BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

You have the chance to take your room in the "Masters Plaza", a hotel in which 5 masters (5 of the most intelligent people who ever lived) are present. The hotel consists of 5 rooms and a small restaurant that contains 5 tables. Each master has a rank which shows his level of thinking with respect to the whole group. The master with the first rank is said to be the head master, and he is not you. Rooms, as well as tables, are successively numbered from 1 to 5 in a way that each master lives in a room and eats on a table different in number from his rank. To avoid confrontation, masters with successive ranks are neither allowed to live in rooms next to each other nor to eat on tables next to each other. The four present masters are: Albert Einstein, Galileo Galilei, Hassan Issa and Archimedes. To have your room in the Plaza, you just have to know your rank, table number and room number knowing that:

Archimedes doesn't eat on the fifth table.

Einstein is not the head master.

Archimedes has exactly the middle rank between Hassan and You.

Einstein is more intelligent than Archimedes.

Galileo eats on a table next to that of Einstein.

Hassan does not eat on a table with the same number as his room number.

4 answers to this question

I'm obviously ranked 5, I'll be seated at table #3, and I'll reside in room #4 (right next to the ice maker, I'm sure)

:mad:
Or I'm wrong and they turned me away!

edit: if it's right, I'm lucky. The logic is off :huh:

Edited by Grayven