BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hey, I noticed some people were talking about instruments in another topic, and due to my curiosity, and not wanting that topic to be locked...I started a topic. So I'm a VERY musical person, I sing, play guitar, piano and trumpet. I just started guitar in September, and have learned suprisingly quickly. I love Coldplay and P!nk, and I'm hoping to study music when I go to University. What about everyone else?

<(^-^)>

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

well not to boast but im an awesome Flutist..! i never had lessons though... just good old school band... i half gave it up after about 3 years because our instructer was mean and the songs were crappy... but my favourite was 'can you feel the love tonight' from the Lion King, because it was really smooth yet a challenge to play..

i played it for my music teacher last year and he tried to get me to join the band but i didnt want to... (i regret that sometimes...)

and then i tutored a friend for a while... but she found it too hard so that ended my tutoring days...

i still sometimes get the urge to play the flute again but i dont own one... i will probably buy one sometime...

My playlist includes a lot of oldish songs... :P

like...

chasing cars

better days

aint no sunshine

and a lot of others like that...

i also love remixes... especially the Ministry of Sounds album of 2009! best album ever!

I started out playing the trumpet for band in 5th grade, and I was so good they put me in the middle school band. Sad thing is the trumpet was from like the 1970's and it sounded like a dead rabbit (not sure where that came from, but that's about what it sounded like)...so i quit. I picked up guitar last year and got pretty good at it, I would play it literally everyday for 2-3 hours, and I could play just about anything. But lately I havent had time so I lost some of my touch. Then I started to play the piano after getting interested in classical music, which I happen to love, and I got okay at it. The E key on my piano, which happens to be one of the main keys in every sonata was broke so I had to stop that too. I sing constantly (around the house, in the shower, etc.) I dont really care if I am good, I love to do it so...screw whoever has an opinion :P:) ..jk...I am a pretty good singer, i think :huh:

My playlist changes about everyday...

I love any and every type of music, but my favorites are:

1.) Anything and everthing from the Beatles

2.) Classical (the usual, Beethoven, Mozart, Haydn)

3.) Trance (dont ask ;) )

4.) Rock (classic, alternative, whatever....)

5.) Hip-hop

Music is basically my life, or a large part of it, I can barely go an hour without listening to it...in fact I am listening to it right now. :D

Music is basically my life, or a large part of it, I can barely go an hour without listening to it...in fact I am listening to it right now. :D

ditto. My mind usually has at least four to five parts going on in it (piano, bass, sax, sometimes a jazz flute... your usual combo) during a lecture (those teachers are so distracting, especially when I'm composing <ahttp://brainden.com/forum/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png' alt=':P'>), and when I'm not distracted by the teachers, I can think up a full symphony, but not for long (it's quite tiring, thinking about the parts for an orchestra :D )

my full playlist is a bit over 2000 songs B)) , mostly alternative rock, jazz, and latin/jazz.

I only have about 150 songs, but that's because I'm VERY picky about what I listen to, and if I get bored with a song, I delete it. :P I'm actually quite good at composing, it's just that writing down music is a very long and boring process...we're composing and putting on a concert for our vocal summatives (tests/projects/presentations), and I've written a song I'm quite proud of...now I just have to write it down...-_-

<(^-^)>

I have about 800 songs on my playlist, and i have.....

All American Rejects

Mettalica

My friends (recordings)

Allison Krauss

Three Days Grace

Inner Party System

Ashley Tisdale

Keane

Journey

Fall Out Boy

Lotsa Broadway

Hmm...interesting, you have Ashley Tisdale? o.O I don't know anyone who listens to her, besides the 11 year old girls on my street...*shrug* ok, also, Broadway is so fun to listen to, and sing along (especially if you've seen sed musical). I find Three Days Grace a bit down, I have one song by them that I listen to when I'm upset. I also have one Journey Songs. The rest of you list isn't much like my tastes at all :P

My playlist is something like...

P!nk

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Rihanna (a bit)

Pascale Picard

Natasha Beddingfield

John Meyer

Stabilo

Hedley

Mika

Alycia Keys

The Midway State

Five for Fighting

etc...a lot of people I have just one song I like from them, only the top...6 I have more than 4 songs...

<(^-^)>

Hmm...interesting, you have Ashley Tisdale? o.O I don't know anyone who listens to her, besides the 11 year old girls on my street...*shrug* ok, also, Broadway is so fun to listen to, and sing along (especially if you've seen sed musical). I find Three Days Grace a bit down, I have one song by them that I listen to when I'm upset. I also have one Journey Songs. The rest of you list isn't much like my tastes at all :P

My playlist is something like...

P!nk

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Rihanna (a bit)

Pascale Picard

Natasha Beddingfield

John Meyer

Stabilo

Hedley

Mika

Alycia Keys

The Midway State

Five for Fighting

etc...a lot of people I have just one song I like from them, only the top...6 I have more than 4 songs...

<(^-^)>

I also have....

P!nk

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Rihanna

Natasha Beddingfield

John Meyer

Alycia Keys

(The only reason i have Ashley Tisdale is because my sister listens to it...and she borrows my iPod a lot!)

Seconded. I'd say do it even if you don't enjoy Rock much.

Very true. They are just an amazing group in general. i as introduced to them my junior year in high school (over 4 years ago) and they are, by far, one of my top 3 favorite groups. Pink Floyd being #1

So nice to hear that many of you can play instruments!

I was studying for the TOEFL when I came by a text that presented the importance of music in learning! It really affect the way we think and give us abilities we never imagined (although I'm not the "master of space and time" yet ;) ).

I studied piano for 5 years, I think, but I totally lost the practice now... I bought an Evanescence Scores Book last year and tought myself "My Immortal", but I haven't played for a while...

Also, it's impossible for me to play the piano and sing at the same time. However, my brother, Foxtacy, can't read a score, but he can learn just by hearing and he can sing along! Also, he is an electronic music composer! He has a lot of songs posted on Newgrounds site! I'll ask him to share the links here on BrainDen, if you want :lol: .

And my favorite music style is Eurodance! Ace of Base is the best band ever! B))

Any of you who enjoy rock and classical NEED to check out Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Such a good group.

Oh I TOTALLY agree...I don't have them on my ipod but I'm getting their new Christmas CD, The Lost Christmas Eve, for Christmas...(I didn't know that :unsure:...;) ), and I'm a huge fan! Too bad they only come to Toronto AFTER Christmas...-_- But their music is so...wow...o.O Their guitarist(s?) are amazing...:o

<(^-^)>

Oh I TOTALLY agree...I don't have them on my ipod but I'm getting their new Christmas CD, The Lost Christmas Eve, for Christmas...(I didn't know that :unsure:...;) ), and I'm a huge fan! Too bad they only come to Toronto AFTER Christmas...-_- But their music is so...wow...o.O Their guitarist(s?) are amazing...:o

<(^-^)>

well....it's not exactly a new CD....

well....it's not exactly a new CD....

The radio lies...or maybe that's only the American ones :P We get this Buffalo radio station, and I swear every other add is all

"Get the new Trans Siberian Orchestra CD! In stores now!" so I thought it was new ;)

<(^-^)>

hey guys!, well, i don't play anymore but i used to play piano and keyboard, and now, (once in a month at least) i make some songs and post them on newgrounds (btw check them out and tell me if you like ^_^) it's www.foxtacy.newgrounds.com

well, hope you all like it, i'm not that skilled though but, well, check them out ^_^

hey guys!, well, i don't play anymore but i used to play piano and keyboard, and now, (once in a month at least) i make some songs and post them on newgrounds (btw check them out and tell me if you like ^_^) it's www.foxtacy.newgrounds.com

well, hope you all like it, i'm not that skilled though but, well, check them out ^_^

ooh, nice songs! My favorite one is Silent Thoughts ;) I luv how you used parts of the badger song in your vid :P

According to my Last.Fm (which hasn't been updated in ages), my

15 Most Listened to Artists Are (In order):

Iron Maiden (164)

Bad Religion (111)

Led Zeppelin (90)

The Buzzcocks (82)

Joe Satriani (70)

Green Day (55)

Ramones (54)

Rammstein (48)

NOFX (44)

Guns n' Roses (44)

Slash's Snakepit (43)

Bob Dylan (41)

Metallica (38)

Die Toten Hosen (36)

Alice Cooper (35)

Woah, there is *definitely* some Pink Floyd missing from that! I think it's 'cos I never listen to the songs fully so they don't sync.. Pink Floyd *pwns* Definitely in my top 5.

15 Most Listened to Songs Are (In order):

Eh, I'm too lazy to list 'em. Just lookit.

http://www.last.fm/user/The_Izzy/charts?subtype=tracks

My top 25 played (According to itunes)

So What

Stand In the Rain

Life In Technicolor

Lost?

Stupid Girls

Shake It

Violet Hill

Viva la Vida

Beauty from Pain

Don't Look In Their Eyes

Mercy

Nowhere With You

This Love

Pocketful of Sunshine

Let It Rock

Ring Ring

For the Nights I Can't Remember

The Scientist

4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)

Get the Party Started

Dancing Queen

Speed of Sound

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

<(^-^)>

:lol: , I have to admit, I only recognized about 5 songs in Izzy's top songs :P On the other hand, I know almost all of kat's B)) I'm not a big fan of Iron Maiden/Metallica stuff... :unsure:

edit: 4

Edited by star_tiger

Haha, I was about to post "Geez Kat, the only song is recognize from your list is Good Riddance", and then I read what ST said. >_>

:lol: , it's really fascinating to learn what other people listen to. I'm so used to my kind of music :P I'm probably going to take up Izzy's type tomorrow, and see how it is :)

YAY! 1000TH POST!!!

Edited by star_tiger

:lol: , it's really fascinating to learn what other people listen to. I'm so used to my kind of music :P I'm probably going to take up Izzy's type tomorrow, and see how it is :)

Oh, no offence Izzy, but that's kinda opposite to my tastes...Wolftail, she's got Dom's music style ;) Some songs are ok, but a lot of...rock...I'm more Alternative and Pop...I'm better at singing Alternative though.

<(^-^)>