BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

It was an early Christmas morning. Kat walked slowly into her brother’s room and woke him up by smearing some snow on his face.

“Kat! Stop it!” Liam yelled half amused, half annoyed.

“Wake up sleepy. It’s time to see what Santa put under the Christmas three”, said Kat laughing.

“Yeah... right... Santa...” added Liam sarcastically as he ran down stairs into the living room.

He greeted his parents with “Merry Christmas!!” immediately diving under the Christmas tree, looking at the name tags on the wrappers.

“Found it!” Liam shouted half excited, half disappointed.

He was holding an envelope and looking at Kat.

“This is the special present that you prepared for me? I hope it’s not one of your poems again...” said Liam rolling his eyes...

“Oh... just open it” Kat was clapping.

When Liam opened the envelope, the content puzzled him.

intersection.jpgn1348292115_165998_3242.jpg

. I . . . . .II. . . . III. . . . IV

uplink . . spring . . thorow . . mutual

scaled . . tamped . . sawing . . winter

potman . . varify . . xylite . . embalm

hiding . . whines . . thorns . . sharks

sealed . . ratoon . . chilly

citrus . . mistle

encave . . zapped

upload . . idioms

zephyr

gadded

“It’s a riddle!” announced Kat with a big grin.

Liam produced a big smile and took a pen.

“Hahaha... citrus!” *

Thirty seconds later, he jumped up, ran in their parent’s bedroom and came back with his present.

“Thanks Kat! I enjoyed that one minute solving your riddle, and by the rattling that I hear from this box, I’ll enjoy playing this game too!” said Liam and sat down to open the rest of his presents while Kat was still standing startled, convinced that she shouldn’t have put the second picture in the envelope, because it was a total give away!

Can you find Liam’s present?

No math

No counting

No anagrams

No synonyms

No adding letters

No deducting letters

Dots are only there to add space between the columns !

* He said that because limeliam (10 year old BD member, this is about him and his sister Kat, also a member) likes limes ;)

Think simple!

Have fun :)

• Answers 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

No...

No crossing!

:)

And it's not important what is the present!

The pictures are only a clue how to solve the riddle, but they are not indicating where the present is!

:( darn thought maybe i could solve a riddle!

Do the crossroads and the guy with the x-ray -like thing have to do with each other?

Hi! Don't forget to use spoilers! ;)

Hmm...fancy giving us a clue? (By the way Liam, expect a riddle for Christmas ;) No seriously...:D)

<(^-^)>

ok well in the OP it states that the second picture was the give away and apparently helped a 10-yearold solve this puzzle in 30 secs. both pictures seem to indicate and "X" or cross and i dont know about the letters

Do the crossroads and the guy with the x-ray -like thing have to do with each other?

Yes

ok well in the OP it states that the second picture was the give away and apparently helped a 10-yearold solve this puzzle in 30 secs. both pictures seem to indicate and "X" or cross and i dont know about the letters

What is a crossroad? Define that plus the clue on the second picture and you'll solve the riddle!

Hmm...I was thinking...

Means the heart of the word...although not sure what the "X"'s are for..

:unsure:

<(^-^)>

Where is that heart placed?

Liam needed a pen I'm sure we will too.

Hahahah... right on! :lol::P

Knowing Andromeda's puzzles, it won't be ;)

I got...

First Column: LI AL TM DI AL TR CA LO PH DD

Second column: RI MP RI IN TO ST PP IO

Third Column: OR WI LI OR IL

Fourth Column: TU NT BA AR

I don't think that worked :blink:

<(^-^)>

It will be after you include the first picture too as a clue!

Edited by andromeda

oh well gotta go hopefully this wont be solved by tomorrow :(

Knowing Andromeda's puzzles, it won't be ;)

I got...

First Column: LI AL TM DI AL TR CA LO PH DD

Second column: RI MP RI IN TO ST PP IO

Third Column: OR WI LI OR IL

Fourth Column: TU NT BA AR

I don't think that worked :blink:

<(^-^)>

10, 8, 5, and 4 words in them respectively. Makes me think columns I and III are related and II and IV are related somehow.
:huh:

They are all related. It's a phrase actually.

Would we be able to figure out that it's in Liam's parents' room without knowing where in the house the room is located?

HA!

No... and in the end after you crack the phrase you will still have to guess the location of the present

;)

Hmmmm...

if I would decide to tell you what the phrase represents, you wouldn't even have to crack it in order to guess where the present is

:lol:

Is it in the centre of the house then?

No Iz...

The pictures are only there to help you crack the phrase, they are not indicating where the present is hidden.

;)

<(^-^)>

It isn't...it's top floor, making up the back wall of the house. But I doubt Andromeda knew that
;)

How could I? But did I portray your brother-sister relationship in a proper manner? I have a younger sister so I know how it goes... the teasing and everything! ;)

well it seems to me that the crossroad picture is one that andromeda just found on the web, so in itself isnt important just what it represents. and the other picture it looks like the heart was drawn on afterwards, making me think that the heart is the important bit, and she just needed a picture with a cross on it. and finally the columns indicate letters in the word which are significant in some way.

is that pretty much a good sum up?

Okay, from the posting Katheleen did and using the pictures from andromeda, I came up with the words, limp liar ad then ddpplitu. don't know what that means but I think the limp and liar was right......... was it?