BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

The conference room of the Redrum Law Firm was crowded.

Wealthy businessmen had passed away and all of his close and distant relatives were there at the opening of the will. The atmosphere was electric, there was a lot of commotion and people were suspiciously eying each other wondering who gets what and why are they all here??

The sound of the lawyer clearing his throat was the cue for everyone to sit down and hear the reading of the businessman’s will. To their utter disappointment, the businessman had left most of his money to charity organizations.

However every one of them has received an envelope with the following content:

“Hello my dear relative. I know we hadn’t spent almost any time together so this is what I have to offer. In the Rellik Bank I still have one safe deposit box. In order for you to open the safe, you’ll need a 7 digit number code!

How to obtain that code? Well here comes the fun part! Crack this riddle before anyone else does and you’ll be the one to open the safe and become the rightful owner of everything in it!”

Good luck!

In the envelope they have received there was a smaller envelope with a sheet of paper in it that said:

post-10350-1228500127.gif

After everyone read what’s in the envelope, some of them angrily torn it to pieces, but most of them kept them hoping that they will be the person to figure out the code and get what’s in the safe deposit box!

Can you crack the riddle before anyone else does??

edit: adding a hint and a smiley

No math!

:)

Edited by andromeda

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I'll give it a try, though this may be considered counting and therefore already ruled out.

Take the first letter of each column and use it's place in the alphabet. For those over 9 use the second digit.

Ladies and Gentleman we have the rightful owner of what's in the safe deposit box!!!

Thank you for opening the safe!

Spoiler for Seems at least possible...:

There's only one line where each letter in the line is the same first letter of a number 1-9

F G R R V R E

O O N E N E E

N U R O V E R

F O T E R E D

T O W S V E R

F H R H I E D

I O O E E D R

0 - Zero

1 - One

2 - Two

3 - Three

4 - Four

5 - Five

6 - Six

7 - Seven

8 - Eight

9 - Nine

No ambiguity!

I wanted to include ZERO too but the word was impossible to find ;)

Don't hate for making it this hard :(

Ladies and Gentleman we have the rightful owner of what's in the safe deposit box!!!

Thank you for opening the safe!

F G R R V R E

O O N E N E E

N U R O V E R

F O T E R E D

T O W S V E R

F H R H I E D

I O O E E D R

0 - Zero

1 - One

2 - Two

3 - Three

4 - Four

5 - Five

6 - Six

7 - Seven

8 - Eight

9 - Nine

No ambiguity!

I wanted to include ZERO too but the word was impossible to find ;)

Don't hate for making it this hard :(

So do I have to go all the way to Serbia to claim my fortune??

But I really wouldn't have come close without the hints and work of others... I think Lazyboy probably advanced this puzzle the most.... I barely even tried until the grid was given... Great puzzle

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! HA!

Ok, wow. You spend enough time on these boards, you tend to always go straight for the complicated answers. Once again, someone new with a fresh perspective comes in and solves a puzzle in one post after all the regulars struggle and toil to no avail.

Thank you, Andromeda for making us outsmart ourselves again! And thank you, Pittwork for giving us our lives back.

Oh yeah, and WELCOME TO THE DEN!

Haha... first of all nice thinking!

Second don't look at me I'm skint :lol:

But I really wouldn't have come close without the hints and work of others... I think Lazyboy probably advanced this puzzle the most.... I barely even tried until the grid was given... Great puzzle

Thanks for the compliment ;) And thanks guys for giving me a massive headache while I was trying to recycle the same sentences to make them look like a new hint... I was totally out of hints!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! HA!

Ok, wow. You spend enough time on these boards, you tend to always go straight for the complicated answers. Once again, someone new with a fresh perspective comes in and solves a puzzle in one post after all the regulars struggle and toil to no avail.

Thank you, Andromeda for making us outsmart ourselves again! And thank you, Pittwork for giving us our lives back.

Oh yeah, and WELCOME TO THE DEN!

Yeah... I was thinking if someone else would have made this riddle I would have probably had some difficulties with it myself!

And thanks you guys for not giving up! :)

Edited by andromeda

Ahhhhh, I was stuck on the whole first letter being F and trying to make the first number either 4 or 5 without question. Didn't even think of ruling out 4s and 5s entirely. Nice job, Pittwork, and thanks for the shoutout. B))