BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hey, I noticed some people were talking about instruments in another topic, and due to my curiosity, and not wanting that topic to be locked...I started a topic. So I'm a VERY musical person, I sing, play guitar, piano and trumpet. I just started guitar in September, and have learned suprisingly quickly. I love Coldplay and P!nk, and I'm hoping to study music when I go to University. What about everyone else?

<(^-^)>

• Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I don't really play any intruments. I can play a few things on piano if I really concentrate on what I'm doing and it's always by ear (I suck at reading music sheets <_<) but I do love to sing. I was in choir for my senior year of school cause I had to change schools my senior year and my old school didn't have choir.

I don't really play any intruments. I can play a few things on piano if I really concentrate on what I'm doing and it's always by ear (I suck at reading music sheets <_<) but I do love to sing. I was in choir for my senior year of school cause I had to change schools my senior year and my old school didn't have choir.

You can't read music? Aw! I'd totally teach you...if I could :unsure: I'm in my vocal program, and choir :D Although I miss my old choir...this one isn't the BEST...<_<

<(^-^)>

You can't read music? Aw! I'd totally teach you...if I could :unsure: I'm in my vocal program, and choir :D Although I miss my old choir...this one isn't the BEST...<_<

<(^-^)>

Ugh, I was forced to learn how to read music at the age of 5 *goes to cry in a corner* But now I'm uber good at music theory! :D

I play the piano and flute, but I can't sing for my life *attempts to sing twinkle, twinkle little star, sings painfully and out of tune* Kat on the other hand... ;) The Chamber Choir was so good last year!!! :(

Edited by star_tiger

Ugh, I was forced to learn how to read music at the age of 5 *goes to cry in a corner* But now I'm uber good at music theory! :D

I play the piano and flute, but I can't sing for my life *attempts to sing twinkle, twinkle little star, sings painfully and out of tune* Kat on the other hand... ;) The Chamber Choir was so good last year!!! :(

I totally agree...only Silver is left to make it great...say hi to Ms. Spurrell for me ;) I'm doing my RCM 6 exam this summer...anyone else take Royal Conservatory?

<(^-^)>

I totally agree...only Silver is left to make it great...say hi to Ms. Spurrell for me ;) I'm doing my RCM 6 exam this summer...anyone else take Royal Conservatory?

<(^-^)>

OOH! I hate RCM so much! :D I'm taking RCM 10 piano the coming summer...gosh, stupid scales...who cares about octave scales? *bangs head against desk*

Good luck in your exam, Kat! Whatever you do, try not to look at the exam marker dude. Most of them have big bug eyes that stare right back at you...I always tend to look above their heads :)

1) you totally stole my word!

2) In Jr. high I used to play the trombone and baritone. HS I switched to the tube because we only had one other at the time. My Senior year the school decided they wanted a pep band to play during the football games of which i went back to trombone for. (PS Low Rider and Sunshine of your love = awesome songs)

3) I also love to sing, never did that great in the pop genre but choral is always fun :)

<(^-^)>

They tried to teach me in choir but I never really got the hang on it. I just sang from memory rather than from the music sheet.

I am a flutist(mainly) and a saxist (GO TENORS!!!)

I play flute in the Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble (LJYE is soo hard to say :P ), and sax in the school Jazz Band.

I can also sorta play the piano, and love to compose.

music is sorta my thing, but I can't sing to save my life.

seriously.

If I was caught in that three-headed dog situation (harry potter #1!!) and I tried to sing to make him sleep, I would fail miserably and die in about 2 seconds. :D

They tried to teach me in choir but I never really got the hang on it. I just sang from memory rather than from the music sheet.

Aw...all you really have to do is know which line and space is which. E G B D F for lines and F A C E for spaces...:D

<(^-^)>

I play flute in the Latin Jazz Youth Ensemble (LJYE is soo hard to say :P ), and sax in the school Jazz Band.

seriously.

If I was caught in that three-headed dog situation (harry potter #1!!) and I tried to sing to make him sleep, I would fail miserably and die in about 2 seconds. :D

I used to be in our School Jazz band with Star_tiger...but then we graduated...and choir and band are at the same time, and I HAD to pick choir! B)) I can sing, but I CAN NOT play piano, I don't know why I even took lessons. Guitar comes so natuarally to me, I learned to play Silent Night in about an hour...with chords...by ear...:D And I wouldn't worry about any three headed dogs...last time I checked they didn't exist...

<(^-^)>

seriously.

Ooh, another flutist!!! :D Saxes are wicked too!

btw, LJYE is hard to pronounce! *says it out loud to oneself repeatedly* I just earned myself a lot of stares... :P

I play the flute in the orchestra along with upper grade bands, and piano accompaniment for my grade band. Music is my forte as well, although I suck at pretty much everything else :P

OOH! I luved the 3-headed dog scene! You would only die after 2 seconds...me, about 1 second :) That is why I never, ever sing...Kat sings good enough for the two of us 8))

Ooh, another flutist!!! :D Saxes are wicked too!

btw, LJYE is hard to pronounce! *says it out loud to oneself repeatedly* I just earned myself a lot of stares... :P

I play the flute in the orchestra along with upper grade bands, and piano accompaniment for my grade band. Music is my forte as well, although I suck at pretty much everything else :P

OOH! I luved the 3-headed dog scene! You would only die after 2 seconds...me, about 1 second :) That is why I never, ever sing...Kat sings good enough for the two of us 8))

:blush: Ok, it totally sounds weird, but I can really only sing classical and opera...little person, big voice ;) And you CAN sing Wolftail, you just don't try hard enough...but I've heard you sing, and you can! :)

<(^-^)>

Aw...all you really have to do is know which line and space is which. E G B D F for lines and F A C E for spaces...:D

<(^-^)>

:lol: , the way my theory teacher taught it to me was "here are what the lines and spaces mean. Here are the note values. Now go home and memorize them, and you better know them next week" She was a great teacher, but I had about 8 hours of theory homework each week... -_- Tough on a 10 yrs old :P

I used to be in our School Jazz band with Star_tiger...but then we graduated...and choir and band are at the same time, and I HAD to pick choir! B)) I can sing, but I CAN NOT play piano, I don't know why I even took lessons. Guitar comes so natuarally to me, I learned to play Silent Night in about an hour...with chords...by ear...:D And I wouldn't worry about any three headed dogs...last time I checked they didn't exist...

<(^-^)>

yup, Kat used to get half the trumpet solos :P I had the option to go for music or art, but chose art because I already had the credit for music (plus, I wouldn't learn anything :P ). And I auditioned for the orchestra, and made it (although I'm the youngest and worst flutist <_< )

Kat, you totally have to play the guitar for me one day ;)

<(^-^)>

Oh it's not that I didn't know what each of the notes were...It's just that I couldn't just look at it and know how high or low to go...I love to sing and I sing very well...but give me a music sheet and expect me to be able to sing it and I will fail <_<

Oh it's not that I didn't know what each of the notes were...It's just that I couldn't just look at it and know how high or low to go...I love to sing and I sing very well...but give me a music sheet and expect me to be able to sing it and I will fail <_<

That's ok...it just takes practice. I've been singing and reading music since like Grade one, so I think I've got it...ah well, learning something by ear is WAY easier anyway...

<(^-^)>

:blush: Ok, it totally sounds weird, but I can really only sing classical and opera...little person, big voice ;) And you CAN sing Wolftail, you just don't try hard enough...but I've heard you sing, and you can! :)

<(^-^)>

:lol: , I have never heard you sing opera! That's another thing you have to show me soon ;)

And no, I can't sing. I just mumble along, and pretend I'm singing in tune :D Of course, I always stand next to you, so it seems like I'm actually doing something while it's just you singing B)) As I said, you sing good enough for the both of us :)

:lol: , I have never heard you sing opera! That's another thing you have to show me soon ;)

And no, I can't sing. I just mumble along, and pretend I'm singing in tune :D Of course, I always stand next to you, so it seems like I'm actually doing something while it's just you singing B)) As I said, you sing good enough for the both of us :)

:blush:

<(^-^)>

I play trombone.

I sing in a choir, and did all through High School and college, though it's harder to find groups to sing with nowadays (I don't do it for money).

My SO is going for her Masters in Opera Performance.

I am about ear deep in music for most of my life, and as a Software person it kind of drives me insane :P

Edit for abbreviation: SO -> Significant Other

Edited by SomeGuy

I play trombone.

I sing in a choir, and did all through High School and college, though it's harder to find groups to sing with nowadays (I don't do it for money).

My SO is going for her Masters in Opera Performance.

I am about ear deep in music for most of my life, and as a Software person it kind of drives me insane :P

Edit for abbreviation: SO -> Significant Other

Woot go trombones :)

Hehe, thought it might be interesting to mention that I have a mafia playlist. It's only 5 songs so far, but I always play it while coordinating with my mafia baddies (when I'm bad that is...which is a lot of the time), or reading night/day posts. So far it's:

1) Another Way to Die - Jack White and Alycia Keys

2) One Foot Wrong - P!nk

3) Sober - P!nk

4) Violet Hill - Coldplay

5) Disturbia - Rihanna

Any mafia-ish songs you know? I might just add them ;)

<(^-^)>

<(^-^)>

Ernie Gave Bert Dead Flies

Even George Bush Drives Fast

Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge

F A C E spells Face!!!!

(These are bottom-up)

(and from the Treble Cleff)

Hehe, thought it might be interesting to mention that I have a mafia playlist. It's only 5 songs so far, but I always play it while coordinating with my mafia baddies (when I'm bad that is...which is a lot of the time), or reading night/day posts. So far it's:

1) Another Way to Die - Jack White and Alycia Keys

2) One Foot Wrong - P!nk

3) Sober - P!nk

4) Violet Hill - Coldplay

5) Disturbia - Rihanna

Any mafia-ish songs you know? I might just add them ;)

<(^-^)>

- Um there's 'I Hate Everything about you' by Three Days Grace, cause Mafias dont really like happy people...

- The Beggining of 'Don't Stop' by Inner Party System (Maybe All of it)

- 'Crah' By Gwen Stefani

(Yes, I own all these songs!! ;) )

Ooh music. I've been playing guitar since I was 11. I started screwing around on my grandmother's piano around the same time, and my mother thought I was scarily good, so she got me lessons and stuff. I played trumpet last school year, which was fun when the band was together, but practicing at home was boring as hell. I didn't like it and had to quit when I broke my right collar bone anyway. I can jam out a few tunes on the harmonica and improvise pretty well on drums. And I sing in the shower. :D

I've found out that no matter what instrument I want to play, it only takes me about half an hour to figure out what I'm doing. I'm up for trying pretty much any instrument, but guitar has to be my favorite. Also, as a cocky guitarist, I fail the see the point of a bass. There simply isn't anything a bassist can play better than a guitarist with a lot of distortion.

Ooh music. I've been playing guitar since I was 11. I started screwing around on my grandmother's piano around the same time, and my mother thought I was scarily good, so she got me lessons and stuff. I played trumpet last school year, which was fun when the band was together, but practicing at home was boring as hell. I didn't like it and had to quit when I broke my right collar bone anyway. I can jam out a few tunes on the harmonica and improvise pretty well on drums. And I sing in the shower. :D

I've found out that no matter what instrument I want to play, it only takes me about half an hour to figure out what I'm doing. I'm up for trying pretty much any instrument, but guitar has to be my favorite. Also, as a cocky guitarist, I fail the see the point of a bass. There simply isn't anything a bassist can play better than a guitarist with a lot of distortion.

I must disagree.

bassist's kick some major buttocks.

think of jaco pastorius... no guitarist can beat him at anything!