BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

The conference room of the Redrum Law Firm was crowded.

Wealthy businessmen had passed away and all of his close and distant relatives were there at the opening of the will. The atmosphere was electric, there was a lot of commotion and people were suspiciously eying each other wondering who gets what and why are they all here??

The sound of the lawyer clearing his throat was the cue for everyone to sit down and hear the reading of the businessman’s will. To their utter disappointment, the businessman had left most of his money to charity organizations.

However every one of them has received an envelope with the following content:

“Hello my dear relative. I know we hadn’t spent almost any time together so this is what I have to offer. In the Rellik Bank I still have one safe deposit box. In order for you to open the safe, you’ll need a 7 digit number code!

How to obtain that code? Well here comes the fun part! Crack this riddle before anyone else does and you’ll be the one to open the safe and become the rightful owner of everything in it!”

Good luck!

In the envelope they have received there was a smaller envelope with a sheet of paper in it that said:

post-10350-1228500127.gif

After everyone read what’s in the envelope, some of them angrily torn it to pieces, but most of them kept them hoping that they will be the person to figure out the code and get what’s in the safe deposit box!

Can you crack the riddle before anyone else does??

edit: adding a hint and a smiley

No math!

:)

Edited by andromeda

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

what did the letter say?

well don't we need to know what was written in the smaller letter to solve the riddle? That is of course unless we're not supposed to know what was written on that smaller letter, if anything was at all.

Edited by Nick Hound

well don't we need to know what was written in the smaller letter to solve the riddle? That is of course we're not supposed to know what was written on that smaller letter, if anything was at all.

There's a picture in the first spoiler?!

That's the reason why I was surprised that you are asking me that! :huh:

Edited by andromeda

7 digit code, 7 words on the letter, and 7 letters in each word. Coincidence? I think not.

Are there any repeating digits in the code?

EDIT: wow, Mumbles and I must have great minds. ;)

Edited by lazboy

7 digit code, 7 words on the letter, and 7 letters in each word. Coincidence? I think not.

Yes but also note...

There are 8 of each color stripe and 6 hearts. Not sure what it means, but it's probably significant. Also there is a hint of 4 in forever!

Yes but also note...

There are 8 of each color stripe and 6 hearts. Not sure what it means, but it's probably significant. Also there is a hint of 4 in forever!

I acknowledge those in my 2nd Post

7 words, 7 digit code, 7 letters per word

I don't think this is likely to be right, but to maybe save others time...

Nope

Yes there are!

Not counting the corner stripes (because they form triangles), but there are 7 White Lines and 7 White Lines--the only "non-7s" in the picture are the hearts (6 by my count)

Hearts are not significant, lines are!

Yes but also note...

4 in forever is not important!

I acknowledge those in my 2nd Post

So...

No math as I said in my first post.

Hearts are not important, lines are.

Stop counting!!!

Edited by andromeda

You said to stop counting--is that in the matter of the lines or in other things as well?

If you know that thorned is not a word, it's likely you needed it for the purposes of rhyme/meter, OR to make it 7 letters--so what exactly does "Stop Counting" apply to?

Excluding the word "Forever", the letter "O" goes from being the first letter, to second, to third, to fourth...don't know if that means anything or if it is just a coincidence...

:blink:

<(^-^)>

You said to stop counting--is that in the matter of the lines or in other things as well?

If you know that thorned is not a word, it's likely you needed it for the purposes of rhyme/meter, OR to make it 7 letters--so what exactly does "Stop Counting" apply to?

Absolutely everything! :lol:;)

And yes

It had to be 7 letters because it's a 7 digit number code!

Well to rhyme... I don't know I had to make it sound like it almost makes sense :lol:

Think about my first hunt ;)

There was no math, no counting, no anagrams. no nothing! Same works here if you know what I mean ;)

Think about my first hunt ;)

There was no math, no counting, no anagrams. no nothing! Same works here if you know what I mean ;)

After reading the solution to your first treasure hunt, it pretty much blew my mind. But I'm still trying...

going diagonally from upper left to lower right. If I line up all the words, I get

F O R E V E R

O U T S I D E

N O W H E R E

F O R E V E R

T H O R N E D

F O R E V E R

I G N O R E D

but if you read each line diagonally, it still doesn't make sense. :huh::blink::wacko:

edit: trying to make the lines easier to read diagonally

Edited by lazboy

We have the "Redrum" Law Firm and "Rellik" Bank. Murder and Killer spelled backwards. So if all the words are spelled backwards, we have

R E V E R O F

E D I S T U O

E R E H W O N

R E V E R O F

D E N R O H T

R E V E R O F

D E R O N G I

Nope, still doesn't make sense. Am I getting close??

we can limit the possible digits that CAN be used in the solution to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9. I just haven't found how to line them up yet, or which to exclude, since we know we have repeating numbers.

edit: I wanted to acknowledge lazyboy for leading me to this conclusion.

Edited by Grayven

we can limit the possible digits that CAN be used in the solution to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 9. I just haven't found how to line them up yet, or which to exclude, since we know we have repeating numbers.

I also think lazyboy is on to something with..

diagonals and somehow words being backwards, but what about how the words are staggered? I can't find a pattern that makes any sense but I think all of these are probably key. What about white vs. black? Maybe cross out every other diagonal?

Thanks for the shoutout, but...

how you reasoned that 6, 8, and 0 were excluded, or how I led you to that conclusion (besides the repeating numbers part).

Thanks for the shoutout, but...

how you reasoned that 6, 8, and 0 were excluded, or how I led you to that conclusion (besides the repeating numbers part).

I can see...

0 and 6 are eliminated - because there are no z's or x's in any of the words.

I am not sure why 8 is out either though.