BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

After an exhausting day at work Impervious went downtown to an opening of a new bar with some of his coworkers.

It was as usual when a new booze station is being opened. The new place was packed with people buzzing around. It was a mixed crowd, few remotely familiar faces, cute waitresses, alcohol galore... everything that Impervious had seen countless times before.

He was slowly sipping his drink, checking his wristwatch, undisturbed by the surrounding crowd until he noticed her, cute brunette wearing a pink T-shirt with a picture of a bunny wearing a straitjacket. Their eyes met for two seconds... she smiled and turned her head to continue the conversation with her friends.

He had an immediate urge to meet this girl. Her smile encouraged him and he started thinking of an approach strategy. “I’ve done this hundreds of times... it shouldn’t be hard” thought Impervious as he was elbowing his way through the crowd. “Hi... I’m bipolar! Nah... I can’t say that (he chuckled)... maybe she won’t get the joke!”

Impervious’s mind was racing against time because he was almost there. Large group of happy bachelors was blocking his way. When he finally reached the spot where she stood just a minute ago he disappointedly looked around, but she was gone, and then he spotted something on the table. Letters cpb were written on what looked like a business card. When he turned it over there were four columns of, what seamed to be, random words.

n1348292115_170979_1777.jpg

*******...declined..laicized..pacifist

abatable..drawling..lambdoid..rocketed

applauds..gabfests..maleness..scanning

backchat..idleness..nobbiest..waitress

bioplasm..implying..optimist...*******

He started rummaging through his pockets to find a paper and a misplaced pen.

10 minutes latter Impervious read the message that cpb left for him to find. He stretched his face into a big smile and just said “Right on!”

What did the message say? ;)

No math, anagrams, funny stuff just simply figuring out how to put those words together with the help of the picture on the card. Oh and cpb stands for Cute Psycho Bunny!

:D

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i noticed
that there r only 4 words that arnt in plural form they r

backchat

bioplasm

lambdoid(which is pink) and

pacifist

dont know if this means any thing or not but i hope it does

is one of those aor two a word were looking for?

so...
does the cpb on the picture mean any thing?

question

Only it's color and the fact that it's placed on the right side from the zipper

;) It's an acronym of my custom title cute psycho bunny.

i noticed
that there r only 4 words that arnt in plural form they r

backchat

bioplasm

lambdoid(which is pink) and

pacifist

dont know if this means any thing or not but i hope it does

One of those words is the word that is important to start with but the plural forms have nothing to do with it!

:)

I forgot to include your first post it's a no. :)

Edited by andromeda

we start on the word lambdoid, and we have to do something related to "right"?

every letter in the words are repeated at least once (b is used more than once, k is used more than once...). Does that have anything to do with the riddle?

:P

we start on the word lambdoid, and we have to do something related to "right"?

No :)

every letter in the words are repeated at least once (b is used more than once, k is used more than once...). Does that have anything to do with the riddle?

No :) Check spoiler!

Well I'm gonna have to say that the important word is...

lambdoid cause it's pink...plus I have no clue what it means, so it must be special

;)

<(^-^)>

No :)

Pink is only there so there wouldn't be any AMBIGUITY! Everyone has ignored this hint so far

:(
Edited by andromeda

your hint is ambiguous!

Oh, Andromeda, you've done it again...4 pages and all I've learnt is that the zipper is important :lol:

So...do we start on the word pacifist then? I'm guessing we start on either pacifist or bioplasm since they are on the corners, and you mentioned something about it being important that cpb is on the right side of the zipper...or am I jumping to weird conclusions again?

Oh, Andromeda, you've done it again...4 pages and all I've learnt is that the zipper is important :lol:

So...do we start on the word pacifist then? I'm guessing we start on either pacifist or bioplasm since they are on the corners, and you mentioned something about it being important that cpb is on the right side of the zipper...or am I jumping to weird conclusions again?

your hint is ambiguous!

Where the words are placed in the columns is absolutely NOT important! Cpb is related to pink words SO THERE WOULD BE NO AMBIGUITY!!!!! Two words are odd FIND THEM that's the place to start!

Where the words are placed in the columns is absolutely NOT important! Cpb is related to pink words SO THERE WOULD BE NO AMBIGUITY!!!!! Two words are odd FIND THEM that's the place to start!

So.....another puzzler....thanks...

so my question.....

Is it more frustrating or funny, watching us try and get the problems get right up to the solution and then tack away into the ether?

:D

ok you want two odd words

bioplasm and lambdoid are the only words and about the human body.

abatable and laicized are the only words with four vowels

OK

I decided to reveal one of the words (check spoiler) that some of you already mentioned, but again wrong criteria. Those two words are odd for a particular reason that is important for the solution!

Of course in the end *slams forehead* when the riddle was done and I was ready to post I had to make some words PURPLE to avoid ambiguity!

Hahaha... that's the one! :D

yay! Thanks! Had you not said that, I think i might have started doing -> *bangs head against desk*. A lot. :P

Is the next word lambdoid? (only word with a b and d) And I'm very tempted to say that Impervious should find you on BD...Bioplasm, Drawling...

;)

yay! Thanks! Had you not said that, I think i might have started doing -> *bangs head against desk*. A lot. :P

Is the next word lambdoid? (only word with a b and d) And I'm very tempted to say that Impervious should find you on BD...Bioplasm, Drawling...

;)

No...

now you have to think about what those two words are for and why I keep mentioning ambiguity!

:rolleyes: Just check the list with the words and try to think why oh why are they purple and why some other words are not! ;)
Edited by andromeda

No...
now you have to think about what those two words are for and why I keep mentioning ambiguity!
:rolleyes: Just check the list with the words and try to think why oh why are they purple and why some other words are not! ;)

is it a coincidence that the two words are next to pink words? And do the seven letters have something to do with the seven letters that surround the two pink words (up, down, left, right?)

:P oh, and I still don't know what you mean by ambiguity <_<

is it a coincidence that the two words are next to pink words? YES

And do the seven letters have something to do with the seven letters that surround the two pink words (up, down, left, right?) NO and there are no seven letters just seven stars that STAY stars!

:P oh, and I still don't know what you mean by ambiguity <_< Why are those words pink and not some others! ;)

Check spoiler! :)

which direction to start unzipping?

No unzipping! You need to ZIP UP!

:lol:;)

And I repeat those pink letters are only pink because I made an error that I had to fix, hence the pink letters. I was avoiding ambiguity! ;)

Edited by andromeda

So this is my first brain teaser.....I've divided the words into two columns (see spoiler)

At the moment I have the words split into 2 columns, but they don't make sense to me now, or when "zippered".

bioplasm..drawling

gabfests..implying

laicized..lambdoid

nobbiest..pacifist

rocketed..waitress

applauds..backchat

declined..idleness

maleness..optimist

abatable..scanning

*******..*******

They're divided that way based on how many letters within the word are repeated, as well as how many times. I then alphebetized the list because the pink words all end up on the right of the "zipper", just as cpb does in the picture.

Am I anywhere near the right track?

Are all the words used in the final message?

Why is the number of stars (7) important if we aren't supposed to pick the words apart?

-Is it just because technically there are 7 characters repeated? (The most)

Check spoiler! :)

No unzipping! You need to ZIP UP!

:lol:;)

And I repeat those pink letters are only pink because I made an error that I had to fix, hence the pink letters. I was avoiding ambiguity! ;)

you avoided it very well.

Ok, so are the colored letters meant to point out "look, I made a mistake right here, but it's not a big deal" or "look, there was a mistake here, but I fixed it, but if you figure out what the mistake was it will certainly reduce the overall ambiguity of this puzzle?" or... you lost me at bioplasm...

So this is my first brain teaser.....I've divided the words into two columns (see spoiler)

At the moment I have the words split into 2 columns, but they don't make sense to me now, or when "zippered".

bioplasm..drawling

gabfests..implying

laicized..lambdoid

nobbiest..pacifist

rocketed..waitress

applauds..backchat

declined..idleness

maleness..optimist

abatable..scanning

*******..*******

They're divided that way based on how many letters within the word are repeated, as well as how many times. I then alphebetized the list because the pink words all end up on the right of the "zipper", just as cpb does in the picture. The pink words are on the right side but not at the right place and you use abc at the very end not here.

Am I anywhere near the right track? After you read this I think you will be ;)

Are all the words used in the final message? No... those words need the stars ;)

Why is the number of stars (7) important if we aren't supposed to pick the words apart? Good question the two words that are not involved in the message need those stars as said in the previous sentence ;)

-Is it just because technically there are 7 characters repeated? (The most)

I removed the quote tags so you could reply on this message ;) Check the spoiler!

EDIT: Welcome to the Den! :)

Edited by andromeda

we're just re-arranging the words to be on either side of the zipper, then read it, which is essentially the message?
:huh:

Nope ST

you need to zip them up and then read the message! That picture is there for a good reason!

Can I just double confirm?

are bioplasm and drawling?

:huh:

Yes Woon ;)

[b][i]i[/i][/b] r
[b][i][u]o[/u][/i][/b] [u]a[/u]
[b][i]p[/i][/b] w
[b][i][u]l[/u][/i][/b] [u]l[/u]
[b][i]a[/i][/b] i
[b][i][u]s[/u][/i][/b] [u]n[/u]
[b][i]m[/i][/b] g