BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

After an exhausting day at work Impervious went downtown to an opening of a new bar with some of his coworkers.

It was as usual when a new booze station is being opened. The new place was packed with people buzzing around. It was a mixed crowd, few remotely familiar faces, cute waitresses, alcohol galore... everything that Impervious had seen countless times before.

He was slowly sipping his drink, checking his wristwatch, undisturbed by the surrounding crowd until he noticed her, cute brunette wearing a pink T-shirt with a picture of a bunny wearing a straitjacket. Their eyes met for two seconds... she smiled and turned her head to continue the conversation with her friends.

He had an immediate urge to meet this girl. Her smile encouraged him and he started thinking of an approach strategy. “I’ve done this hundreds of times... it shouldn’t be hard” thought Impervious as he was elbowing his way through the crowd. “Hi... I’m bipolar! Nah... I can’t say that (he chuckled)... maybe she won’t get the joke!”

Impervious’s mind was racing against time because he was almost there. Large group of happy bachelors was blocking his way. When he finally reached the spot where she stood just a minute ago he disappointedly looked around, but she was gone, and then he spotted something on the table. Letters cpb were written on what looked like a business card. When he turned it over there were four columns of, what seamed to be, random words.

n1348292115_170979_1777.jpg

*******...declined..laicized..pacifist

abatable..drawling..lambdoid..rocketed

applauds..gabfests..maleness..scanning

backchat..idleness..nobbiest..waitress

bioplasm..implying..optimist...*******

He started rummaging through his pockets to find a paper and a misplaced pen.

10 minutes latter Impervious read the message that cpb left for him to find. He stretched his face into a big smile and just said “Right on!”

What did the message say? ;)

No math, anagrams, funny stuff just simply figuring out how to put those words together with the help of the picture on the card. Oh and cpb stands for Cute Psycho Bunny!

:D

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

the starred words are 7 letters long

:o

a - 0

a - 1

b - 0

b - 2

d - 0

d - 2

g - 2

i - 0

i - 1

does this have any significance, or should I lower the amount of caffeine I'm taking? :huh:

Also, most words can be divided into 2 words. Is that a coincidence?

Hmmm... I noticed the words go in alphabetical order by columns, could this be important? :huh:

Well... I had to arrange the words somehow...

but the ABC will be important as the LAST step! So don't think about it right now.

;)

are in alphabetical order and have 8 letters. Dunno what this means yet..

Also, I think the zipper could be like, symbolizing to divide or split something into two parts, and then later bring it back together?

Right on! :D

the starred words are 7 letters long
:o

a - 0

a - 1

b - 0

b - 2

d - 0

d - 2

g - 2

i - 0

i - 1

does this have any significance, or should I lower the amount of caffeine I'm taking? :huh:

Also, most words can be divided into 2 words. Is that a coincidence?

Dunno what the numbers mean..

Stars are important, nice thinking and yes it's significant that there are only 7 of them. It's a coincidence that the words can be divided...

:)

Dunno what the numbers mean..
Stars are important, nice thinking and yes it's significant that there are only 7 of them. It's a coincidence that the words can be divided...

The answer's go-to-andromeda! Science finally did something good for me...

;)

I'm guessing the pink words lead to the pink stars, and the black ones lead to the black stars?

The answer's go-to-andromeda! Science finally did something good for me...
;)

:huh: <_<

I'm guessing the pink words lead to the pink stars, and the black ones lead to the black stars?

Hint

Pink words are there so there wouldn't be ambiguity

;) and yes pink words are leading to pink letters on the card and stars do matter!

so to get some things straight. pink words to pink stars, black words to black stars. important that theres only 7 stars. ABC order matters but not til the end. my question is...does whats on the card give you the actual message or a like a riddle to the message?

so to get some things straight.
pink words to pink stars, black words to black stars. important that theres only 7 stars. ABC order matters but not til the end. my question is...does whats on the card give you the actual message or a like a riddle to the message?

USE SPOILERS ;) Don't apologize, it'll take some time to get used to it. ;)

And you are not quite correct on the pink v black! This time I cut the riddle shorter. Message that you'll read is the actual message that will tell Impervious what to do

Edited by andromeda

Ok so the words seem to split up into smaller words. The last column seems to be the only where where they all become smaller words of the same size though.

last column: fist, rock, scan and wait

third column: lamb, male, mist

(laicized and nobbiest don't shorten)

second column: line, draw, fest, idle

(implying shortens into 'ply' or 'imp', but not a four letter word)

first column: able, laud, back (or chat)

(bioplasm splits into plasm I suppose)

Is this on the right track?

there are 16 pink letters and 16 black words? Are we looking for a correlation between them?

No

the pink words are there so there wouldn't be ambiguity and the pink cpb is there to tell you what to do

Ok so the words seem to split up into smaller words. The last column seems to be the only where where they all become smaller words of the same size though.

last column: fist, rock, scan and wait

third column: lamb, male, mist

(laicized and nobbiest don't shorten)

second column: line, draw, fest, idle

(implying shortens into 'ply' or 'imp', but not a four letter word)

first column: able, laud, back (or chat)

(bioplasm splits into plasm I suppose)

Is this on the right track?

Nice thinking but no

however there are two words that are odd and important to start aligning the words.

C, P, or B are in the words except for

1) drawling

2) idleness

3) maleness

4) waitress

Am I going somewhat on the right track?

C, P, or B are in the words except for

1) drawling

2) idleness

3) maleness

4) waitress

Am I going somewhat on the right track?

Wrong criteria... ;)

They work by interlocking teeth from either side alternately. So to "unzip" a word like declined:

d  c  i  e

e  l  n  d

Is that the direction you're heading?

OMG :lol:

That was my initial idea that I have abandoned and instead did something different. Cause I thought that making the riddle that way would be to hard...

:) Use the entire words. No butchering! :D Nice thinking and the interlocking part is correct! And you don't need to unzip! ;)
Edited by andromeda

Wrong criteria... ;)

OMG :lol:

That was my initial idea that I have abandoned and instead did something different. Cause I thought that making the riddle that way would be to hard...

:) Use the entire words. No butchering! :D Nice thinking and the interlocking part is correct! And you don't need to unzip! ;)

HA! :P

you've been leaning a little more toward literal than lateral. I've noticed that your pictures are generally instructions on the mechanics of the puzzle.

So even though I'm not exactly there, congratulations for getting me back inside the box, so to speak!