BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

is a fun little Role-playing game called "Lost Chronicles". It's like Mafia in a way, but also different. The point is to be the last one remaining through, alliances, betrayal, fighting, and strategy. There are six "jobs" to play as each with their own abilities and powers. Every other day there is an arena match, and everyday someone has to die. The arena days make sure someone dies. Then during the normal and arena days someone can try to kill someone else. They will PM me this. During Arena matches you will post on here what you’re doing like in story format... playing out your battle. Characters will have one hit kill abilities, but can only use them once in the game making it so that if you use it too early... you’re a goner. You can also make an alliance with other players till you guys are the only ones left. Alliances can be broken and are kept secret from others. These are one of the only times you can PM others. Also people with alliances are allowed to help each other outside of the arena. Matches are chosen randomly out of a hat by the way. It would actually be easier to play the game and tell you the rules and examples as we go now.

I can have 15 people playing

1. Kat (reserved :P )

2.Riranor ( I will participate to help others not to kill anyone)

Your Job... decides what powers and abilities you have. Your Job is not a secret to everyone in this. IN fact I will be telling everybody on the list so you can’t try to lie about it.

Warrior: An all around fighter that can do basically everything physical orientated.

Ability: Can fight with any basic technique and easy to cause the killing blow without special techniques.

Power1: Can use anything (that is possible like a chair or something) as a melee weapon (anytime)

power2: Can use anything as a range weapon (throwing... unless it’s a bow... then you need arrows which are supplied) (anytime)

power3: Can block ANY attack (5 times once a day)

Magician: A spell caster that can use breathtaking techniques

Ability: Uses a spear if no other this is possible and can use magic

power1: fire magic in any form (5 times a day)

power2: Ice magic in any form (5 times a day)

power3: Lightning magic in any form (5 times a day)

Priest: A healer of great power

Ability: can fight with a mace without powers

power1: Can resurrect someone (ONCE IN WHOLE GAME UNLESS REVIVED EVERY PERSON CAN ONLY BE REVIVED OCE AS WELL)

power2: Can avoid a situation that seems bad with a simple divine spell (3 times on self and 3 times to help others in one battle)

power3: Can cause an automatic death with an obliterating flash (ONCE IN WHOLE GAME UNLESS REVIVED)

Thief: A nimble fighter that uses his agility with his stealth to win

Ability: Can perform flips and other acrobatic maneuvers in battle

power1: Can kill someone automatically without them even knowing someone was following him (ONCE IN WHOLE GAME UNLESS REVIVED)

power2: Can hide and strike in battle (3 times a battle)

power3: Can steal spy on others finding out who one alliance is (ONCE... a day)

Ninja: Uses Stealth and minor magic to finish their enemies

Ability: Uses shuriken, Kunai, and Katana with the ability to walk on walls and fight

power1: Makes 3 clones if guess wrong one very dangerous (but not deadly) attack is dealt to someone temporarily crippling them (once every other battle)

power2: Flare is sent into air from a scroll used to call for help (not used if in arena) from people you have alliances with. (Once a battle)

power3: This technique allows you to betray an Alliance and get them killed and your place (ONCE IN WHOLE GAME UNLESS REVIVED)

Avenger: Has pride and justice on his side with his strength in battle

Ability: Uses Large swords with powerful techniques

power1: His []smite power allows him to kill someone automatically (ONCE IN WHOLE GAME UNLESS REVIVED)

power2: Creates a clone that takes the hit for him (once a battle)

power3: Can heal a single wound (3 times a battle)

There i just want you to post your character in this format

Name:

Job:

Description:

Background:

Other:

I hope you like :D

• Answers 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Name: Magican of Limes

Job: Magican

Description: A strong, short and powerful magican with light blonde hair and lime green eyes

Background: A tall forest in Canada

Here it is ;)

Magician of limes? :P *imagines Limey in a magician robe making limes fly around and hit people in the heads* :D Luv it!

Are alliances announced here? and what happens if you are facing off against someone else in the arena that is in your alliance? :huh: And the looks of it, everyone might have an alliance with most of the people here...if not all <_<

Magician of limes? :P *imagines Limey in a magician robe making limes fly around and hit people in the heads* :D Luv it!

Are alliances announced here? and what happens if you are facing off against someone else in the arena that is in your alliance? :huh: And the looks of it, everyone might have an alliance with most of the people here...if not all <_<

Nah, I'm a thief, and thieves work alone too ;) If do wish to join/start an alliance though, don't forget to PM Rir as well...WAIT sorry I'm not hosting anymore...:blush: habit...

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

And it begins

The Challenge

The rain has just stopped on this fine spring morning. The water dripped from tree leaves making a soft plat on the ground. A small breeze stirred and the air was still moist. Riranor was talking to the king as you all waited outside the castle waiting to see if you were accepted for the arena tournament. Suddenly you could hear faint voices coming closer. You see Riranor and a guard talking as the come to gates and open them. Riranor eyes each and everyone of you before he spoke.

"Welcome friends. Glad to see you all survived the trip. I will be your host Riranor. Please call me Rir if you'd like. Those who signed up for the arena have a big challenge to face. Those people are you now and the first trial has just begun! I will choose one of you randomly to face me. I will not aim to kill but will show you how to FIGHT!"

The wind stirred even my as this was said. Riranor started to walk and urged everyone to follow. The dirt road was damp and muddy ,but he seemed not to notice. At the entrance of the arena he stopped and turned around eyeing each of you with a cold stare.

"Now what you will be fighting for."

He reached into his pocket pulling out a gem of normal size, but its aura was so magnificent that even people without magic could see it glow.

"This stone holds the worlds inner most secret and can increase your life and youth by ten fold... those who are immortal might receive an even great gift from the stone. I once was the bearer of it but now I i am putting it up for grabs, as told by the king to do so. There is also a second secret prize. Also, those who are priest please pray that our new foe Icarin the dark sage doesn't come. He sent a death threat to the king recently and i would just like a few hopeful prayers please. Now a moment of silence please!"

Everything is quiet and Riranor puts his head down to pray. His head then rises and says "Now... my first opponent for this practice round shall be..."

(OOC [out of character] omg ... i cant believe it)

"Kat" (still keeping name secret and can you resend it)

"please Kat come into the arena and fight me... you can back down if you wish. Would you like to?"

Edited by Riranor

Yay! Well since no one else has a secret name, won't everyone figure out that the name that belongs to no one is me? -_- Ok I'll make it public (but it takes the fun out of it)...my character's name is Halcyoni which basically means "Gold". So how does this work? PM or over the topic? :huh:

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

Yay! Well since no one else has a secret name, won't everyone figure out that the name that belongs to no one is me? -_- Ok I'll make it public (but it takes the fun out of it)...my character's name is Halcyoni which basically means "Gold". So how does this work? PM or over the topic? :huh:

<(^-^)>

Arena so topic

Ok, so it's like Role Playing...you go first so I can better grasp exactly what I should write...:)

<(^-^)>

"I shall begin!"

I take my spear in one hand as my other hand is sending electricity through my arm. I point my hand at you and yell.

"DRAGON STRIKE!"

My hand surges with power as a large dragon shoots from it at you.

(now... how do you avoid and counter)

edit: forgot the word spear and accidently changed writing style but fixed now

Edited by Riranor

Oh ok...I get it ^_^

Halcyoni narrowed her eyes, he sharp senses noticing as Rir reached for his sword. With the experienced speed of a thief, she braced herself, and jumped just in time to avoid the blast. Her mouth curved into a smug smile, as she landed perfectly, then positioned herself, ready to attack...

Like that? :D

<(^-^)>

Oh ok...I get it ^_^

Halcyoni narrowed her eyes, he sharp senses noticing as Rir reached for his sword. With the experienced speed of a thief, she braced herself, and jumped just in time to avoid the blast. Her mouth curved into a smug smile, as she landed perfectly, then positioned herself, ready to attack...

Like that? :D

<(^-^)>

ooc: perfect ... but remember, magicians use staves and spears not swords... and you fell for it

"It's not over yet!"

The electric dragon hits the ground behind you sending electricity throughout the whole battle field... though it's a weaker current, it is much harder to dodge and I have a smug look on my face knowing this.

"Had enough?"

Err, I hope we don't have to do every fight like that. That's going to take an IMMENSE amount of time, especially with the "Play by Post" nature of this game. It also seems fairly unresolvable. I'm feeling like there should be some random numbers or something dictating outcomes :P Or maybe Rock<Paper<Scissors kinds of relationships between the classes.

Not to overly critique this game (I'm looking forward to my turn ;)), but I'm foreseeing a couple issues with the current format.

Err, I hope we don't have to do every fight like that. That's going to take an IMMENSE amount of time, especially with the "Play by Post" nature of this game. It also seems fairly unresolvable. I'm feeling like there should be some random numbers or something dictating outcomes :P Or maybe Rock<Paper<Scissors kinds of relationships between the classes.

Not to overly critique this game (I'm looking forward to my turn ;)), but I'm foreseeing a couple issues with the current format.

I agree, which is why I asked about the length of each "day" and the timezone problem. I'm really looking forward to playing the game and roleplaying, but I think there should be some sort of fit resolution, probably something more based on strategy. I was thinking something like what happens in AdventureQuest and DragonFable (random...I know :P ), but it may be a bit too complicated.

I know some people will be unfair with this... thats why if this happens I can choose a winner. Those who just block everything make things boring but i fixed that with the one hit kill jobs. But other jobs can always block some attacks (normal and special) but this dosen't always help if wasted to early.

Play fairly and if you cant think of a good counter you lose, hands down ok.

Edited by Riranor

*raises hand* Suggestion! How about you decide the outcome of the battle (via random choice or such), and then one of the people can make a long post about it, then the person who DIDN'T get to write gets to write in the next battle they're in...*shrugs* something like that...

Also: Aw DANG I actually noticed you used a spear...I didn't think it mattered though...

<(^-^)>

i'm still confused on how someone is going to die it seems like a never ending cycle of story making.

If you trap someone with your attack by not revealing the full technique (like i just did in my last battle post) then you can win. It's guess what your opponent will do and plan a trap for them like i just did. If something keeps going i will kill off the person that is really keeping it going because they are making things impossible.

Question... can we challenge anyone?

Yes first ask me through PM then ask them. OR you can sneak up on them and fight them via PM (still have to ask me though) and for undecidable battles i decided to flip a coin but hopefuly you guys will be mature about and accept when you lose.

Edited by Riranor

Hey everyone, I'm back ^_^ So what's happening? Are we continuing the way we started? :huh:

<(^-^)>

"Are demonstration is over."

(ooc: i am so d*** tired homework is so boring night everyone... might post a joke first)