BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

After an exhausting day at work Impervious went downtown to an opening of a new bar with some of his coworkers.

It was as usual when a new booze station is being opened. The new place was packed with people buzzing around. It was a mixed crowd, few remotely familiar faces, cute waitresses, alcohol galore... everything that Impervious had seen countless times before.

He was slowly sipping his drink, checking his wristwatch, undisturbed by the surrounding crowd until he noticed her, cute brunette wearing a pink T-shirt with a picture of a bunny wearing a straitjacket. Their eyes met for two seconds... she smiled and turned her head to continue the conversation with her friends.

He had an immediate urge to meet this girl. Her smile encouraged him and he started thinking of an approach strategy. “I’ve done this hundreds of times... it shouldn’t be hard” thought Impervious as he was elbowing his way through the crowd. “Hi... I’m bipolar! Nah... I can’t say that (he chuckled)... maybe she won’t get the joke!”

Impervious’s mind was racing against time because he was almost there. Large group of happy bachelors was blocking his way. When he finally reached the spot where she stood just a minute ago he disappointedly looked around, but she was gone, and then he spotted something on the table. Letters cpb were written on what looked like a business card. When he turned it over there were four columns of, what seamed to be, random words.

n1348292115_170979_1777.jpg

*******...declined..laicized..pacifist

abatable..drawling..lambdoid..rocketed

applauds..gabfests..maleness..scanning

backchat..idleness..nobbiest..waitress

bioplasm..implying..optimist...*******

He started rummaging through his pockets to find a paper and a misplaced pen.

10 minutes latter Impervious read the message that cpb left for him to find. He stretched his face into a big smile and just said “Right on!”

What did the message say? ;)

No math, anagrams, funny stuff just simply figuring out how to put those words together with the help of the picture on the card. Oh and cpb stands for Cute Psycho Bunny!

:D

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

going by this i think we need to anagram those 2 words

No no anagrams! :lol:

[b][i]i[/i][/b] r
[b][i][u]o[/u][/i][/b] [u]a[/u]
[b][i]p[/i][/b] w
[b][i][u]l[/u][/i][/b] [u]l[/u]
[b][i]a[/i][/b] i
[b][i][u]s[/u][/i][/b] [u]n[/u]
[b][i]m[/i][/b] g

[i][b]or[/b][/i]

[b][i]b[/i][/b] d
[b][i][u]i[/u][/i][/b] [u]r[/u]
[b][i]o[/i][/b] q
[b][i][u]p[/u][/i][/b] [u]w[/u]
[b][i]l[/i][/b] l
[b][i][u]a[/u][/i][/b] [u]i[/u]
[b][i]s[/i][/b] n
[b][i][u]m[/u][/i][/b] [u]g[/u]
[b][i][u]b[/u][/i][/b]	[u]d[/u]

Great idea, this is what I originally had in mind for the riddle and I have given up on this idea. I said BIOPLASM and DRAWLING don't participate in the message but in the arrangement of the message

;) ;) ;)

Something odd comes from my mind:

I am playing bowling ?

It's not odd but it ain't right either ;)

Oh... Impervious you won't be finding out any time soon what to do :P

Edited by andromeda

Declined ~ Backchat

Rocketed ~ Implying

Abatable ~ Optimist

Waitress ~ Pacifist

Lambdoid ~ Laicized

Idleness ~ Applauds

Nobbiest ~ Scanning

Gabfests ~ Maleness

not 100% sure about a couple of them (they could be switched) but I think this is what you meant about ambigous....

Edited by SqueakyToy

Backchat * Declined

Idleness * Rocketed

Optimist * Abatable

Pacifist * Waitress

Laicized * Lambdoid

Applauds * Implying

Scanning * Nobbiest

Maleness * Gabfests

Zipped up gives:

Backchat

Declined

Idleness

Rocketed

Optimist

Abatable

Pacifist

Waitress

Laicized

Lambdoid

Applauds

Implying

Scanning

Nobbiest

Maleness

Gabfests

where I can read: Cinema Friday Nine

Declined Backchat

Backchat... Declined

Rocketed... Implying

Implying... Rocketed

Abatable... Optimist

Optimist... Abatable

Waitress... Pacifist

Pacifist... Waitress

Lambdoid... Laicized

Laicized... Lambdoid

Idleness... Applauds

Applauds... Idleness

Nobbiest... Scanning

Scanning... Nobbiest

Gabfests... Maleness

Maleness... Gabfests

Tried making sense of puzzle the pink mixed up wrong but finally I think I figured it out - fingers crossed.

BackChat

DeclIned

IdleNess

RockEted

OptiMist

AbatAble

PaciFist

WaitRess

LaicIzed

LambDoid

ApplAuds

ImplYing

ScanNing

NobbIest

MaleNess

GabfEsts

Cinema Friday Nine

Edited by SqueakyToy

Backchat * Declined

Idleness * Rocketed

Optimist * Abatable

Pacifist * Waitress

Laicized * Lambdoid

Applauds * Implying

Scanning * Nobbiest

Maleness * Gabfests

Zipped up gives:

Backchat

Declined

Idleness

Rocketed

Optimist

Abatable

Pacifist

Waitress

Laicized

Lambdoid

Applauds

Implying

Scanning

Nobbiest

Maleness

Gabfests

where I can read: Cinema Friday Nine

Yeah... :)

Tried making sense of puzzle the pink mixed up wrong but finally I think I figured it out - fingers crossed.

BackChat

DeclIned

IdleNess

RockEted

OptiMist

AbatAble

PaciFist

WaitRess

LaicIzed

LambDoid

ApplAuds

ImplYing

ScanNing

NobbIest

MaleNess

GabfEsts

Cinema Friday Nine

Welcome to the Den! :)

Yes you are both correct! :D

Wow... you both made it look simple, bravo! My final "solution" is more complicated :blush: because it looks more like a zipper, hence the stars! ;) But in the end you were both thinking simple, nice thinking! Here's my complicated zipper! ;)

Backchat

*denilceD

Idleness*

*detekcoR

Optimist*

*elbatabA

Pacifist*

*ssertiaW

Laicized*

*diodbmaL

Applauds*

*gniylpmI

Scanning*

*tseibboN

Maleness*

.stsefbaG

:)

Edited by andromeda

Yeah... :)

Wow... you both made it look simple, bravo! My final "solution" is more complicated :blush: because it looks more like a zipper, hence the stars! ;) But in the end you were both thinking simple, nice thinking! Here's my complicated zipper! ;)

Backchat

*denilceD

Idleness*

*detekcoR

Optimist*

*elbatabA

Pacifist*

*ssertiaW

Laicized*

*diodbmaL

Applauds*

*gniylpmI

Scanning*

*tseibboN

Maleness*

.stsefbaG

:)

OK what movie> ;)

And thank you to those that figure out what I'm supposed to do :D

Does anyone else find it odd that this CPB person would have riddle cards on hand for meeting guys in bars? Sure it weeds out the dim-witted, but don't the high profile psychos turn out to be good at this sort of thing? (no offense, SqueakyToy)

Use caution, bunny. ;)

Does anyone else find it odd that this CPB person would have riddle cards on hand for meeting guys in bars? Sure it weeds out the dim-witted, but don't the high profile psychos turn out to be good at this sort of thing? (no offense, SqueakyToy)

Use caution, bunny. ;)

A bit odd indeed, but said main character of this story is highly intrigued with the mind that can come up with such a thing :)

Use caution, bunny. ;)

We all have cards as part of membership - you may need to contact admin about that

Use caution, bunny. ;)

CPB (Cute Psycho Bunny) knows martial arts and is moderately paranoid and she’s no naive. It's the date that should watch out :lol:

Here is the rest of the story:

Cpb was annoyed to go on dates and talk with guys that would bore her to death. So she thought of a riddle to hand over to guys that would ask her out. Same riddle every time. She was going clubbing every Friday anyway and passing by that cinema theater called simply “Cinema” every week. Nobody ever showed up until...

;)

Two guys did actually at the same time... something cpb wasn’t expecting really. :lol: (Technically Impervious didn’t solve that riddle :rolleyes: )

She would never expect two guys waiting in front of the theater... :o:huh:

Nice work guys :D

I hope you liked this one ;)

CPB (Cute Psycho Bunny) knows martial arts and is moderately paranoid and she’s no naive. It's the date that should watch out :lol:

Here is the rest of the story:

Cpb was annoyed to go on dates and talk with guys that would bore her to death. So she thought of a riddle to hand over to guys that would ask her out. Same riddle every time. She was going clubbing every Friday anyway and passing by that cinema theater called simply “Cinema” every week. Nobody ever showed up until...

;)

Two guys did actually at the same time... something cpb wasn’t expecting really. :lol: (Technically Impervious didn’t solve that riddle :rolleyes: )

She would never expect two guys waiting in front of the theater... :o:huh:

Nice work guys :D

I hope you liked this one ;)

Nice one! andromeda.