BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Izzy

Question

I've noticed we have quite a lot of musicians on here. I was thinking that it'd be really cool if we all recorded somethings and made awesome, somewhat nerdanized, music. Nothing too hard at the beginning, probably just some cover music with awesome lyrics to fit the site. Making some sort of Mafia Theme Song (as Impervious suggested) would pwn all. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 10-or-so track album, with artsy people to do the cover and stuff? It would be insanely cool.

Anyway, I play guitar. If any other guitarists want to sign up, that's totally fine with me. :)

Anyone interested?

Once we have people signed up, I might set up another forum entirely where we can work on it. That way no one can see the final product until we're done. :D

Oh, ohohoh, if anyone knows how to like, man I don't even know what to call it, take recorded clips and combine them together, please let me know! I have no idea how. >_>

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I think we should all agree on a song first. The Mafia Theme Song is first on the list, so think of songs that make you get into a Mafiay mood. *Is really hoping for an awesome Metally guitar part* Think dark, think scary.

I know I've mentioned this song before, a lot, but it fits, has some instrument parts, and no scary metal singing!

Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden

Reay, can we pwetty pwease wiff cherries, sprinkles, and cute kittens on top use your board? :D? I'll throw in all the swimming gear imaginable and a lightsaber. ;)

I meant you could borrow my forum ;)

If you want to use it then sign-up here and I will make a new forum for the BDB :D I finally managed to get in on this without being able to play music/draw/be creative :P

http://reaymondbraindenmafia.atfreeforum.com/forum.html

I've Registered - not Peace*out, but Peace!!! - What should i do now?

I've Registered - not Peace*out, but Peace!!! - What should i do now?

Wait for me to create the board and add whoever needs to be added ;)

Peace*out = Peace

Izzy = Jaws (played Jaws in JBM :P)

Kat = the brainden fox

add you name to the list everyone :D

!!! I just realized we don't have a drummer!!! Does anyone play drums?

This is always my problem when it comes to bands, everyone sings and plays guitar, no one plays drums.. <_<

I know someone who plays drums, she's my friends sister. She's a lot older than me, though... Maybe my friend knows some drumming from her... I could ask?

I know some basic stuff on the drums, but thats all. <_< (my primary 7 teacher plays drums, and he taught me a bit)

Edit - I don't have any drums though...

Edited by Panther

Izzy do you have 2 accounts on there now (Izzy and Jaws)? Do you want me to delete Jaws for you?

Peace, me, Kat and Izzy have permissions for the forum, anybody else that wants to join please post your username on here and I will add you the next time I am online :)

I've thought of a good song - Apache by The Shadows, it sounds Mafiaish!

If anyone wants to listen to it, i'll e mail it to you.

Also, I've got the music for it, so if you want to do something similar, i can send the tab to izzy and we could use bits of it. Best of all, if we use the song, I had to play it at my primary school assembly and I can play the chords easily! I could also pick up the tab quickly if needed!

We would have to just use little bits of the song, if we used it, as i'm not sure if we could fit trumpets into the original song.

One problem, we will have to totally make up some words if we are singing! (a general problem, not just for this song)

*shouts* "Kat! Do you think you could make up words easily that would fit into a mafia style song?"

I've thought of a good song - Apache by The Shadows, it sounds Mafiaish!

If anyone wants to listen to it, i'll e mail it to you.

Also, I've got the music for it, so if you want to do something similar, i can send the tab to izzy and we could use bits of it. Best of all, if we use the song, I had to play it at my primary school assembly and I can play the chords easily! I could also pick up the tab quickly if needed!

We would have to just use little bits of the song, if we used it, as i'm not sure if we could fit trumpets into the original song.

One problem, we will have to totally make up some words if we are singing! (a general problem, not just for this song)

*shouts* "Kat! Do you think you could make up words easily that would fit into a mafia style song?"

Erm...lyrics aren't my thing (I'm more composing), but Silverheart writes lyrics for my songs, I could ask her...

<(^-^)>

Maybe for a Mafia theme tune, we should leave out the words.

After this, we could try copieing other songs and singing our own versions. That would be good, and i've always wanted to play along with other people, but no - one else in my family is musical at all *sniff*

I think we should all agree on a song first. The Mafia Theme Song is first on the list, so think of songs that make you get into a Mafiay mood. *Is really hoping for an awesome Metally guitar part* Think dark, think scary.

I know I've mentioned this song before, a lot, but it fits, has some instrument parts, and no scary metal singing!

Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden

Reay, can we pwetty pwease wiff cherries, sprinkles, and cute kittens on top use your board? :D ? I'll throw in all the swimming gear imaginable and a lightsaber. ;)

Wow, ok I just listened to that song (it was actually better than I thought it would be...I can be open to music), and it's ok for Mafia I guess...but we SHOULD make our own. If we added it to our "mafia playlist", then those vocal can take a lot out of my voice...especially trying to be heard over all that guitar (if anyone could play that, my jaw will drop; that was so COOL).

Also, to Foxtacy, let me take a look at what you're talking about first ;)

<(^-^)>

I can too if you need it, If Silver cant...

Im kinda bored right now, so anything to do would be helpful!

I'm just gonna start a topic in Reaymond's forum for this...that way we're not cluttering up Brainden...give me a second...

<(^-^)>

I'm pretty sure I'm still there in your forum, reay... I'm wolfytail :P

Izzy's suggestion is pretty cool...I kinda want to start our own song as well, but it's going to be a lot of trouble, there will be a lot of variation, and I dunno how we are going to coordinate it. So, are we going to just base it on an already-made song?

Hey Panter, I was listening to that song, Apache by the Shadows? I TOTALLY know that song...it's good, but it's a bit...I dunno, I'm sure it's supposed to sound all shadowy and creepy, but it's kinda...happy o.O But we'll keep it in mind.

<(^-^)>

Reay, go ahead and delete Jaws.

Panther, e-mail me the song and tab at the(underscore)amazing(underscore)izzy(at)hotmail(dot)com. Spelt the proper way of course, it's just like that so the spam bots can't figure it out.

I kind of suck at composing music, so when I was talking to Impervious about doing Weird-Al type stuff, I meant, take other people's music, and just make lyrics that fit whatever we're doing the song for. :)

Reay, go ahead and delete Jaws.

Panther, e-mail me the song and tab at the(underscore)amazing(underscore)izzy(at)hotmail(dot)com. Spelt the proper way of course, it's just like that so the spam bots can't figure it out.

I kind of suck at composing music, so when I was talking to Impervious about doing Weird-Al type stuff, I meant, take other people's music, and just make lyrics that fit whatever we're doing the song for. :)

I cant just now, i'm at my friends house, bu I can send it tomorrow if thats any good?

Reay, I've registered on your site. Username is Panther

Izzy, I have the audio file, but can't seem to find a decent copy of the sheet music anywhere.

Maybe if I could get the scanner to work...

Panther, an e-mail was sent to you asking for your account to be activated - you can delete that now I've sorted that out, you can now view the forum aswell :).

Edited by reaymond

Reay, I've registered on your site. Username is Panther

Izzy, I have the audio file, but can't seem to find a decent copy of the sheet music anywhere.

Maybe if I could get the scanner to work...

What if I took a picture of it? (the sheets of music)

Edit - didn't make sense

Edited by Panther