BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Here is a series of riddles in the form of a story. When one riddle is solved, the next one will be added. Have fun :D

Mr. Greedy was walking down a beach with a metal detector hoping to find some small trinket that might be worth some money. He suddenly stopped as his alarm started to blare. He excitedly dropped to his knees and started to dig. What he found was unlike anything he had imagined. It was a piece of bamboo with a metal bottom and a cork inserted in the top. He brought it home quite frustrated after he had spent his saturday looking for a way to make money, and instead found this. Sighing, he decided to open it. Inside was a note

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

- Dave one two 59, 55.1 mins.

Intruged, he decided it was probably a riddle, and there just might be a lot of money at the end.

There are two hidden words in this riddle. Discover them and you have solved the riddle

Have fun! ;)

• Answers 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

How is this played - post answer in spoiler or PM, when is the next part released ??

We need guidance on the 'on going' cuz we do not know which way to post answers or receive the next clue

- surely post al parts to put together, unless it is a step by step or something else

FanQ

Okay, so the 59, 55.1 is part of a coordinate. Yes, part of it does have something to do with palindromes, just the note has the clues, each line of the note does not have one word, but the note as a whole leads up to two words. Biznob, one of the words is canada. Once you figure out what the other word is, you will receive the next riddle in the form of a reply Hope that helps :D *gasps for breath*

To, too, two, five two. Kayak, Racecar too, eight, seven. The two three- can a?

- Dave one two 59, 55.1 mins.

[spoiler='

There are a few words I found']Tot, Toot, Vet, Cart, Vent, Net

You and your TOT are in his CART when all of a sudden to you have to TOOT.

You open the NET on your tent to provide a VENT, but your gas kills your pet so you take to to the VET in CANADA?

Lol, :D

Okay, I will say this much. Stop looking at what the words mean or even the words themselves as you normally would. Forget about mashing words together. That is one way to find "Canada" but there is another way

:huh:

Canada is correct, however, a city in Canada is not the other word. If you look closely, there is further proof that Canada is a word. :D

Hey all, new here...long time lurker though ;)

So, anyway, I was thinking...and I could be completely off base, but what about

Alaska...I was thinking about the AK abbreviation (as in kayAK)...

The one line reads like this to me...

"The 23 can, eh?"

as in,

if the 52 can, too then why not the 23? or maybe the clue is '32'?

and it seems, "-dave one two 59, 55.1 mins" is a reference to the first line being a quote by this person on a certain page of a book or something.

am i on to something at all?

sorry importmonkey, but no. i only gave the north coordinate, not the west with it. the next coordinate comes once you find out what the other word is :D Edit: no it is not cracker : )

Think Grammar

Edited by Krornus