BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

A serial killer has been stalking Boston. He's become somewhat of a legend. So much so that he has inspired a copy-cat killer who has now begun killing on his own. The Master is just about to begin his bold plan involving the deaths of 12 people. All the murders are done someplace else and then brought to a specific location. The master follows a set of rules though: one of which is that no innocent people will die by his hands unless he feels he must do it to survive. The copycat tries to follow the same rule, but his personal discipline is not so great, so he'll attack innocents much sooner than the master would. The copycat also has a scheme in mind, but must be caught first because the master will easily make all the evidence from his crime scenes fit the description of the copy-cat because he knows who the copy-cat is. The trick is, both killers are on the police force!

Roles:

The Zodiac Zealot - will kill an out-of-game villain each night unless he feels threatened. needs to bring down the copy-cat and stay out of harm's way. If he kills 12 people, he wins, otherwise he wins if he kills every other member of the police force. Knows who the Copy-Cat is.

The Copy-Cat (who loves the movie Se7en) - will kill an out-of-game villain each night unless he feels threatened. If he lasts over 7 Nights, he wins, otherwise he wins if kills every other member of the police force

Lieutenant Stark- will find two very credible pieces of evidence each night with 75% accuracy each (weapon, place of murder, habit, accessories, vehicle randomly)

Detective Smith - can get a witness to speak with 50% credibility each night or can protect someone (weapon, hair, eyes, body-type randomly)

Detective Jones - can get a witness to speak with 50% credibility each night or can protect someone (weapon, hair, eyes, body-type randomly)

Undercover Agent Johnson - gets one 100% pure piece of evidence each night (all possible evidence randomly)

Undercover Agent Harrison - gets one 100% pure piece of evidence each night (all possible evidence randomly)

Forensics Investigator Adams - gets two 50% credible pieces of evidence a night (blood-type, accessories, hair randomly)

Forensics Investigator Williams - gets two 50% credible pieces of evidence a night (blood-type, accessories, hair randomly)

FBI Criminal Expert Mason - gets one 100% piece of evidence one night and can protect someone as well (all possible evidence randomly)

Psychologist Reynolds - can examine one person each day to see if they have criminal tendencies with 50% chance of them leaking some random info (habit, vehicle, place of murder randomly)

Chief Somerset - can look at the big picture each day's vote and ask for the authenticity of two people's voting.

Evidence will be presented by each officer each day and will be for 10 items. (You may opt to put in 0-10 of the items) The evidence is (blood-type, weapon, place of murder, hair color, eye color, body-type, accessories worn, habit (smoking, drinking, etc...), and vehicle used)

The two killers will be chosen randomly from the group of 10 officers and will still be doing their jobs. They will be given 10 pieces of evidence that suits them in addition to their roles. The evidence the cops collect will all point to the copy-cat until the copy-cat is brought down. If 5 out of 10 pieces of evidence, by majority, point toward the copy-cat, his house will be raided that Night and he will feel threatened. He will not be found, but then he will get sloppy and all his percentages shoot up to 100%, but he will now be forced to kill police officers instead of out-of-game villains. He can only RID kill them though and only if they are not protected. If the RID fails, he will kill an out-of-game character like before. The copy-cat will be brought to justice if 8-10 pieces of evidence fit his description.

The real Boston Butcher will then be left. And the process will be similar. His plan involves killing 12 people and then he wins and gets away. If the evidence points towards him 6-10, his house will get raided and he will step up his game and kill an officer each night with RID (if un-protected) and an out-of-game character. If the RID fails, he only kills the one out-of game character like before. Because he is rushing things though, his chances of leaving 100% credible evidence behind jumps to 100%. He will be brought down with a flawless 10-10 evidence majority.

In my posts, you will know what type of evidence each officer uncovers, but only they will know what exactly it was and keep in mind the percentage of accuracy at any given time. Also, you will know who's house got raided if that ever happens. Anytime a player dies, their role is revealed. By rule, the game cannot exceed 12 Nights. There will be no Night Actions. Everything will be done on a 24 hour cycle. There will be no need for protection the first Night obviously. No protective role can protect themselves. From then on, any actions like protect or RID kill will be sent to me during the day and will happen the next night.

Host: I

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

• Answers 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1) Joe's Student

2) Peace found the CC is short

3) dawh found the CC stays in a Basement, has a Red Truck, has Hazel eyes, wears a Hat, his hair is Black, carries a Knife, Hums, has an Average build, and has blood-type O.

4) DMS here's what i got A Knife, Garage, Grey, Hazel, Average, Red Sox Hat, Hums, Red Chevy Truck

5) A. Person

6) Twin Pop - found out that the CC stays in the garage

7) Kat - found out that the killer wears a hat

8) FIF

9) reaymanator

10)mekal

1) Joe's Student

3) dawh found the CC stays in a Basement, has a Red Truck, has Hazel eyes, wears a Hat, his hair is Black, carries a Knife, Hums, has an Average build, and has blood-type O.

4) DMS here's what i got A Knife, Garage, Grey, Hazel, Average, Red Sox Hat, Hums, Red Chevy Truck

5) A. Person - found that CC has blood type B, has a handgun, and drinks

8) FIF

9) reaymanator

10)mekal

1) Joe's Student

8) FIF

9) reaymanator

10)mekal - Found that the killer has gray hair

I'm still playing, right? Just checking because the roster went back to saying FIF, and I've been burned before thinking I'm in a game when I'm really not.

1) Joe's Student

8) Cherry Lane - found the CC hangs out in a basement, has a black car, has black hair, wears glasses, drinks, uses a gun and is short

9) reaymanator

I'm still playing, right? Just checking because the roster went back to saying FIF, and I've been burned before thinking I'm in a game when I'm really not.

1) Joe's Student

8) Cherry Lane - found the CC hangs out in a basement, has a black car, has black hair, wears glasses, drinksyou got your , uses a gun and is short

9) reaymanator

cl? Dawh? Itachi already confirmed that the killer likes to hang out in the garage and has Blood B... I don't know how you guys got your answer...

cl? Dawh? Itachi already confirmed that the killer likes to hang out in the garage and has Blood B... I don't know how you guys got your answer...

He said, "The Copy-Cat Killer has Blood-Type B, Uses a Knife, Hangs out in his garage, and has a black car." That wasn't confirmation, that was just what our reported evidence pointed to yesterday. But some (a lot?) of our evidence was wrong.

Edited by Cherry Lane

He said, "The Copy-Cat Killer has Blood-Type B, Uses a Knife, Hangs out in his garage, and has a black car." That wasn't confirmation, that was just what our reported evidence pointed to yesterday. But some (a lot?) of our evidence was wrong.

This is correct Mekal. I just accumulated all of your evidence from Day 1. I, as Host, would never out the killer(s) in any way. ;)

And yes CL, of course you're still playing :D

1) Joe's Student

8) Cherry Lane - found the CC hangs out in a basement, has a black car, has black hair, wears glasses, drinks, uses a gun and is short

9) reaymanator - found evidence of a watch and blood type O

1) Joe's Student

10)mekal - Got a lead that the killer has gray hair and likes to hang out in the garage

1) Joe's Student

3) dawh found the CC stays in a Basement, has a Red Truck, has Hazel eyes, wears a Hat, his hair is Grey, carries a Knife, Hums, has an Average build, and has blood-type O.

10)mekal - Got a lead that the killer has gray hair and likes to hang out in the garage

Misread my notes...

JS must be having internet problems. I'll check this thread later tonight and then accumulate the evidence we have and start Night 3.

JS - if you can't get on, obviously you can't say... Thanksgiving's coming up for a lot of people, so I'll post Night 3 and then we can get things straightened out at a later time if you need a replacement.

Day 2: Investigation Results:

Based on all of your cumulative evidence, the Copy-Cat Killer most likely: has Blood-Type O, hangs out in his Garage often, has Grey Hair, has Hazel Eyes, wears a Hat, and drives a Red Truck.

Chief Somerset: We have enough to get a warrant for this man's arrest people! Let's get to it!

---

The Homicide unit followed their leads to an abandoned house. The place was pretty clean as far as evidence. This clearly wasn't the Killer's primary residence. All they were able to find was a letter. It was placed neatly on the center of a rusted refrigerator's freezer door. It read:

Dear Boston Homicide,

Looks like you're hot on my trail. I'm flattered. Unfortunately, my work is not yet finished. And since you've proven to be so competent. I'm going to be coming after you guys from now on. Let the game begin ;)

Sincerely,

Jonathan Doe

---

1) Joe's Student

2) Peace

3) dawh

4) DMS

5) A. Person

6) Twin Pop

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

9) reaymanator

10)mekal

Game Rules

Night 1

Day 1 Investigation Results

Night 2

*note: If the Copy-Cat Killer selects a Protected Officer or the Butcher himself to kill, he will revert to attacking another out-of-game character.

Night 3: Losing one of our own

Crime Scene: 11.29.08 17:00 hours. Looks to be the Boston Butcher.

Boston Homicide entered the zoo after a call from one of the workers. They found a giant present inside the Tiger cages. The tigers had been batting around until they were pulled back.

Chief Somerset: Hmm, using such a public place is unlike him... where is that Lieutenant anyway?

Det. Smith: She's late sir. Her cell goes straight to voicemail too.

Somerset: *sigh* OK, well, what do we have here? Everyone let's go! On the double!

The team opened the box. The left ear was missing. Typical. In it's place though was a Tiger's ear.

Somerset: Hmm. OK, first let's find out if this tiger ear is real or not. Check the animals here too. Then I want to see a report on the second to last victim. The one with the rats. It was probably small, maybe got ripped off. I want to know if there was a rat ear or something to that effect sewn onto the victim at that instance. And get me the Lieutenant!

*ring ring*

Crime Scene: 11.29.08 20:00

The team all bowed their heads. In a storage facility was the body of Lieutenant Stark. She was hanging from a hook in what looked to be an old meat locker. In the pool of blood below her was written the word "Sloth".

Somerset let out a defeated sigh and fell back against the wall. Let's get this blanking blanker. I can't believe it... Stark...

1) dawh2

2) Peace

3) dawh -DEAD (Lt. Stark)

4) DMS

5) A. Person

6) Twin Pop

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

9) reaymanator

10)mekal

Game Rules

Night 1

Day 1 Investigation Results

Night 2

Day 2 Investigation Results

Since it seems JS is no longer able to play, I just moved dawh into his position. I hope that's OK dawh. I'll PM you your new role. The Evidence Collecting begins now. I'll PM you all your findings.

1) dawh2

2) Peace heard that the Copy Cat's hair was brown

4) DMS

5) A. Person

6) Twin Pop

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

9) reaymanator - found a blond hair not belonging to the victim

10)mekal

1) dawh2

4) DMS

5) A. Person-found grey hair not belonging to victim

6) Twin Pop

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

1) dawh2

4) DMS

6) Twin Pop

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

Well that narrows it down! We're looking for a killer with brown, grey, blond hair! Must be my mother in law!

1) dawh2

4) DMS -you found out that the CC has A type blood,Knife, Garage, Grey hair, Hazel eyes, Average height, Red Sox Hat, Hums, and Red Chevy Truck

6) Twin Pop

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

guys we have to decide on ten different things the CC has i am 100% sure that what i put down is correct

so plz stop let's innocent cops die

Disclaimer ;) : Sorry for not posting this before the Night 3 Post, I forgot.

Since the CC's place was raided so soon, which was definitely due to great playing on your parts, I've decided to remove a rule and add a rule.

1) Including last night, the correct evidence probabilities will never change after a killer's house gets raided. So everyone still has the same percentage chance.

2) When accumulating evidence for the Butcher, ties will be counted instead of not mentioned as they are for the Copy Cat.

Hopefully, it's still plenty early in the day for me to make these changes. I'm just trying to make it a little fairer for our favorite killers. :)

1) dawh2

4) DMS -you found out that the CC has A type blood,Knife, Garage, Grey hair, Hazel eyes, Average height, Red Sox Hat, Hums, and Red Chevy Truck

6) Twin Pop - found out that the CC has A type blood,Knife, Garage, Grey hair, Hazel eyes, Average height, Red Sox Hat, Hums, and Red Chevy Truck

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal