BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

After an exhausting day at work Flinchum, as usual, sat down in his favorite armchair to turn on the TV and run through the channels to see if he can find something interesting to watch. With the familiar movement he reached for the remote, but it wasn’t on the coffee table?! He soon got up and started rummaging through cushions and toys scattered around the living room by his kids. And then he noticed his daughter standing in the door cunningly smiling.

Flinchum’s face stretched to form a big smile “Do you know where daddy’s remote is?”

Breaking in a loud laughter, his daughter pointed at the coffee table.

Flinchum set down and picked up the drawing of a honeycomb and bees and looked at his daughter, “This?!”

post-10350-1228671729.gif

His daughter nodded and sat next to him resting her head on his shoulder.

Raising his eyebrow amused by this unexpected treasure hunt, Flinchum looked at his daughter, kissed her on the forehead, took one of the crayons laying on the coffee table and looked at the picture again.

“OK... let’s see what we have here...”

Can you find where Flinchum's daughter hid the remote??

Have fun... :)

SPOILERS!!!

Edited by andromeda

I have two possible theories. Probably, neither is correct.

1)If you translate the rows into binary, where the black spots are ones and the yellow are zeros, you get (from top to bottom): 4,128,18,1,1024,128

2) My other theory is the "rolling wax" part. Can you fold the picture into a 3d figure? If so, where are the black dots?

Edited by Kioshanta

Do the words have anything to do with it?

yes

hi!!

the little pattern in the middle and does it matter weather the shapes are black or yellow???

RG :D

hi! :) yes

I have two possible theories. Probably, neither is correct.

1)If you translate the rows into binary, where the black spots are ones and the yellow are zeros, you get (from top to bottom): 4,128,18,1,1024,128

2) My other theory is the "rolling wax" part. Can you fold the picture into a 3d figure? If so, where are the black dots?

Neither is correct. :)

What is a Jumble Bee? :huh:

This puzzle looks like you have to rearrange the letters into the yellow hexes, forming words, like a word jumble. And the theme is bees, like bumble bee.

I "cleverly" replaced bumble with jumble.

Am I wrong on the concept?

Well, I got the first step (at least I sure hope so), but I have no idea what to do next.

Spoiler for My first step...:

The are the same number of spaces as there are letters. Align the letters to the spaces.

I found the same thing as Faizaan, but I can't find any patterns.

You already said that there's no rearranging, do we have to get numbers from the picture and analyze those?

Je suis trés confus. :wacko:

Well, I got the first step (at least I sure hope so), but I have no idea what to do next.

Spoiler for My first step...:

The are the same number of spaces as there are letters. Align the letters to the spaces.

I found the same thing as Faizaan, but I can't find any patterns.

You already said that there's no rearranging, do we have to get numbers from the picture and analyze those?

Je suis trés confus. :wacko:

Ups...

I should have been more specific! Grayven asked about rearranging letters, and I forgot to add letters to NO REARRANGING!

The hint is NO REARRANGING LETTERS!

Sorry :blush:

I hate it when UPS happens <_<

So just use what you and Faizaan already did and my corrected hint! ;)

Edited by andromeda

Ups...

I hate it when UPS happens <_<

So just use what you and Faizaan already did and my corrected hint! ;)

I should have been more specific! Grayven asked about rearranging letters, and I forgot to add letters to NO REARRANGING!

The hint is NO REARRANGING LETTERS!

Sorry :blush:

Hmmm. . .so what you're saying is

There is no rearranging the letters, but we can rearrange the numbers that we extract from the picture prior to applying them to letters?

I've come up with a few different ways of trying to solve this, but every time I think I'm onto something, it turns out to be nonsense.

Am I doing this right?...

The first line is 'bee live', but the 'L' is blacked out and turns into an 'H' to make it "bee hive".

Am I crazy?

Do all the words have to do with bees?

I don't get it

Where'd you come up with the 'bee live' part and how did you change the 'l' to an 'h'?

I don't get it

Where'd you come up with the 'bee live' part and how did you change the 'l' to an 'h'?

He said specifically that we couldn't rearrange letters but didn't say anything about rearranging the words.

Ok, so if you take the words 'bee' and 'live' from the text underneath the honeycombs and place them across the first line you get 'bee_ive' because the 'l' falls on the black honeycomb.

Then you add an 'h' to make it 'beehive'. I'm guessing the black honeycombs are going to tell us where the remote is, and the first letter is 'h'.

But after the first line I'm completely lost. so... yeah.

He said specifically that we couldn't rearrange letters but didn't say anything about rearranging the words.

Ok, so if you take the words 'bee' and 'live' from the text underneath the honeycombs and place them across the first line you get 'bee_ive' because the 'l' falls on the black honeycomb.

Then you add an 'h' to make it 'beehive'. I'm guessing the black honeycombs are going to tell us where the remote is, and the first letter is 'h'.

But why 'bee' and 'live'? Couldn't you also use 'far' and 'hill'? I'm not criticizing by any means, this puzzle has me baffled but intrigued and I'm just trying to see what you're seeing, you know, get a different viewpoint.

Edited by TommyGuns

But why 'bee' and 'live'? Couldn't you also use 'far' and 'hill'? I'm not criticizing by any means, this puzzle has me baffled but intrigued and I'm just trying to see what you're seeing, you know, get a different viewpoint.

Ya, you definitely could, which is why I'm now completely stuck.

I really just picked them out of there and hoped everything else would fall into place, but it didn't.

You're getting far too good at these, Andromeda.

have to enter the words in one direction, then read them in another? Is that the idea behind the hex layout?

OK think about, in the story a little girl is the one who put the riddle together, she won't complicate things

;)

Hmmm. . .so what you're saying is

There is no rearranging the letters, but we can rearrange the numbers that we extract from the picture prior to applying them to letters?

I've come up with a few different ways of trying to solve this, but every time I think I'm onto something, it turns out to be nonsense.

No...

no numbers but if it's not letters it must be words that you can rearrange

;)

Am I doing this right?...

The first line is 'bee live', but the 'L' is blacked out and turns into an 'H' to make it "bee hive".

Am I crazy?

Do all the words have to do with bees?

I find you answer very interesting, I didn't think of that but I like it! :D

And to answer your last question... without misleading you...

all the words have something to do with something that has to do with a certain bee! Think outside the animal box!

;)

And you have a good conclusion inside your spoiler! Check your spoiler! ;)

Your first letter is no.

And to answer your last question... without misleading you...
all the words have something to do with something that has to do with a certain bee! Think outside the animal box!
;)

I'm still a little confused...

So the only words I am going to be using are already there in the puzzle, correct?

And this 'certain bee' is either going to help me rearrange the letters or be the answer itself... right?