BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

A few riddles joke things

Question

plz forgive my spelling

There are 47 birds in a farmers field, the farmer shoots eighteen, how many birds are still in the field?

18, the rest flew away at the noise of the gun and the dead ones cant fly!

There is a hole 3metres by 4metres by 5metres, how much air is in the hole(in volume(metre squared))?

none the hole is under water

you are piloting an areoplane(its very smal) the areoplane goes to athens and everyone gets off, 85 get on, in rome 79 get off 69 get on, in sydney 34 get off two get on and in london 57 get on, what is the name of the pilot?

ITS YOU remember it said "you are piloting an areoplane"

5 answers to this question

those are cute, but I think you forgot to include an important piece of the second riddle, maybe something along the lines of "there's a hole in the bottom of the ocean" or something like that? :huh:

Hi. I agree with carlos on both counts but also....

Can't help but think the answer to #3 could really be "I don't know!".......everyone gets off the plane at Athens - including you! It never says you got back on and continued piloting ^_^

Edited by RocZephyr

no. 1 - if it is the case that all the other birds flew away at the sound of the gun, the farmer would have only managed to shoot the one bird before all the others flew away....the other 17 he supposedly shot would not have therefore been there too.

2. There's ~0.8% dissolved oxygen in water. Adding other "air" in the water would figure to around 0.6 cubic meters of air in the hole. The volume's still zero if you do want the square instead of cubic meters.