BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Some riddles

Question

Sorry in advance if these are posted on here already. I took a quick look and didn't see any of them so here goes...

1) A woman gave birth to two girls an hour apart on the same day of the same month of the same year, but the boys were not twins. How can this be?

2) There are 5 paths through the woods. You can walk 100 feet down path 1, Path 2 and 3 are equal, Path 4 you can walk 200 feet down, and path 5 is 1/2 the size of path 1. The shortest path is 50 feet. How many paths can you walk down 50 feet?

3) The city of Dorkus passed an ordinance that nobody living within the city limits can be buried in the local cemetary. It costs thousands of dollars more to be buried in the next closest cemetery, but nobody complained about the ordinace. Why?

3 answers to this question

Sorry in advance if these are posted on here already. I took a quick look and didn't see any of them so here goes...

1) A woman gave birth to two girls an hour apart on the same day of the same month of the same year, but the boys [sic] were not twins. How can this be?

triplets

2) There are 5 paths through the woods. You can walk 100 feet down path 1, Path 2 and 3 are equal, Path 4 you can walk 200 feet down, and path 5 is 1/2 the size of path 1.

The shortest path is 50 feet. How many paths can you walk down 50 feet?

all 5

3) The city of Dorkus passed an ordinance that nobody living within the city limits can be buried in the local cemetary.

It costs thousands of dollars more to be buried in the next closest cemetery, but nobody complained about the ordinace.

Why?

most living people don't want to be buried, and most dead people don't complain

1) A woman gave birth to two girls an hour apart on the same day of the same month of the same year, but the boys were not twins. How can this be?

2) There are 5 paths through the woods. You can walk 100 feet down path 1, Path 2 and 3 are equal, Path 4 you can walk 200 feet down, and path 5 is 1/2 the size of path 1. The shortest path is 50 feet. How many paths can you walk down 50 feet?

3) The city of Dorkus passed an ordinance that nobody living within the city limits can be buried in the local cemetary. It costs thousands of dollars more to be buried in the next closest cemetery, but nobody complained about the ordinace. Why?

1. triplets or quadruplets or quintuplets or hextuplets or heptuplets or octuplets or whatever lol

2. path one: 100 ft

path two=path three

path four: 200 ft

path five: 50 ft

It is either one (path 5) or three (paths 5,2,3)

*smacks head*

oops! You can walk down ALL of them 50 ft! Hehe that nearly got me! <!-- s:mrgreen: --><!-- s:mrgreen: --> nice one!

3. he city of Dorkus passed an ordinance that nobody living within the city limits can be buried

Somebody who's alive can't be buried (or at least shouldnt be)

I love how I changed gender of the kids mid riddle on #1. That wasn't intentional.

You guys got em.

The girls/boys were part of a multiple set.

You can go 50' down all of the paths.

Living people don't generally get buried.