BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here is a series of riddles in the form of a story. When one riddle is solved, the next one will be added. Have fun :D

Mr. Greedy was walking down a beach with a metal detector hoping to find some small trinket that might be worth some money. He suddenly stopped as his alarm started to blare. He excitedly dropped to his knees and started to dig. What he found was unlike anything he had imagined. It was a piece of bamboo with a metal bottom and a cork inserted in the top. He brought it home quite frustrated after he had spent his saturday looking for a way to make money, and instead found this. Sighing, he decided to open it. Inside was a note

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

- Dave one two 59, 55.1 mins.

Intruged, he decided it was probably a riddle, and there just might be a lot of money at the end.

There are two hidden words in this riddle. Discover them and you have solved the riddle

Have fun! ;)

• Answers 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok - you said that canada is a "word". Could it refer to the definition of canada as in a dry riverbed or small, deep canyon?

Also, since you gave the North coordinate, 59 N is around Kingston, Jamaica. Therefore, should we be concentrating in the Caribbean area?

Ok, so I have been staring at this note for at least a couple hours total now and have yet to find anything. Not saying I'm any kind of genius and expect difficult answers to come to me out of thin air or anything. . . Are we looking for an actual word spelled out in the note like 'Canada' was? Or do we have to rearrange some letters? Or respell some of the homonyms?

Ok, so I have been staring at this note for at least a couple hours total now and have yet to find anything. Not saying I'm any kind of genius and expect difficult answers to come to me out of thin air or anything. . . Are we looking for an actual word spelled out in the note like 'Canada' was? Or do we have to rearrange some letters? Or respell some of the homonyms?

I don't think the second word is going to appear the same way canada did, at least from what Krornus has said so far. I think we either have to respell some homonyms, or possibly unscramble the palindromes. He said that the palindromes are involved in some way, but I'm not sure which way. Either you use them directly or they are a clue as to how to get the second word. Either way I don't even have a guess for the second word.

Ok. So the second word has to do with the palindromes AND with something grammatical.

The only thing I can think of is the usage of the different homophones like to, two, and too. Maybe if you turn one of those around as though it were a palindrome?

eg. two = owt (out)?????

I think we need another hint...

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

[spoiler='

There are a few words I found']Tot, Toot, Vet, Cart, Vent, Net

You and your TOT are in his CART when all of a sudden to you have to TOOT.

You open the NET on your tent to provide a VENT, but your gas kills your pet so you take to to the VET in CANADA?

I'm not even sure what to say. Boy, what an imagination. :D

This is more like a comedy post than a post for the solution.

I am totally stumped. If it had something to do with palindromes, then kayak and racecar is what I found. Is it a place name?

Is it a noun? I need some more -no, a lot more- hints on what this could be. I'm stumped. <_<

the whole note is important

;) A little error i just noticed: To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The one two- can a?

go off of that one Every single word exept for one is important

Edited by Krornus

Okay, this is my first post. I've been watching this thread for the last few days and I'm getting tired of the lack of "support" for all the people posting. I'm putting in my 2 cents: the second word is too!