BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Things you learn from tv/movies

-The dorky best friend of the hero is always obssessed with he/she and makes many "suddle" advances, yet the hero never notices.

-The incredibly crude(yet sensitive :blink: )guy always wins the heart of the prude.

-The man/woman who is engaged realizes they are madly in love with another while at the same time realizes every single flaw of their fiance........the DAY of the wedding

-FINALLY, when the villain has the hero surrounded with no way out, instead of simply telling the masses of armed bad guys to shoot at the hero, the villain says, "WAIT! He is mine." then a fight to the death(well, to the villain's death). YAY HERO!!

• 3 weeks later...

no matter how fast your run and how slow the deranged killer behind you runs he will always be the same distance behind you, and no matter how far away he is he will always catch up.

the bad guy is always the person you least expect.

no matter what the situation is you always find an exit or the tools to make one.

the bad guy always lives

there is alway a idiot.(not the usual 3 or 4).

Edited by G3HR1G

The minor character that dies in the beginning of the movie will have last words that mean absolutely nothing at the moment, but are really the key to defeating the villain.

If you are calling somebody, the phone must ring at least three times before somebody picks it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Notice how in slasher movies, they always start off with large amount of characters so they can kill them all off. And if some one's name is not mentioned, or only their first name, that means they will also be killed off. And IMPORTANT: The characters NEVER stop to go to the bathroom!

Edited by NickFleming

Also: Reinforcements often if not always encounter difficulties on the way there. I found one exception to your thing arch: LOTR Return of the King Something along the lines of: "You're late." "A wizard is never late, but arrives just when he is needed." (Someone forgot to set their alarm clock)

I found one exception to your thing arch: LOTR Return of the King Something along the lines of: "You're late." "A wizard is never late, but arrives just when he is needed." (Someone forgot to set their alarm clock)

The actual line is:

A wizard is never late. He arrives precisely when he means to.

-----

*If there is a very important item that cannot ever be lost or the mission would fail, there will always be a point where the characters believe it has fallen into enemy hands.

*If you are trapped somewhere and forced to work or do training, the kind of work/training you are forced to do will help tremendously in your captor's defeat.

*If you come to a hall with 2 doors, and the pretty girl advises to go one way, go the other way. The villain will always be right behind the door she picks.

Props if you can name the movie, game, and show (respectively) that I directly got these out of.

(the second one fits Iron Man, but it's not what that is based off of)

Is the second one when Princess Leia strangles Jabba the Hutt with her chains?

Makes some sense, but no. (See, these do apply in a lot of movies.)

Hint->that one was gotten from a game. The first one from a movie, and the last one from a cartoon.

Second one made me think of Angus. I don't quite remember it, but he is taken captive and forced to work as a slave, and that ends up making him stronger or something like that. But Angus is a book. Since you're talking about a game, I have no idea.

if your mother is dead... you are the spitting image of her.

a scene that is mandatory in "follow your dreams" movies:

mom: daughter? why do you want to dance? why do you want to quit medical school?

daughter: it's what i want, mom.

mom: but med school was your dream?

daughter: no, mom... it was YOUR dream

The first one should be quite easy, my mind doesn't switch trails very fast...

Also, just realized that many games use the "train players for the final battle" tactic. The one I was thinking of was one where:

*the saddest part of the game was training for the main goal of the boss battle

*all but one major game concept appeared during your escape to the boss battle, and that part was stepped up a huge notch and was the 2nd part of the boss battle.

Anyway:

-anything seemingly completely innocent (like a child's song) is actually coded instructions for something crucial.

-aliens exist, and 50% of our nation's debt is spent keeping that fact covered up.

-'close' or 'end' as part of a riddle always refers to death.

-a 6-shot revolver can fire about 10 times before it runs out.

(sorry if any of these or similar ones have been posted before)

In firefights, the heroes will most always miraculously dodge absolutely every single bullet, and if they do get hit its not that big of a deal, while every single one of their bullets hit and instantly kill someone.

Edited by NickFleming

No matter how many people are in the battlefield, the hero and the villain always end up alone for the final battle. And the hero always wins before (or right after) his friends notice that he's gone.

Back a little bit more to lessons from TV

Never split up when you find an old decrepit house or futuristic-looking research facility/military base. Also applies to caves. :unsure:

Edited by NickFleming