BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Ball in a Hole

rookie1ja

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but, Bernoulli's Principle could apply.

By blowing air perpendicularly across the top of the open end of the pipe, the pressure between the ping pong ball and the top of the pipe drops but, the normal atmospheric pressure underneath the ball remains the same. The difference in pressure now drives the ball upwards. The only trouble is getting the perpendicularly flowing air to move fast enough.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's simple.

pour water in the hole. Given the table tennis ball is hollow (therefore it cannot sink or submerge in water) it will float on the top and the minute you fill up the hole the ball will be out on the ground and you can continue playing your silly table tennis game then!!

you use the fork to stab yourself until you don't care about the stupid ball.

PS: the posted solution is very unattractive, i wouldn't use the ball after the retrieval.

as the pipe is closed from the end and there is no way to remove the ball from the end then i first tighty closew it from the end and fill it with water as the pipe filled out with water the ball come up and finally ill got it

I was thinking first: vacuum cleaner second: long thin pole with bubble gum stuck to the end.

Water would work too, I guess

The original wording that I saw on the website didn't mention any tools, so I thought that was open to interpretation.