BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

It was an early Christmas morning. Kat walked slowly into her brother’s room and woke him up by smearing some snow on his face.

“Kat! Stop it!” Liam yelled half amused, half annoyed.

“Wake up sleepy. It’s time to see what Santa put under the Christmas three”, said Kat laughing.

“Yeah... right... Santa...” added Liam sarcastically as he ran down stairs into the living room.

He greeted his parents with “Merry Christmas!!” immediately diving under the Christmas tree, looking at the name tags on the wrappers.

“Found it!” Liam shouted half excited, half disappointed.

He was holding an envelope and looking at Kat.

“This is the special present that you prepared for me? I hope it’s not one of your poems again...” said Liam rolling his eyes...

“Oh... just open it” Kat was clapping.

When Liam opened the envelope, the content puzzled him.

intersection.jpgn1348292115_165998_3242.jpg

. I . . . . .II. . . . III. . . . IV

uplink . . spring . . thorow . . mutual

scaled . . tamped . . sawing . . winter

potman . . varify . . xylite . . embalm

hiding . . whines . . thorns . . sharks

sealed . . ratoon . . chilly

citrus . . mistle

encave . . zapped

upload . . idioms

zephyr

gadded

“It’s a riddle!” announced Kat with a big grin.

Liam produced a big smile and took a pen.

“Hahaha... citrus!” *

Thirty seconds later, he jumped up, ran in their parent’s bedroom and came back with his present.

“Thanks Kat! I enjoyed that one minute solving your riddle, and by the rattling that I hear from this box, I’ll enjoy playing this game too!” said Liam and sat down to open the rest of his presents while Kat was still standing startled, convinced that she shouldn’t have put the second picture in the envelope, because it was a total give away!

Can you find Liam’s present?

No math

No counting

No anagrams

No synonyms

No adding letters

No deducting letters

Dots are only there to add space between the columns !

* He said that because limeliam (10 year old BD member, this is about him and his sister Kat, also a member) likes limes ;)

Think simple!

Have fun :)

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

...after mulling this over for a while, the only pattern I've been able to find for the words in the columns is that each word only shares one common letter with the word above or below it...so I started at the top of each column and tried lining up the words so that their common letters are aligned...the only thing I could see after doing that is that the last column has the word "ARMS" going vertically...am I on the right track? Is this why picture of the signs are intersecting at the same letter?

...after mulling this over for a while, the only pattern I've been able to find for the words in the columns is that each word only shares one common letter with the word above or below it...so I started at the top of each column and tried lining up the words so that their common letters are aligned...the only thing I could see after doing that is that the last column has the word "ARMS" going vertically...am I on the right track? Is this why picture of the signs are intersecting at the same letter?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you... It's exactly that! You just didn't read carefully USE A PEN! :D

NO ALIGNING!

Edited by andromeda

OK! A hint

Once you find out what LANDSCAPE PAINTED WITH TEA is, no more words just pure logic... why did Liam go straight away in his parents bedroom?!

:)

A landscape painted with tea makes me think of a painting hanging on the wall, and maybe the sea is painted reflecting the sunset, what gives it the color of some tea...

So maybe Liam remembered this painting hanging on the wall of his parents´ room and went there in a rush to look behind it!

"Landscape painted with tea" is what we get from the six letter column words.

This is the title of a book by Serbian author Milorad Pavic. Do the parents have a copy in their bedroom and the present was hidden with it??

This is the title of a book by Serbian author Milorad Pavic. Do the parents have a copy in their bedroom and the present was hidden with it??

Makes perfect sense since Andromeda is from Serbia...

Yes

that's the book (no copies

;)) think about it... Kat could have picked any book from the bookshelf but she picked this particular one and it has nothing to do with the book title anymore - LOGIC! ;)

Liam once spilled tea in his parents bedroom, which left a stain that they had to move the bed over to cover? Thus meaning that the game was under the bed? No? Darn...
:(

Nice try :D

Oh heck...

where do you put the book when you read it before bed time?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by andromeda

Inside the bedside table drawer?

Yeah...

well my idea was just to say that the book was hidden inside the nightstand

;) but this works too!

:lol:
Mom or Dad must have been reading the book. That probably would have been easier to see if we had gotten there quicker.
Ok, stop making "easy" riddles, we're not capable of thinking simple!

That's exactly what I was thinking - I'll make a hard riddle next time because you can't think simple :lol:;)

I already have an idea for 5 and 6... ;) Simple though <_<

The Solution! :)

intersection.jpgn1348292115_165998_3242.jpg

. I . . . . .II. . . . III. . . . IV

uplink . . spring . . thorow . . mutual

scaled . . tamped . . sawing . . winter

potman . . varify . . xylite . . embalm

hiding . . whines . . thorns . . sharks

sealed . . ratoon . . chilly

citrus . . mistle

encave . . zapped

upload . . idioms

zephyr

gadded

...after mulling this over for a while, the only pattern I've been able to find for the words in the columns is that each word only shares one common letter with the word above or below it...

...LANDSCAPE PAINTED WITH TEA

This is the title of a book by Serbian author Milorad Pavic.

Inside the bedside table drawer?

As for the pictures the first one is clearly and intersection and you have written GREY ROAD GREY ROAD that clearly indicates SAME LETTERS and the second picture was indicating ONE LETTER (the heart - well it made sense at the time I made that riddle

;) ) at the point where two neighboring words intersect... :huh: Yeah I know :lol: a bit far fetched, but I still think that the first picture was a good clue!

The book Landscape Painted With Tea mixes the forms of novel and crossword puzzle!

:D

:)

Edited by andromeda