BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

For the last few days I have been glued to the TV watching coverage about the terrorist attacks on the hotels, etc. in Mumbai. I know many members of this forum are Indian and I am very interested in what you know about these events and your opinions about what is happening in your country.

Of course, all are welcome to post, Indian or otherwise.

8 answers to this question

I heard in the news that police department has found out that the terrorists have come to India from Karachi using a boat. But Pakistan government has denied this.

Edited by lorentz

I have been cut-off from any communication for the last 48 hrs. due to a cyclone down here(South India). But the from the news I have heard so far, 11 terrorists have been killed and 1 has been caught alive. A few terrorists came via a boat and the captain's throat was slit from ear-to-ear(as depicted in the newspaper)

And the weapons were rumored to be of Pakistan-make and the chief of ISI(Pakistani Intelligence) was ordered to visit India. And I heard there was some pressure from US on Pakistan too.

300 hostages successfully freed, 21 non-Indians killed and 23 hurt. Total death toll until last count was 160 and 284 injured. 14 or 16 police personnel were killed.

Another important bit of news is that The English and Indian Cricket teams was to stay at the Taj after 15 odd days. But really I feel bad now, speaking of death in terms of pure numbers, when the loss is infinitely much more. And there's no use killing and catching these terrorists. They are just the branches of a tree. The root of this dastardly tree are obviously sadistic, political big-shots in aim of power and more power and more power. When will there hunger for power end? When there is no humanity left in the world? Or when they have transformed every human being to an animal which only serves them, does not question them, does not think, does not prove to be their equal?

Really these are all just small segments of national and international political maneuvers, which will be kept hidden from us civilians for eternity. I really can't stop rambling on. But what are we civilians really doing? Nothing. Just empty discussions, empty words which will forever be empty, devoid of action. Forever under the feet of the stinking bureaucracy, which we don't bother cleaning. Frankly, many of my friends haven't even started voting at the age of 21. Even more words. I am disgusted with myself now, just words. Why can't I do anything? Even more questions and no answers. Ah! But if we plan on taking any steps, our parents fear for our safety. It's one frustrating circle with the political warlords in the middle.

Lots of innocent people were killed by the terrorist. I have also uploaded pictures of the attack in Automated Mafia, Graphics Section, Shared Pool.

We were all dumb-struck and was glued to the TV for 3 days following the progress. Thanks to NSG (National Security Guards) Commandos, Marines, Army and the police, 9 of them have been killed and 1 got arrested.

The population in India is now up in arms against the corrupt politicians who have been busy filling their own pockets, not caring to do anything for the security of the country. Police Officers and NSG personnel gave their live to protect us and we are all thankful to them. This is the turning point in Indian Politics and people have been gathering in millions to voice their protests.

Lots of innocent people were killed by the terrorist. I have also uploaded pictures of the attack in Automated Mafia, Graphics Section, Shared Pool.

We were all dumb-struck and was glued to the TV for 3 days following the progress. Thanks to NSG (National Security Guards) Commandos, Marines, Army and the police, 9 of them have been killed and 1 got arrested.

The population in India is now up in arms against the corrupt politicians who have been busy filling their own pockets, not caring to do anything for the security of the country. Police Officers and NSG personnel gave their live to protect us and we are all thankful to them. This is the turning point in Indian Politics and people have been gathering in millions to voice their protests.

Yeah! And there was an uproar regarding Raj Thakarey. He always likes to create trouble separating the people of Maharashtra(Mumbai) and the rest of India. Where was he and his troops? Probably hiding in his house. He was arrested, wasn't he? But when have Indian politicians actually been in Prison when they do any wrong. Even in prisons they have air-conditioners, TV and all the homely comforts. Is this democracy?

Yeah! And there was an uproar regarding Raj Thakarey. He always likes to create trouble separating the people of Maharashtra(Mumbai) and the rest of India. Where was he and his troops? Probably hiding in his house. He was arrested, wasn't he? But when have Indian politicians actually been in Prison when they do any wrong. Even in prisons they have air-conditioners, TV and all the homely comforts. Is this democracy?
I sure wish people could agree to peace over there and everywhere. I posted pics of a Chicago prison if you click below to Arty-San. Go to the jail bmp's, under the Files category. Edited by akaslickster

I sure wish people could agree to peace over there and everywhere. I posted pics of a Chicago prison if you click below to Arty-San. Go to the jail bmp's, under the Files category.

Wow! I thought that was a 5* hotel. Doesn't look like an Indian prison, does it? I wouldn't be complaining if all the prisoners were given equal comforts irrespective of status. But these comforts are provided only to celebrities, politicians included. Yeah! Why not? They are entitled to perform criminal activities. Why shouldn't they murder? Why shouldn't they burgle? They are after all the law abiding citizens for India. No! They cannot live without an air-conditioner, can they?

Wow! I thought that was a 5* hotel. Doesn't look like an Indian prison, does it? I wouldn't be complaining if all the prisoners were given equal comforts irrespective of status. But these comforts are provided only to celebrities, politicians included. Yeah! Why not? They are entitled to perform criminal activities. Why shouldn't they murder? Why shouldn't they burgle? They are after all the law abiding citizens for India. No! They cannot live without an air-conditioner, can they?
I think that they may have never had it so good with 3 squares a day and entertainment and then a comfortable bed to sleep on. There are people with no convictions or anything and they never experienced a lap of luxury such as that.

Some are far better off living off of others taxes etc. I say that it is only punishment for the spoiled rotten.