BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ball in a Hole

rookie1ja

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would poor water in the hole which will cause the ball to float to the top or if you had a long siphon hose, you could suck on one end and create a suction to suck the ball to the end of the hose and pull the hose and ball up.

fill the tube with water... till the ball comes up the pipe..

Ball in a Hole - Back to the Logic Puzzles

A table tennis ball (= ping pong ball) fell into a tight deep pipe (amendment: eg. 30 cm long, buried in concrete pavement - having firm metal bottom, only 1 cm of the pipe is above the ground - so it can not be moved). The pipe was only a bit wider than the ball, so you can not use your hand. How would you take it out, with no damage?

post-2-1178138555_thumbjpg

Edit:

There is another more straight forward wording (as posted by oysterboy22)

You are stuck in a room with no windows and no doors.

There is a hole in the floor about a foot deep (ok, half a meter for you non-americans) and just wider than the diameter of a table tennis ball. There is a table tennis ball at the bottom of the hole.

You have a fork, a wrench, and a long, thin plastic wire.

How do you get the ball out of the hole?

Ball in a Hole - solution

All you have to do is pour some water into the pipe so that the ball swims up on the surface.

Edit:

oysterboy22's wording solution: none of those random things are going to help you, but the whole point is the person thinks they have to use the tools, while what they really have to do is urinate in the hole.

im assuming that since its a pipe its not gonna be damaged by filling it up with water and just floating the damn ball out! Though I guess a vacuum or wire coat hanger may work also... but filling the pipe with water would be the easiest! B))

is it just me or do people just keep repeating the answer over and over and over and over and over and over and over...etc.

i mean, read the messages before you post one! :excl:

would it be possible to just suck the ball up a vaccume? or wat about getting a soup ladel and scooping it out- with the soup ladel being exactly the size to fit inside the hole?