BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Izzy

Question

I've noticed we have quite a lot of musicians on here. I was thinking that it'd be really cool if we all recorded somethings and made awesome, somewhat nerdanized, music. Nothing too hard at the beginning, probably just some cover music with awesome lyrics to fit the site. Making some sort of Mafia Theme Song (as Impervious suggested) would pwn all. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 10-or-so track album, with artsy people to do the cover and stuff? It would be insanely cool.

Anyway, I play guitar. If any other guitarists want to sign up, that's totally fine with me. :)

Anyone interested?

Once we have people signed up, I might set up another forum entirely where we can work on it. That way no one can see the final product until we're done. :D

Oh, ohohoh, if anyone knows how to like, man I don't even know what to call it, take recorded clips and combine them together, please let me know! I have no idea how. >_>

• Answers 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know it's possible, but I believe it requires a certain program, such as Garage Band (which my vocal teacher has and uses it to record our accompaniment) and it puts together different recordings and makes them into itunes files...I'd love to sing for this if it works out ^_^

<(^-^)>

I have Garage Band on my Mac. :)

Hehe, I was thinking of doing *at least* one song by Metallica or Iron Maiden. Can't wait to hear your metal voice, Kat. :P

:unsure: Uh...maybe you can get someone else to do THAT... I would like to keep my voice for future years, thank you very much.. B))

<(^-^)>

Pretty cool, guys!!!

As I said, my brother makes his electronic musics using Fruit Loops. I think he can import the pieces into the program to make the final file!

Also, he has always been looking for vocals for his musics, but rarelly can find something... Maybe Kat is the solution for his problems! :lol:

I'll ask him to take a look at this topic. :)

If y'all need a pianist... :) :) :) Although I'm not so good with recording and uploading (you don't want to see me with electronics <_< ), I can give it a shot! :D

edit: to Skywalker...Fruit Loops? o.O Do you mean your brother makes music using Fruit Loops, or is that some kind of program? :P

Edited by star_tiger

If y'all need a pianist... :):):) Although I'm not so good with recording and uploading (you don't want to see me with electronics <_< ), I can give it a shot! :D

edit: to Skywalker...Fruit Loops? o.O Do you mean your brother makes music using Fruit Loops, or is that some kind of program? :P

Well you could come over and we could do piano and singing together *remembers "Listen to Your Heart" ... :) * and I BELIEVE that's a computer program...if it wasn't I'd be a bit weirded out...

<(^-^)>

This sounds cool but if ST is playing piano I wonder what I would play :mellow:

Edit: I could play saxophone it's my band instrument in school and hey I'm pretty good at it B))

Edited by limeliam

This sounds cool but if ST is playing piano I wonder what I would play :mellow:

Edit: I could play saxophone it's my band instrument in school and hey I'm pretty good at it B))

You can play the piano with me! :D It'll be like a piano duet! *nudges limey*

Saxophone is pretty cool too! I've never heard you play before...*nudges limey again*

If y'all need a pianist... :) :) :) Although I'm not so good with recording and uploading (you don't want to see me with electronics <_< ), I can give it a shot! :D

Yes, Fruit Loops is a program name, heheh! :lol:

My iPod can record, along with my Computer. My dad has made recorded stuff before, so that could work for me. Does everyone have all the stuff they need for this?

Erm...*raises hand feebly* No? Maybe? What do I need?

<(^-^)>

Erm...*raises hand feebly* No? Maybe? What do I need?

<(^-^)>

Do you hae a mic at all?

Or a recording devise?? Even video could work! Computer, mic, i remember your saying you can sing, so can you video tape urself singing, or record it? Do you have a friend That could help? ST and Silver would understand...

Do you hae a mic at all?

Or a recording devise?? Even video could work! Computer, mic, i remember your saying you can sing, so can you video tape urself singing, or record it? Do you have a friend That could help? ST and Silver would understand...

Erm...I have a mic built into my laptop but it isn't the best quality...maybe if I add it to my Christmas list, it'll come...*hmm*

<(^-^)>

I love writing songs. Izz y and I chatted briefly about doing something Weird-Al style which should be simple enough for me to do.

I'm also a professional graphic designer so case designs would be simple.

I think our first song should be the Mafia theme song.

I love writing songs. Izz y and I chatted briefly about doing something Weird-Al style which should be simple enough for me to do.

Me and a friend in school have done something like that... although they are just a tiny bit rude... ok pretty much every other word is swearing. :P

Panther, what's your skill level with guitar? I doubt we're going to get into any crazy stuff, but I'd like to know. I can play pretty much anything, but it takes a few days for me to master it. I'm a bit iffy on some solos though.. And I have a Line 6 Amp, and it has a recording thingy, but I don't know how to use it, I was just going to record myself on my lap top. Any idea how?

I'll be in Germany until well after Christmas anyway, so this probably won't get started until the 5th or so of January, at earliest.

I think I sign-up sheet would help all this be a bit more organized. Name, then instrument. :D

1. Izzy, (electric) guitar