BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here is a series of riddles in the form of a story. When one riddle is solved, the next one will be added. Have fun :D

Mr. Greedy was walking down a beach with a metal detector hoping to find some small trinket that might be worth some money. He suddenly stopped as his alarm started to blare. He excitedly dropped to his knees and started to dig. What he found was unlike anything he had imagined. It was a piece of bamboo with a metal bottom and a cork inserted in the top. He brought it home quite frustrated after he had spent his saturday looking for a way to make money, and instead found this. Sighing, he decided to open it. Inside was a note

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

- Dave one two 59, 55.1 mins.

Intruged, he decided it was probably a riddle, and there just might be a lot of money at the end.

There are two hidden words in this riddle. Discover them and you have solved the riddle

Have fun! ;)

• Answers 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

- Dave one two 59, 55.1 mins.

o.Kay = 'okay'?

22, 25.2?

Is the second word found by using existing letters in the same order as 'Canada' was or is there some sort order they go in? I'm assuming that there is some sort of code in the numbers that states where to start or something. . .?

sorry importmonkey, but no. i only gave the north coordinate, not the west with it. the next coordinate comes once you find out what the other word is :D Edit: no it is not cracker : )
Think Grammar

Grammar brings up homonyms...like to, two and too...sooooo

Eight, ate

one, won

LINE 1: TO, TOO, TWO, FIVE TWO

LINE 2: KAYAK, RACECAR TOO, EIGHT, SEVEN.

so..."The two three" = eight?

and..."Dave one two" = too?

atetoo

eighttoo

tooeight

tooate

TATOO?

WAIT?

TOO LATE?

ARGH!!!!

does the capitalization of certain words have anything to do with the 2nd part of the riddle?

And I thought pallindromes were words or phrases you could spell both forward and backward? If that's true, then nineteen is not a pallindrome.

Edited by Butcher Girl

i don't get the significance of the word "trinket" in the story - you said that everything we needed to solve the first riddle was in the note he found...?

Unless "teknirt" is a word that means something...but I doubt it.