BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Heroes: Season 1.1

I just heard from nayana.. and she is well. She lives in the burbs of Mymbai so the shooting wasnt near her and her family.

Thought you all would like to know. I know its off topic but..will you forgive me frost?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Night 1

The Return

As the steps creaked under him, Peter climbed the floors of the apartment building. He remembered that Mohinder lived in one of these apartments; he just had to remember which one…When he got to the third floor, Peter took the stairwell exit into the main hallway, heading down it looking at the numbers. “Ah!” he exclaimed, “that’s it!” Peter had stopped at apartment 316. He knocked on the door a few times, but heard nothing come from inside. He knocked again. After still no response, Peter tried the doorknob. Finding it unlocked, he went inside the apartment and looked around. “Suresh?” Peter called out. From the other room came a soft thump. Turning towards the sound, Peter crept into the other room. There he found Molly drawing; she had knocked a book off of her bed. “Why are you here all alone?” Peter asked her. “Mohinder’s been busy lately; besides, I’m fine on my own,” Molly replied. “Well, I need to relax for a bit, so I think I’ll just stay for a little while.”

Like Peter, CP was relaxing in her apartment, watching various shows that were on TV. After skimming over a few channels, she heard a knock at the door. She got up to get it, mumbling “that better be the pizza guy.” A man stood just outside, waiting patiently. “You’re not the pizza delivery guy,” CP blurted out. “No, I’m not,” the man responded. “My name is Chandra Suresh, I believe we spoke on the phone just recently,” he said. “Oh yeah, about my ability, right?” “Right,” he replied, “would you mind demonstrating it for me?” “Sure, just come into the other room…it’s right over there.” The man followed CP into the apartment, glancing behind him as the door closed shut.

HRG was packing up his stuff as the other Company members entered the room. “You ready to go?” one asked. “Yeah, just finished,” he responded. They got in their van and headed out. Arriving in the correct neighborhood, they pulled over to the side of the road. “This is it,” HRG exclaimed, “let’s take out some heroes.” The other members watched as HRG walked up to the house, fitting a silencer on his gun. He knocked quietly on the door. After a few moments, he knocked again, this time louder. A man came to the door, mumbling about how late it was. He opened the door to the barrel of a gun. That was the last thing that he saw. HRG strode away from the house calm and relieved, the blood stained body of Brandonb lying in the house right behind him.

“That’s amazing,” the man stated after CP had shown him what she could do. He got out of his chair, staring at CP. “All that power…” he whispered to himself. “What was that?” CP questioned. “Oh nothing,” the man replied, “I just need something of yours.” Suddenly, CP was slammed against the wall of her apartment, held there by an invisible force. “What the…who…who are you?” CP gasped out. “My name…is Sylar,” the man said. He approached CP, raising his index finger up to her forehead. Sylar slowly swept his finger to the right, cutting through CP's skull, as blood dripped down her face. Her screams resonated throughout the apartment and the building, even to the lonely alley cats just outside.

Alright, Day 1 begins now! Get voting! B))

Host: Mohinder Suresh

1) Yoruichi-san

2) Brandonb - DEAD[?] Killed by Company

3) Unreality

4) Prince Marth

5) Akaslickster

6) SomeGuy

7) Impervious

8) Prof. Templeton

9) Crazypainter - DEAD[?] Killed by Sylar

10) Cherry Lane

11) Grey cells

12) Sinistral

13) Itachi

14) Kat

15) Star Tiger

Edited by Frost

Huh, I was expecting more to happen the first night :blink: Sorry to you both, Crazypainter and Brandonb...it really does suck on the first night...I'd offer you some ghost popcorn if I could... B)) So what happens if Peter visits Molly? Does he get to find out a Hero? :huh:

<(^-^)>

Whoa...didn't see that coming...sorry Bb, and here I was so looking forward to finally playing a game you again...:(

And I agree with CL...glad to see that perhaps the ranting hit home ;P

Well, anyways, CP and Bb can't be Ted. CP can't be Claire. The only way Bb could be Claire is if CP were HRG...

Whoa...didn't see that coming...sorry Bb, and here I was so looking forward to finally playing a game you again...:(

And I agree with CL...glad to see that perhaps the ranting hit home ;P

Well, anyways, CP and Bb can't be Ted. CP can't be Claire. The only way Bb could be Claire is if CP were HRG...

CP can't be HRG because HRG gets outed if he dies... therefore Bb was not Claire either.

As far as innocents go, we also know that there's a couple pairs of people we can (likely) trust. For starters, Molly knows the ID of a hero as the result of last night (I hope), and Peter knows the ID of two heroes (Molly and whoever he IDed). So, I'm hoping that Peter and Molly can start dropping us some clues... Niki and DL, I guess caution was a good idea. Friendly fire for the heroes is bad.

Neither of the folks that died were Claire, Sylar, Ted, or HRG. If we're really really lucky, then Sylar killed a Company member, but we can be sure that at least 1 hero died tonight. To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that Hiro didn't target anyone. If it were me, I'd have picked someone... anyone, just to get a discussion rolling. Hopefully he'll do that tonight ;).

Anyways, good lord I hate day 1 voting, but I guess at least this time there's a 50% chance that the person we lynch won't die (and will cost the Company a RID kill).

I'm going to withhold my vote for now, and see where things end up, I guess... To CP and Bb, I think you guys were Heroes (odds are high), so we'll miss you :(.

I'm leaving for a show right nowish, so won't be back for a few hours. Good luck Heroes!

edit: Grammar

Edited by SomeGuy

Hmmm... great post Frost :D

We now know that Molly knows 1 hero role and Peter has 2. SomeGuy said they should drop hints, but I think he is mistaken - they only know good guys, not bad guys. It does mean that they should subtly defend said heroes if they are accused, but not "drop hints" as to who some of the hero roles are. That would be bad for the heroes, and good for the company

Wow...That really sucks...We already lost 2 people and most likely Heroes at that. We're really going to have to find the Company members and Sylar. I'm going to have to look at things more closely and try and find any major clues if any from last night's post. First day voting sucks. There's always that chance of lynching (or in this case injecting) an innocent.

Edit: Typo

Edited by Prince_Marth85

CP can't be HRG because HRG gets outed if he dies... therefore Bb was not Claire either.

Yeah...forgot about that...and Bb was not Sylar since he can't be killed until the night after his first successful kill, so he was definitely a Hero...CP could be Linderman, Candice, or the Haitian, but Linderman was saving one of them...so we're very probably looking at two Hero deaths... -_-

Out of the Heros, as mentioned, Claire and Ted couldn't be killed. Claire probably wasn't saving anyone last night since she can only save once every other night. Nathan was saving someone, probably himself (that's what I would do on Night 1). Since (thankfully) Niki didn't act, DL was saving someone, probably himself or Niki...

I think that if he were Nathan, Bb would have saved himself, so that narrows it down further...hmm...

So most definitely we have lost one hero and maybe 2. Brandon, tough luck mate. Last game, I saved you the first night but nobody tried to kill you. But this time it's the other way around. Sorry CP again killed the first night. Indicates to a player who has played quite a number of games, but that pretty much covers everyone, doesn't it? And glad to know Nayana's fine, CP. :D

And as MG said, if CP was company, she could only have been Linderman or Candice/Haitian.

Everything I was thinking from night 1 is already said. I'll start things off with the one who couldn't resist posting and is now oddly sylar *cough* I mean silent... :P

1) Yoruichi-san

3) Unreality

4) Prince Marth

5) Akaslickster

6) SomeGuy

7) Impervious

8) Prof. Templeton

10) Cherry Lane

11) Grey cells

12) Sinistral

13) Itachi - voting for Star Tiger

14) Kat

15) Star Tiger

I think Impervious was trying too hard to make himself appear innocent with the "I wonder if I'll die tonight" "Look everyone, I survived!" bit. I don't think surviving was really a surprise to him.

1) Yoruichi-san

3) Unreality

4) Prince Marth

5) Akaslickster

6) SomeGuy

7) Impervious

8) Prof. Templeton

10) Cherry Lane voting for Impervious

11) Grey cells

12) Sinistral

13) Itachi - voting for Star Tiger

14) Kat

15) Star Tiger

edit: unfortunately, I have to sign off now, and won't be back for about 14-15 hours, but I should catch the end of the voting if I need to change my vote. Sorry all, this is always tough on the weekends I have to work.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Wow I leave my office for a 2 hour drive home and I have quite a bit to catch up on. Thanks to those of you who helped sort out who they could and couldn't be, i was getting a headache trying to put my spreadsheet together.

edit: CL I was actually genuinely surprised. the last two mafia games I played I was attacked round 1. I died in Hybrid but got saved in Simpsons. :)

Edited by Impervious

Just informing you guys that, while everyone sharing and figuring things out together is great, the more you say, the more info that the Company has for recruiting and RID killing. Just putting that out there so you guys remember not to say too much.

The best part about days now is the 50/50 shot at death. It makes this much more important not to inject the wrong person, unlike the last game. Besides, then I can determine what happens with the flip of a coin. Oh, and I might let the person who's up for injection call it, if they're on.