BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

Agents Andromeda and FitzKaos were on their way to meet a man that had some valuable information stored on a microchip. The rendezvous place was at that person’s apartment.

The door to his apartment was unlocked. When they got in, even though the place was in dark, it was evident that somebody got to the man before they managed to. The apartment was thoroughly searched and the man was lying dead on the ground on his back.

“What now?” Andromeda was worried. “Do you think he’d given them the chip?”

“No idea...” Fitz was reserved in making assumptions. “Let’s just look around before we call it in.”

“Look where? I don’t even know where to start?!” Andromeda was annoyed.

“Well let’s start here” said Fitz as he picked up a paper off the floor.

“This is not the right time to solve crossword puzzles” said Andromeda while Fitz was still looking at the paper ignoring his partner.

n1348292115_175563_5820.jpg

“Look!” Fitz pointed at the paper with his flashlight.

“Well... the good news is, the chip is still here! The bad news is one of us has to get it?! So... paper, scissors, rock?” Andromeda asked with a grin.

“I don’t think so” Fitz smiled, “I solved the puzzle you get the chip!”

Where is the chip? :D

No... you don't need to solve the entire crossword puzzle, in fact you don't need to add a single letter to the puzzle

;)

• Answers 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah... now you get the microchip! :lol:

I will post the elaborate explanation to this 15 second riddle! Now tell me, if you are holding the paper how much time do you need for that! :D

The funny thing is, I thought about doing something like that around page 5, but you didn't seem to warm up to the suggestion. It wasn't until you said someone had already mentioned the solution but hadn't actually tried it that I gave it a whirl.

So, there I was, feverishly writing the whole thing out the hard way, expecting someone else to get it first, and there YOU were giving out more and more hints!!!

I think Woon was on to the same solution, but you misunderstood him. Ah, the language barrier!

Can't wait for the prose. ;)

n1348292115_177990_9937.jpg

1 - letters L, F, P, G, R, Q and J - if you turn these letters around the horizontal or vertical axis they loose their meaning except K and B they can be spin around the horizontal axis and stay K and kinda B and Y that can be spin around the vertical axis and remain Y. But due to people’s handwriting I decided to put them in group number one. So that group stays where it is! Oh and with the exception of the letter T which I needed for the final solution and decided to put at least one of those letters in the first group.

2 - letters X, H, W, O, T, M, I, V, U, A if you spin them around the vertical axis the stay the same and there are no anomalies here! So this part of the paper you fold to the left! Except for the letter Y, people tend you write that letter shaped like y... so when I said write it down I had that in mind!

3 - letters C, D, X, E, O, H, W, I, M can spin around the horizontal axis and stay the same. Except W that turns into M and vice versa. No anomalies here. Except for the missing two letters (K and B - I already decided to put them in group one for the reason already mentioned!) So this part folds up!

4 - letters Z, X, M, H, O, S, N, I, W - when you spin them around the horizontal and vertical axis they stay the same. No anomalies and you fold this part up and left.

:D I was really counting on you writing those letters down on a graph paper WITHOUT the black squares and figuring it out in a jiffy!

Edited by andromeda

The funny thing is, I thought about doing something like that around page 5, but you didn't seem to warm up to the suggestion. It wasn't until you said someone had already mentioned the solution but hadn't actually tried it that I gave it a whirl.

So, there I was, feverishly writing the whole thing out the hard way, expecting someone else to get it first, and there YOU were giving out more and more hints!!!

I think Woon was on to the same solution, but you misunderstood him. Ah, the language barrier!

Can't wait for the prose. ;)

Well when someone asked about folding I didn't want to just say, yes that's what you should do I said something like

"Try it out and you tell me" ;) (wink as if wink wink do it!!!)

I thought it will be done soon... and then things got complicated :rolleyes:

dang i tried folding the paper so many times the papers worn with so make creases!!

but my papers too thick to see through so i couldnt find the words DX

-sigh- i shouldnt have printed it out

Yeah..

that's what I said that I didn't know whether it would work and pen and paper were mentioned.. people are so LAZY

:lol:

Anime, I had the same problem.

I didn't even print it out though.

No good with pen and paper.

I don't have a printer either...

Oh... but you can write! :)

hey prob was just normal paper is tooo thick

i tried the method of the see through but i made too many mistakes of matching the letters with the boxes!!

-.-'''''' i should have used the graph paper.. but w.e.

heh ima gonna show this to my friends XD

this will challenge them ^_^

edit: well... andromeda XD i first used paper and pencil cuz i was using a laptop but my the paper was the same so it was still too thick so then i wondered if it would be better to print it so i tired (still doesn't work)

<_< i dont think i have any more graph paper lol....

Edited by anime13ninja

Anime, I had the same problem.

I didn't even print it out though.

No good with pen and paper.

I don't have a printer either...

Don't worry, you'll all get your turn. Andromeda churns out great puzzles like this all the time, and I'm usually way too far outside the box to see the solutions.

Actually, what often happens is that the regulars grind out a dozen or so pages of frustratingly overcomplicated guesses, and someone new comes along with a fresh perspective and sees the solution right away! I just got lucky this time. ;)

That all being said, WELCOME TO THE DEN all you new persons!! I hope you enjoy the ride. B))

hey prob was just normal paper is tooo thick

i tried the method of the see through but i made too many mistakes of matching the letters with the boxes!!

-.-'''''' i should have used the graph paper.. but w.e.

heh ima gonna show this to my friends XD

this will challenge them ^_^

edit: well... andromeda XD i first used paper and pencil cuz i was using a laptop but my the paper was the same so it was still too thick so then i wondered if it would be better to print it so i tired (still doesn't work)

<_< i dont think i have any more graph paper lol....

What about the flashlight? :)

Don't worry, you'll all get your turn. Andromeda churns out great puzzles like this all the time, and I'm usually way too far outside the box to see the solutions.

Aww... thanks :blush:

Actually, what often happens is that the regulars grind out a dozen or so pages of frustratingly overcomplicated guesses, and someone new comes along with a fresh perspective and sees the solution right away! I just got lucky this time. ;)

That all being said, WELCOME TO THE DEN all you new persons!! I hope you enjoy the ride. B))

I've seen a few of them.

A bit hard for me.

Who knows though?

Thanks for the Welcome(s) Grayven and Andromeda!

You are welcome ;)

thanks gravyven and andromeda

yea i have seen some of her old ones

like.. the bee one... that one i figured out without the answer ^_^

o.o i hope she makes more cuz i really like them

now that gravyven has answer the riddle XD

u have save me from my headache..

its slowing going away now lol

Edited by anime13ninja