves:

19. GC

20. Twin Pop

21. LIS

Dude, is he really?

No that was just a joke added by LIS when i forgot to add him to the roster becuase I was too busy reading through his version's of the roles he developed :P

Impevious described it above but to clarify to people, NIGHT 1 STARTS NOW!!! :D :D :D and doesn't end until the 2nd January (I moved it back because people will be back by then having all of XMas for night 1 + its day 1 lynching which takes its time) Have fun people!

Okay, got it :D Kat, you're not the only one who has to wiki everyone... ;) I'm starting to become tempted to watch all 6 movies, but I fell asleep in the middle of the first one :lol:

Reaymond and I only based the characters off episode 4-6 so you needn't watch the other 3. Well unless he and I decide to collaborate on another SWM for 1-3. Anyway, no Izzy i'm not invincible the first night. As reay said it was a joke, one that originated between me and LIS especially after my night one death in Classic Mafia...

2 things:

(1) I thought this was supposed to begin on January 4th!! Its ok, except i get home LATE from Florida on January 2nd. So, i will be inactive for a day!! sorry!!

(2) What the heck does RID mean!?!?!

1. Night 1 has begun... but it doesn't end until 2nd January... I'll give you time to get your day vote for the lynching don't worry ;)

2. RID - Yoda and Darth Vader recruit Luke skywalker. They can only recruit him by providing PMing me and saying "??? is Luke Skywalker and I would like to recruit him" if they provide the right player then Luke joins the baddies/goodies. The same applies for recruiting the pilots. The other role identifying in the game occurrs when a pilot kills aonther pilot, and when Luke Skywalker joins the goodies and can kill the baddies with an RID. Same as before, if they provide the correct role of their target then they die. :)

Is that ok or do you want a better explaination of this? :P

1. Night 1 has begun... but it doesn't end until 2nd January... I'll give you time to get your day vote for the lynching don't worry ;)

2. RID - Yoda and Darth Vader recruit Luke skywalker. They can only recruit him by providing PMing me and saying "??? is Luke Skywalker and I would like to recruit him" if they provide the right player then Luke joins the baddies/goodies. The same applies for recruiting the pilots. The other role identifying in the game occurrs when a pilot kills aonther pilot, and when Luke Skywalker joins the goodies and can kill the baddies with an RID. Same as before, if they provide the correct role of their target then they die. :)

Can day one end around the 4th or so. i leave to go to Las Vegas on the 2nd and come home the 4th.

ohhhh........

one more question... ;)

-> So if they target the wrong person, the 'Wrong person' Get's killed??

Acually - 2 questions...

=> And if Darth Vader attacks Luke, he only gets 25% chance of getting his next kill? ATTACK LUKE!!!!!!

ohhhh........

one more question... ;)

Acually - 2 questions...

=> And if Darth Vader attacks Luke, he only gets 25% chance of getting his next kill? ATTACK LUKE!!!!!!

answer 1) No. if the RID is incorrect nothing happens

answer 2) if darth Vader attacks Luke he only has a 25% chance of a successful kill against Luke.

Can day one end around the 4th or so. i leave to go to Las Vegas on the 2nd and come home the 4th.

This would also be preferred for me. I'm going to New York for a Broadway show.

OK, so if Night 1 ends on the 3rd, then I can post Night post and start Day 1 sometime late 3rd/early 4th... Its day 1 lynching so your going to take your time to make sure you guys get a goodie :P

ohhhh........

one more question... ;)

Acually - 2 questions...

1. depends... pilots have a 50% kill chance, but when a correct role is given it is increased to 100% so their target could die anyway

2. if Darth Vader attacks Luke, DV has a 25% chance of killing Luke... it doesn't change the chances of his next target ;)

edit: Impervious, I quoted the pilots from YOUR rules :P

Pilot Roles:

excluding Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca, pilots can only kill other pilots, unless they RID the target. If a pilot-to-pilot attack occurs without RID, there is a 50% chance the target will escape. However, the second time the attack occurs, the target will crash and die.

Edited by reaymond

OK, so if Night 1 ends on the 3rd, then I can post Night post and start Day 1 sometime late 3rd/early 4th... Its day 1 lynching so your going to take your time to make sure you guys get a goodie :P

1. depends... pilots have a 50% kill chance, but when a correct role is given it is increased to 100% so their target could die anyway

2. if Darth Vader attacks Luke, DV has a 25% chance of killing Luke... it doesn't change the chances of his next target ;)

edit: Impervious, I quoted the pilots from YOUR rules :P

I thought she was talking about RID kills in general :P

This would also be preferred for me. I'm going to New York for a Broadway show.

I'm fine with it ending on the 2nd (just do everything right now you guys!!), but then can night 1 end on the 4th!?! or, for your buddy Impervious, on the 5th.

IS that ok?

pff...I'm not confused at all :P

OK:

1) Does night 1 end at Jan 3?

2) So, if the pilot targets another pilot, he then knows that the target is a pilot (after reay's reply that the target is a pilot), and that he has to RID to kill him?

OK:

2) So, if the pilot targets another pilot, he then knows that the target is a pilot (after reay's reply that the target is a pilot), and that he has to RID to kill him?

answer 2) If a pilot targets another pilot without and RID the attack will still take place unless that 50% chance in in favor of the other pilot escaping. The only way a pilot will know the identity of another pilot would be if they RID'd the pilot before hand. IF a pilot attacks a non-pilot it would be written as if they escaped without revealing whether or not the target is a pilot as well.

reay - correct me if i'm wrong.

OK:

1) I've talked with Impervious on MSN... Night 1 ends on the 2nd of January 2009. Day 1 then ends 4th-5thJanuary (depending on how long it takes for you guys/girls to decide which goodie to lynch)

2) if a pilot chooses to kill someone, then they must provide a role with their PM. If there is not a role then I will send a PM back asking for RID for that player whether s/he needs one or not. That way nobody gains an advantage from an incorrect RID :)/ if the target is not a pilot then what impervious said :P

Edited by reaymond

this thread is now changed to Pre-game questions... we've filled up 5 pages without even starting yet :P

A new GAME ONLY thread... with intro post + rules + roles will be available soon when play starts

1) I've talked with Impervious on MSN... Night 1 ends on the 2nd of January 2009. Day 1 then ends 4th-5thJanuary (depending on how long it takes for you guys/girls to decide which goodie to lynch)

2) if a pilot chooses to kill someone, then they must provide a role with their PM. If there is not a role then I will send a PM back asking for RID for that player whether s/he needs one or not. That way nobody gains an advantage from an incorrect RID :)/ if the target is not a pilot then what impervious said :P

Wait...isn't providing the role and name pretty much RID?

And another thing...what do you mean by which goodie to lynch? *glares daggers at reay*

Wait...isn't providing the role and name pretty much RID?

And another thing...what do you mean by which goodie to lynch? *glares daggers at reay*

1. yes providing the role and name is an RID :P

2. is it not mafia rules that any ody who votes for a baddie in day 1 lynching dies? :P

1. yes providing the role and name is an RID :P

2. is it not mafia rules that any ody who votes for a baddie in day 1 lynching dies? :P

1. every pilot who is attacking MUST provide an RID. excluding those who are listed in the pilot description. (DV LS and Chewbacca)

2. excpet for Heroes 1.1 i was lynched and a baddie :-P

Question - when do we suppose to PM our mmm... action?

That's how it works, right? For the night we PM action, and over day time we vote to lynch? :)

I read James Bond Mafia so I kinda get that conclusion...

You're so smart :P And I mean that lovingly.

And send it in when you figure out who you want to target (saving, killing or investigate, oh or nothing) the sooner the better. Reay's writing the posts and I'm designing them.

You'll all see what I mean once the actual game thread is made.

Question - when do we suppose to PM our mmm... action?

That's how it works, right? For the night we PM action, and over day time we vote to lynch? :)

I read James Bond Mafia so I kinda get that conclusion...

Yeah PM action for nights. Day time we lynch someone ;)

PM your action anytime you want - im collecting them now :)

Yeah sometime around the 2nd January when Night 1 ends :) The current set of moves... looks... interesting :D

Interesting? Why do I have a feeling a lot of people are going to die? ;)

Ok, so night ends on 2nd January, day ends on 4th January, and then it's the usual 24-hour cycle?