BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ball in a Hole

rookie1ja

well its funny how a less than a dollar ball could have so many people spend time :-0

It was mentioned that the base is metal and there is less of space between ball and pipe wall..What if we could use a stick with a rubber cup in front so it fixes the ball when pressed from top...30 cm isnt a long distance to go and if pressed from top it should fit in a rubber cup...

If a bit of permissible damage is allowed can i stick in a needle..:-)...I feel damage will be less than that for a water dipped ball(I would rather buy a new tennis ball for that)....

Peeing inside that someone mentioned is a good solution 30 cm with 6 cm dia(approx) is 3.14X3X3X30=847 cm cube :-) Do we piss this volume at a time...or what if u had to play with the ball :-(

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not like you can pull it out of the ground, so turning it upside-down won't work. You can't suck it out. So, just fill the tube with water. Ping-pong balls are full of air, and as light as a feather. It will float on the water and pop right out!

Easy. Bend the pointy parts of the fork so that it is the perfect curve, tie the metal string to end of it. Drop it so the fork goes under the pingpong ball, pull string moving away from the hole. The pressure from pulling away lets the fork caress the pingpong, thus pulling it up.

Alternative: After doing the top strategy, drop the wrench so the handle of the fork is against the side of the pipe and pull.

ping pong balls float...

you could fill the pipe with water (or if for some reason you had no water you could spit into the pipe) until it were full and the ball would rise to the top.

Fill it with water and it will float to the top.

or stab it with the fork by tying it to the wrench with the wire, but if you want to do it theeasy way than just fill it with water.

If its a pinpong ball, then it must be lighter than water. The solution is then obvious. Fill the hole with water till the water brings the ball, along with itself, to the surface.

Ah...but none of you have actually tried it, eh? I have. Did you know that most ping-pong balls have a tiny hole in them? Guess what-it fills up with water and sinks! I discovered the answer. The real answer is to take a c

I'm sure this doesn't sound appealing but this would be the easiest method to retrieve the ball with only a fork, some wire and a wrench. First I would toss those tools aside not using any of those things. I would simply urinate into the pipe and retrieve the ball as it floated to the surface.

Jenkmaster