BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

Agents Andromeda and FitzKaos were on their way to meet a man that had some valuable information stored on a microchip. The rendezvous place was at that person’s apartment.

The door to his apartment was unlocked. When they got in, even though the place was in dark, it was evident that somebody got to the man before they managed to. The apartment was thoroughly searched and the man was lying dead on the ground on his back.

“What now?” Andromeda was worried. “Do you think he’d given them the chip?”

“No idea...” Fitz was reserved in making assumptions. “Let’s just look around before we call it in.”

“Look where? I don’t even know where to start?!” Andromeda was annoyed.

“Well let’s start here” said Fitz as he picked up a paper off the floor.

“This is not the right time to solve crossword puzzles” said Andromeda while Fitz was still looking at the paper ignoring his partner.

n1348292115_175563_5820.jpg

“Look!” Fitz pointed at the paper with his flashlight.

“Well... the good news is, the chip is still here! The bad news is one of us has to get it?! So... paper, scissors, rock?” Andromeda asked with a grin.

“I don’t think so” Fitz smiled, “I solved the puzzle you get the chip!”

Where is the chip? :D

No... you don't need to solve the entire crossword puzzle, in fact you don't need to add a single letter to the puzzle

;)

• Answers 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i printed the crossword out and i tried folding it but what i don't understand is that u said u need all the letters to explain how to get the chip and where the chip is, is a one word answer.. but some letters like x, w and z aren't common letters used in words so do u use ALL the letters or some @_@

do u have to fold the paper a certain way?

:huh:

i printed the crossword out and i tried folding it but what i don't understand is that u said u need all the letters to explain how to get the chip and where the chip is, is a one word answer.. but some letters like x, w and z aren't common letters used in words so do u use ALL the letters or some @_@

Exactly :D

do u have to fold the paper a certain way?
:huh:

Letters will tell you how! HINT - what happens to x when you turn the paper upside down, and what happens when you do the same with the letter P?

;)

Letters will tell you how! HINT - what happens to x when you turn the paper upside down, and what happens when you do the same with the letter P?

;)

um... nothing happens to the x and the p turns to... o.o d

;)

fold at the line where the letters on the column are simitrical in y-axis?

I have something I'm not really sure will help.

You find the word "win" not sure if than means anything.

And there is an upside-down slightly-tilted F made out of black boxes?

she said the F in the black boxes has nothing to do with the riddle (she said the black boxes aren't important)

Edit: XD there we go

Edited by anime13ninja

um... nothing happens to the x and the p turns to... o.o d

P not p! Sorry if I wrote the small letter (I always forget how you call them) And yes nothing happens to X. Do you see the pattern in the crossword now?

fold at the line where the letters on the column are simitrical in y-axis?

Nope..

I have something I'm not really sure will help.

You find the word "win" not sure if than means anything.

And there is an upside-down slightly-tilted F made out of black boxes?

Black squares are not important! Win is not important..

:)

she said the F in the black boxes has nothing to do with the riddle (she said the black boxes aren't important)

It's cool. Not all the people read all the spoilers, I'll repeat it if necessary ;)

And please use spoilers when revealing the hints :)

Edited by andromeda

P not p! Sorry if I wrote the small letter (I always forget how you call them) And yes nothing happens to X. Do you see the pattern in the crossword now?

hmm? P=> d when turned upside down

._. i think the small letters are called... oh yea lower case!! XD

anyways same with the lowercase p. yea i think i see the pattern

oh yea srry andromeda DX i never get used to clicking the spoilers thing

Well on the crossword are only the capital letters! No lowercase.

;)

I have a feeling that I've confused everyone with this hint!

Since I've already mentioned that you can solve this riddle in 15 sec - just do the simplest thing possible!

I really make these riddles with simplicity in mind. :)

Well on the crossword are only the capital letters! No lowercase.

;)

I have a feeling that I've confused everyone with this hint!

Since I've already mentioned that you can solve this riddle in 15 sec - just do the simplest thing possible!

I really make these riddles with simplicity in mind. :)

[spoiler=trying to think simple while head is hurting lol -_- ]ok since we are turning the paper upside down and talking about the P turning into a d... i put the letters into 2 groups ones that can be turning upside down to form other letters and ones that cant <_< but i still cant read anything

i think im complicating things here... :huh:

I think I may have the problem!

If you turn it upside-down. All the letters that don't change become a sentence! I think... I got the word "IN".

Just a shot in the dark.

I and N are both letters that can be turned upside down

[spoiler=trying to think simple while head is hurting lol -_- ]ok since we are turning the paper upside down and talking about the P turning into a d... i put the letters into 2 groups ones that can be turning upside down to form other letters and ones that cant <_< but i still cant read anything

i think im complicating things here... :huh:

You don't turn the paper upside down to read the answer!!! You turn the paper upside down just to check what I said. My head hurts

:lol: I'm totally out of hints...

I think I may have the problem!

If you turn it upside-down. All the letters that don't change become a sentence! I think... I got the word "IN".

Just a shot in the dark.

No.. check the spoiler above..

and by turning the paper upside down, back and in the mirror you can get how to get the solution... I'm making these hints too complicated because the only simple way of me helping would be giving up the solution...

OK one more massive hint

The letters to the solution will align in one row!!!

I meant something a bit different.

They end up the same upside down.

oh i understand now.. but i tried that but the letters dont make any sense as words

but i think thats too complicated maybe (maybe not sure) cuz she said it takes 15 sec to solve this..

what we know:

1. turning the puzzle upside down

2. some letters turn into different letter/ some stay the same

Edited by anime13ninja

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Fold the grid in half along the x-axis, bringing the bottom up to meet the top half.

Now bring the right side over to meet the the left as you fold it in half again along the y-axis, creating a 10x10 square.

Now, shine a light from the back if the letters don't already jump out at you!

The word I see is "tooth"

Now, I put this all together by laying out the 10x10 grid and mentally flipping each letter until it ended up in the correct space.

I'm sure the method is correct, but the final word could possibly be wrong.

oh i understand now.. but i tried that but the letters dont make any sense as words

but i think thats too complicated maybe (maybe not sure) cuz she said it takes 15 sec to solve this..

what we know:

1. turning the puzzle upside down

2. some letters turn into different letter/ some stay the same

Yeah... and those letters (handwriting letters - that's why I said pen and paper, and you go and print it, people are so lazy nowadays

;)) tell you how to fold the paper! THINK SIMPLE!

15 seconds!

No more hints. I got it figured out, I just don't have graph paper or a printer where I'm at and it's slow going! I promise... maybe. :P

Yeah...

graph will most definitely help

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Fold the grid in half along the x-axis, bringing the bottom up to meet the top half.

Now bring the right side over to meet the the left as you fold it in half again along the y-axis, creating a 10x10 square.

Now, shine a light from the back if the letters don't already jump out at you!

The word I see is "tooth"

Now, I put this all together by laying out the 10x10 grid and mentally flipping each letter until it ended up in the correct space.

I'm sure the method is correct, but the final word could possibly be wrong.

Yeah... now you get the microchip! :lol:

I will post the elaborate explanation to this 15 second riddle! Now tell me, if you are holding the paper how much time do you need for that! :D