BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Izzy

Question

I've noticed we have quite a lot of musicians on here. I was thinking that it'd be really cool if we all recorded somethings and made awesome, somewhat nerdanized, music. Nothing too hard at the beginning, probably just some cover music with awesome lyrics to fit the site. Making some sort of Mafia Theme Song (as Impervious suggested) would pwn all. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 10-or-so track album, with artsy people to do the cover and stuff? It would be insanely cool.

Anyway, I play guitar. If any other guitarists want to sign up, that's totally fine with me. :)

Anyone interested?

Once we have people signed up, I might set up another forum entirely where we can work on it. That way no one can see the final product until we're done. :D

Oh, ohohoh, if anyone knows how to like, man I don't even know what to call it, take recorded clips and combine them together, please let me know! I have no idea how. >_>

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. Izzy, (electric) guitar

2. Kat, vocals

Backup:

1. ST, piano (that is...if I find a recording device <_< <_< <_< my family isn't that modernized yet :P All I got is my camera one...and the sound is as bad as it gets ;) )

Izzy (electric guitar)

Kat (voice)

Peace (voice)

Neptune (Flute (what I'm best at), Tenor Sax(What I'm really good at))

Backup:

1. ST (Piano)

2. Neptune (Piano (What I can pull off pretty well))

Guitar:

1. Izzy (electric)

Voice:

1.Kat

2.Peace

Backup:

Piano:

1.ST

Nice! We can harmonize! I've already told my parents that I want a recording program/microphone and HOPEFULLY will get one for Christmas... :D

<(^-^)>

Izzy (electric guitar)

Kat (voice)

Peace (voice)

RainThinker-Violin (moderatly good, I play it for school)

Backup:

1. ST (Piano)

Izzy (electric guitar)

Kat (voice)

Peace (voice)

Backup:

1. ST (Piano)

Seriously? Cool :D

<(^-^)>

OOH! All my friends play violin, and I always wanted to try one <_< Of course, the one time I tried, I ended up snapping one of the strings :P Had to pay my friend for doing that... :lol:

Looks like we have a good variation here! I shall steal Kat's recording system :D

edit: 5

Edited by star_tiger

OOH! All my friends play violin, and I always wanted to try one <_< Of course, the one time I tried, I ended up snapping one of the strings :P Had to pay my friend for doing that... :lol:

Looks like we have a good variation here! I shall steal Kat's recording system :D

edit: 5

Cool! It'll give us an excuse to have a sleepover ^_^ But I don't even know if I'm getting one...hopefully -_-

<(^-^)>

Izzy (electric guitar)

Kat (voice)

Peace (voice)

O'mally- Trumpet (on my 3rd year) Piano (I toke lessons for 5 years...)

Backup:

1. ST (Piano)

I know i am kind of new... but i would just like to put down the 2 insterments that i play...

Guitar

Izzy (electric guitar)

Panther (acoustic/electric guitar [i have an electro-acoustic guitar, and an electric guitar] )

Vocal

Kat (voice)

Peace (voice)

Other

O'mally- Trumpet (on my 3rd year) Piano (I toke lessons for 5 years...)

Backup:

1. ST (Piano)

Hi all, im off school 'til January. I play the trumpet if that helps at all, doing my grade 6 although I don't know if my Dad has any recording equipment, although i see you already have a trumpet!

Hi all, im off school 'til January. I play the trumpet if that helps at all, doing my grade 6 although I don't know if my Dad has any recording equipment, although i see you already have a trumpet!

no problem. You guys can do..trumpet harmony :P We already have pairs for other instruments, so I'm sure it'll be ok ;) And, of course, you can always kidnap someone else's recording equipment... :D

Ooh! I'm so excited for this! :lol:

Pretty cool, guys!!!

As I said, my brother makes his electronic musics using Fruit Loops. I think he can import the pieces into the program to make the final file!

Also, he has always been looking for vocals for his musics, but rarelly can find something... Maybe Kat is the solution for his problems! :lol:

I'll ask him to take a look at this topic. :)

hey, i can do it, but it will not be easy though... because of the simple fact that everyone will be playing in a different tempo, how are you guys gonna handle this little problem? if the tempo is slightly unsynchronized i guess i can fix using a different program. but, i don't know! let's give it a shot ^_^

now, KAT!!!!!? YOU CAN SING!?!?!? *looks at kat with the eyes shinning*

OH MY GOD! what kind of song do you use to sing? would you help me on the vocal thingy my bro meant? (this is so exciting XD)

hey, i can do it, but it will not be easy though... because of the simple fact that everyone will be playing in a different tempo, how are you guys gonna handle this little problem? if the tempo is slightly unsynchronized i guess i can fix using a different program. but, i don't know! let's give it a shot ^_^

now, KAT!!!!!? YOU CAN SING!?!?!? *looks at kat with the eyes shinning*

OH MY GOD! what kind of song do you use to sing? would you help me on the vocal thingy my bro meant? (this is so exciting XD)

Kat is really good :P

And do you guys have a metronome or something of that sort? That way, we can pick a steady beat, find a way to...harmonize everything, and everything else will be left to Foxtacy (no pressure :) )

Eugh, I hate metronomes.. >_> My guitar teacher always said it seemed like I was just playing hard/fast stuff as fast as I could, and even though it sounded great, someone with his experience could tell I wasn't on beat. So I was like "*Gets out metronome* Alright, let's see you do it then." And he played it, uber fast, perfectly on beat, and I was like :o. And then I kicked him.. I can do slow stuff with metronomes! (Up to 16th notes at 100 using the pentatonic scales. Which doesn't seem that fast, but it is!)

More on topic: I'm leaving for Germany tonight guys. Well, 'cos it's an international flight, I have to be at the airport by 3, so this will probably be my last post until then. Keep signing up, everyone (even bassists :P) is welcome. I'll be back home on the 3rd, and if we have a song and everything, we can probably start recording that week.

Eugh, I hate metronomes.. >_> My guitar teacher always said it seemed like I was just playing hard/fast stuff as fast as I could, and even though it sounded great, someone with his experience could tell I wasn't on beat. So I was like "*Gets out metronome* Alright, let's see you do it then." And he played it, uber fast, perfectly on beat, and I was like :o. And then I kicked him.. I can do slow stuff with metronomes! (Up to 16th notes at 100 using the pentatonic scales. Which doesn't seem that fast, but it is!)

More on topic: I'm leaving for Germany tonight guys. Well, 'cos it's an international flight, I have to be at the airport by 3, so this will probably be my last post until then. Keep signing up, everyone (even bassists :P) is welcome. I'll be back home on the 3rd, and if we have a song and everything, we can probably start recording that week.

Have fun in Germany! Don't join the mafia there! :P

Metronomes are a pain in the a**, but I can't think of another way to ensure we are all in the same tempo. Any suggestions would be great :)

What if... *thinks*

What if one person records something, using a metronome, and sends it to someone else, who listens to the first recording while playing their part, (make sure you record the original as well [ if anyone needs help with the recording part, Audacity is a free audio program in which you can record multiple things at once]) and then sends the new file (which has their part and the original part combined) to someone else, who then does the same, and so on...

We will need a list of the order in which we will send it to, we don't want someone sending the file to someone who's already done it, and we will also need to agree on a basic tune so that it doesn't sound all weird with two different styles in the same song clashing. With Audacity (or garageband if your luck enough to have it) you can record clips from songs, so we could pick actual songs and play bits from them along with us playing!

Also, we would need to use MSN or similar to send the files.

B))

Nice! We can harmonize! I've already told my parents that I want a recording program/microphone and HOPEFULLY will get one for Christmas... :D

<(^-^)>

OK!!!

I do Voice Lessons, and everyone says my voice is great, but sometimes is kinda/really bad. So - if we do this, please dont cringe the first time I sing!!!! :rolleyes:

What if... *thinks*

What if one person records something, using a metronome, and sends it to someone else, who listens to the first recording while playing their part, (make sure you record the original as well [ if anyone needs help with the recording part, Audacity is a free audio program in which you can record multiple things at once]) and then sends the new file (which has their part and the original part combined) to someone else, who then does the same, and so on...

We will need a list of the order in which we will send it to, we don't want someone sending the file to someone who's already done it, and we will also need to agree on a basic tune so that it doesn't sound all weird with two different styles in the same song clashing. With Audacity (or garageband if your luck enough to have it) you can record clips from songs, so we could pick actual songs and play bits from them along with us playing!

Also, we would need to use MSN or similar to send the files.

B))

Nice suggestion! So, do you guys want to use a real song and play bits and clash them together, or improvise and see what happens? :P

And we can use email or MSN to send files...everyone has an email, right? :)