BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here is a series of riddles in the form of a story. When one riddle is solved, the next one will be added. Have fun :D

Mr. Greedy was walking down a beach with a metal detector hoping to find some small trinket that might be worth some money. He suddenly stopped as his alarm started to blare. He excitedly dropped to his knees and started to dig. What he found was unlike anything he had imagined. It was a piece of bamboo with a metal bottom and a cork inserted in the top. He brought it home quite frustrated after he had spent his saturday looking for a way to make money, and instead found this. Sighing, he decided to open it. Inside was a note

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

- Dave one two 59, 55.1 mins.

Intruged, he decided it was probably a riddle, and there just might be a lot of money at the end.

There are two hidden words in this riddle. Discover them and you have solved the riddle

Have fun! ;)

• Answers 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

the whole note is important

;) A little error i just noticed: To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The one two- can a?

go off of that one Every single word exept for one is important

Then why put "one" in if it's not important? An then you said the whole note is important? Or are you refering to a different word?

Sorry Skywalker, i didn't see your post at first. no, you do not have to go anywhere by racecar and kayak, and money is not one of the words. :)

I think he meant one of the words and not the word one, but I'm not sure.

Homonym, homonym, homonym, five, homonym. palindrome, palindrome homonym, homonym, seven. The homonym three- can palindrome?

- Dave homonym homonym 59, 55.1 mins

Now that makes it much clearerer

Edited by dedhed

Homonym, homonym, homonym, five, homonym. palindrome, palindrome homonym, homonym, seven. The homonym three- can palindrome?

- Dave homonym homonym 59, 55.1 minutes

does CAN have anything to do with it? and perhaps...

five-hundred and seventythree CANS

WHAT A STUPID GUESS...

57.3 is the second coordinate? If positive, it's in the middle of Russia; if negative (likely based on previous clues like the west coordinate wasn't given), it's somewhere off the coast of Quebec.

the words palindrome and homonym only go in the riddle once.

Homonym, five two. Palindrome, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

can is important to the word

CANada

CANada

Maybe there's a "pal in drome" in Canada?

CANada

vet fi-ve t-wo

So with one word being Canada, the other "word" is a coordinate consisting of the visible numerical half (59,55.1) and the other half being whats left over after messing with the palindromes etc, the numbers left are 52, 87.2312 as i have underlined? maybe its one massive coordinate consisting of the numbers 5287121259551. no idea where dots and commas should go to make any snse of it.

perhaps that completes the coordinate. is there another word? i dont know. whether or not mins means minutes or has any relavance at all is uncertain but unlikely as 59, 55.1 mins has been described as half of a coordinate possibly meaning that mins has nothing to do with it. unless it refers to minutes in circular terms.....

i only signed up because ive been watching this one and thought id have my say.....Kronus, drop some more hints cos its still unclear what were looking for. i know you said 2 words are hidden so why is there a coordinate? is it the other "word"?

Looks like the OP has abandoned this one which is a shame because he said that it was part of a series. I think he should have (still could?) helped out a bit more with this first one so that we could all have found out a little about his style of thought.

Oh well.....

Looks like the OP has abandoned this one which is a shame because he said that it was part of a series. I think he should have (still could?) helped out a bit more with this first one so that we could all have found out a little about his style of thought.

Oh well.....

Look out the window..... Outside of BD it's xmas