BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

James Bond Mafia

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i'm here finally and i'll try to be active, but i got finals coming up soon >_> <_<
Well mafia exams are important too

on topic - offering last resort back up if needed (if no response from others)

edit - BTW now is a good time to duck if very uncertain - it gets harder after each day to pick up the 'thread'.

BTWII - I'm not after your job - I am happy to read epic stories during TV breaks

Edited by Lost in space

Well mafia exams are important too

on topic - offering last resort back up if needed (if no response from others)

edit - BTW now is a good time to duck if very uncertain - it gets harder after each day to pick up the 'thread'.

BTWII - I'm not after your job - I am happy to read epic stories during TV breaks

Thanks LIS, we'll add you to the backups:

1) Neptune

2) Izzy

3) LIS

:)

Ok, a couple of things...

1) We are still waiting for the actions of the baddies (I don't blame them, Reaymond forgot to allow them in the baddie forum :P)

2) Awesomely-Awesome Person is gonna need to be replaced, you're in Neptune! I'll PM you your role right now...and we're gonna need your action

<(^-^)>

1) We are still waiting for the actions of the baddies (I don't blame them, Reaymond forgot to allow them in the baddie forum :P)

Awww... I have to go back to being a minor "user" in the forum as opposed to the all powerful admin in my own (Rookie do you ever get bad streaks about World domination with this much power over mafia :P )

To be fair though, I forgot to tell the baddies there was actually a forum though :P I didn't realise that you had told them and the baddies had signed up for the forum until you told me :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyway, just the baddies and Neptune left to PM now....

Ok, a couple of things...

2) Awesomely-Awesome Person is gonna need to be replaced, you're in Neptune! I'll PM you your role right now...and we're gonna need your action

<(^-^)>

whoops!

whoops!

What's so "Whoops"? :huh:

<(^-^)>

Edit: Ah, I see. The baddies aren't the ONLY ones who have yet to send in their action, but I haven't gotten all their confirmations, thought I'd remind them here. There are a couple of people who still have to send in their actions for tonight.

Edited by Kathleen

Night One

Jinx, looked at the address in her handbook, and back towards the number on the house. She knocked, and it was opened by a tired looking Dms.

“Do you realize what time it is?” he yawned, then his eyes snapped open at the beautiful girl on his doorstep.

“May I come in?” she asked, and he nodded...later that night, the neighbours heard the sounds of gunshots from Dms’s house, and the police arrived to find him dead, in his bed, with a smile on his face....

Impervious was just entering the 24 hour store, fresh out of milk, when a man burst into the store with a mask and a gun.

“This is a stick up!” he yelled, pointing the gun at the cashier, who threw her hands up in fear. Impervious watched as she loaded the register money into his bag, and finding the perfect moment, pulled out his gun. He crept towards the clerk and the man, and clicked off the safety, causing the man to turn.

“What the hell are you doi...” but before he could finish his sentence, he was dead. Impervious put away the smoking gun, just as a police car was pulling into the parking lot...

“Oh, this is gonna look bad...” he thought, as Felix Leiter ran in.

“You’re under arrest for murder and for robbery!” he cried, putting a pair of handcuffs on him. Hanging his head, Impervious grudgingly obliged, while the cashier stood there shaking...

The night had officially started, and Bond knew that meant a kill. He loaded his gun, and began to tail a cop, and his victim. As they walked under a street lamp, Bond could almost swear he recognized the cop, but that did not matter. With two skilful shots, Impervious was dead on the ground, leaving a confused and angry Felix, who wouldn’t have time to bring him in for questioning.

“So are we all in agreement?” A white cat lay on the desk of the conference room, while the four villains coordinated.

“Yeah, sure,” they murmured, slightly half asleep after being in a board room for over three hours.

“Well, let’s go then,” Blofeld stood up, and reached for his gun...

“Wait! I’ll go!” said Goldfinger, pulling out his signature golden gun. Blofeld nodded, secretly preferring others to do his dirty work. Goldfinger rushed out of the room into the cold night...

“Phew, what a long day,” thought Neptune, stepping into bed, “got a nice promotion...” but his thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell.

“Who’s selling things at this late hour?” he said to himself, grumpily, walking for the door. He opened it cautiously, and saw a glint of gold outside. Wondering why a millionaire was standing outside his house, he opened the door wide.

“And what can I do for you this evening?” he asked, smiling. The man, on the other hand, did not look happy at all.

“Do me a favour,” he asked, pulling out his gun, “and die.”

Neptune whirled around, hiding behind the door, his heart pumping. He was being ambushed! He looked around for something he could use as a weapon, but all there was nearby was a broom.

“I’ll have to do...” he thought, turning around and coming at Goldfinger with the broom held as a spear. Taken by surprise, Goldfinger was knocked off his feet, and the gun flew out of his hands. Neptune smiled in victory, and came at him again, but Goldfinger was expecting it, and rolled out of the way, grabbing for his gun.

“Let me end this now,” he hissed, aiming a shot at Neptune, which grazed him in the shoulder, leaving its golden residue.

“Wow,” Neptune’s last thoughts went, “Even his bullets are made of gold!” and turning back towards Goldfinger, he watched the second bullet come closer, almost in slow motion...then fell to the floor, dead, a bullet in his head.

“That was way harder than I thought,” Goldfinger sighed, putting away his gun, and heading back to base.

Hosts: Kat and Reaymond

1) Impervious (DEAD) Killed by Bond

2) Star_tiger

3) Limeliam

4) Dms172 (DEAD) Killed by Jinx

5) Neptune’sObsoluteVersion (DEAD) Killed by SPECTRE

6) Silverheart

7) Peace*out

8) A. Person

9) Grey Cells

10) Rainthinker

11) Someguy

12) Twin Pop

It's day everyone! Day ends at this time tomorrow, but I will extend it if there is good discussion.

<(^-^)>

Links:

Intro and Rules

Edited by Kathleen

Night One

Hosts: Kat and Reaymond

1) Impervious (DEAD) Killed by Bond

2) Star_tiger

3) Limeliam

4) Dms172 (DEAD) Killed by Jinx

5) Neptune’sObsoluteVersion (DEAD) Killed by SPECTRE

6) Silverheart

7) Peace*out

8) A. Person

9) Grey Cells

10) Rainthinker

11) Someguy

12) Twin Pop

It's day everyone! Day ends at this time tomorrow, but I will extend it if there is good discussion.

<(^-^)>

Links:

Intro and Rules

well that blows...

While I disagree with Mr. Impervious' method of addressing this situation, 007, I'm afraid that you have acted rashly this evening. You should have simply allowed Mr. Leiter to detain him. However, what's lost is lost. We will have to be more careful going forward.

Ha ha - again he starts with lets hurry (an dies in the beginning) Mr impatient - when you gonna learn Impervious

BOND was brave or stupid though

Luvinit Kat

I say that at the beginning of every mafia (good or bad). It's like my mafia signature now :P

Bond has certainly been hasty in his actions. I didn't know Jinx could kill, though. Could you please clarify our honorable hosts? :P

12 players, 5 baddies(counting octopussy, I always read that as octopuppy :P ), 7 heroes.

Felix arresting Impervious was the only good thing as that helps us narrow things down. Unless Felix can arrest himself, which is not possible, I think. If Q did the right thing by saving himself on the first night, that helps us further narrow things down.

If we assume Q saved himself then Impervious' chances of being a hero or a baddie are in the ratio:

Hero:baddie = 4:3, i.e. his chances of being a hero were high, but that doesn't tell us anything. For now we have to assume that he was a hero. For dms it's 6:3, much higher.

Neptune was definitely a hero unless something else happened but that's highly improbable. They could simply have used a different setup for that. ;)

EDIT: Added :P

:o 3 people died tonight??? I hope that Impervious and/or dms are baddies...if they're goodies, we're all doomed.

Kat, is it possible for Bond or another killing character to "pass" for the night? If so, Bond, choose wisely. <_<

:o 3 people died tonight??? I hope that Impervious and/or dms are baddies...if they're goodies, we're all doomed.

Kat, is it possible for Bond or another killing character to "pass" for the night? If so, Bond, choose wisely. <_<

You're doomed

That is likely Jinx's Secret Ability. Odd that she would have used it on night 1 though, particularly with the high chance of friendly fire.

Also, I imagine that they're set up like the others, where the timeline is... artistic, so as to avoid giving away too many clues.

Edit: Oh, also, Q can only act on even nights.

Edited by SomeGuy

Bond has certainly been hasty in his actions. I didn't know Jinx could kill, though. Could you please clarify our honorable hosts? :P

12 players, 5 baddies(counting octopussy, I always read that as octopuppy :P ), 7 heroes.

Felix arresting Impervious was the only good thing as that helps us narrow things down. Unless Felix can arrest himself, which is not possible, I think. If Q did the right thing by saving himself on the first night, that helps us further narrow things down.

If we assume Q saved himself then Impervious' chances of being a hero or a baddie are in the ratio:

Hero:baddie = 4:3, i.e. his chances of being a hero were high, but that doesn't tell us anything. For now we have to assume that he was a hero. For dms it's 6:3, much higher.

Neptune was definitely a hero unless something else happened but that's highly improbable. They could simply have used a different setup for that. ;)

EDIT: Added :P

It says that Jinx can "distract" and the results may vary...a result could possibly be death?

Q can only save himself once, so he might not have used it on night 1...probably saving it for a day when it looks like people have suspicions against him?

Edit: saw SomeGuy's post about Q only being able to act on even nights. This means that Impervious' baddie rate has gone up? Dunno though <_< The attacks were too random to know whether the killed ones are goodies or not...

Edited by star_tiger

Notes:

Posts are NOT in order

There are minor clues, see if you can find them ;)

If someone doesn't send Reaymond their actions in time, I will pull out a random target for them, so no passing. Gtg to English...lets have some voting people.

<(^-^)>

On the contrary it has come down. He could also have been Q. :o

*bangs head against desk* this is why I hate ratios... <_< So, Impervious is likely a goodie, and dms a could-be-either, but leaning towards baddie? Or is ratios being stubborn with me again? :P