BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Jiminy Cricket

Question

This sentence has ____ letters.

Thirty one

XXV

I had some difficulties with the middle one ;)

Nice! I could only get the simple one. -_-

And I never would've thought of the third one you figured out.

this sentence has MANY letters. This sentence has SOME letters. This sentence has ALPHABETICAL letters. This sentence has SEVERAL letters. This sentence has BLACK letters. I am sure you get my drift.

this sentence has MANY letters. This sentence has SOME letters. This sentence has ALPHABETICAL letters. This sentence has SEVERAL letters. This sentence has BLACK letters. I am sure you get my drift.

lol! while those are all really clever....i think JC was looking for a numerical answer.

This sentence has MORE THAN TWO letters. This sentence has MORE THAN THREE letters. This sentence has MORE THAN FOUR letters. Etc., etc.

I was thinking 22, thirty one, and thirty three.

I guess "multiple" and "XXV" would work.

I should know by now that there is never "ONE" correct answer on BrainDen!

In fairness, the original post didn't say there are ONLY 3 ways ;)

I was thinking 22, thirty one, and thirty three.

I guess "multiple" and "XXV" would work.

I should know by now that there is never "ONE" correct answer on BrainDen!

Nope. I'm sure that here, it could be argued if 1+1=2. :lol:

*bashes her head on the keyboard as she realizes she has just opened up discussion for 1+1=2*

*bashes her head on the keyboard as she realizes she has just opened up discussion for 1+1=2*

I won't argue that one, at least not in base 10 :D

ha, well I would say it would be a difficult discussion, as mathematics is the only field that contains definite answers. In essence, there is no world that exists where 1 + 1 = something other than 2.

However, maybe that is means for discussion, ha.

ha, well I would say it would be a difficult discussion, as mathematics is the only field that contains definite answers. In essence, there is no world that exists where 1 + 1 = something other than 2.

However, maybe that is means for discussion, ha.

Actually there is a world where that exists, several in fact. Take binary for example : 1 + 1 = 10

Actually there is a world where that exists, several in fact. Take binary for example : 1 + 1 = 10

ugh...those are not different worlds. You have to look at the idea. Though I suppose I was not specific in my wording, though that is what I was alluding to. Not the grammar but the idea of 1 + 1 =2. Happy?...ha

I don't want to start any arguments on religion, but if you want to get biblical, 1+1=1 when people get married.

Yeah, that's true. I'm not sure how it's biblical, though. Excuse me if I'm being dense.

1+1 could also be 1 if two things merge, for example North Dakota + South Dakota = Dakota (metaphorically, of course, since they aren't merged. I just couldn't think of anything that had happened)