BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

A serial killer has been stalking Boston. He's become somewhat of a legend. So much so that he has inspired a copy-cat killer who has now begun killing on his own. The Master is just about to begin his bold plan involving the deaths of 12 people. All the murders are done someplace else and then brought to a specific location. The master follows a set of rules though: one of which is that no innocent people will die by his hands unless he feels he must do it to survive. The copycat tries to follow the same rule, but his personal discipline is not so great, so he'll attack innocents much sooner than the master would. The copycat also has a scheme in mind, but must be caught first because the master will easily make all the evidence from his crime scenes fit the description of the copy-cat because he knows who the copy-cat is. The trick is, both killers are on the police force!

Roles:

The Zodiac Zealot - will kill an out-of-game villain each night unless he feels threatened. needs to bring down the copy-cat and stay out of harm's way. If he kills 12 people, he wins, otherwise he wins if he kills every other member of the police force. Knows who the Copy-Cat is.

The Copy-Cat (who loves the movie Se7en) - will kill an out-of-game villain each night unless he feels threatened. If he lasts over 7 Nights, he wins, otherwise he wins if kills every other member of the police force

Lieutenant Stark- will find two very credible pieces of evidence each night with 75% accuracy each (weapon, place of murder, habit, accessories, vehicle randomly)

Detective Smith - can get a witness to speak with 50% credibility each night or can protect someone (weapon, hair, eyes, body-type randomly)

Detective Jones - can get a witness to speak with 50% credibility each night or can protect someone (weapon, hair, eyes, body-type randomly)

Undercover Agent Johnson - gets one 100% pure piece of evidence each night (all possible evidence randomly)

Undercover Agent Harrison - gets one 100% pure piece of evidence each night (all possible evidence randomly)

Forensics Investigator Adams - gets two 50% credible pieces of evidence a night (blood-type, accessories, hair randomly)

Forensics Investigator Williams - gets two 50% credible pieces of evidence a night (blood-type, accessories, hair randomly)

FBI Criminal Expert Mason - gets one 100% piece of evidence one night and can protect someone as well (all possible evidence randomly)

Psychologist Reynolds - can examine one person each day to see if they have criminal tendencies with 50% chance of them leaking some random info (habit, vehicle, place of murder randomly)

Chief Somerset - can look at the big picture each day's vote and ask for the authenticity of two people's voting.

Evidence will be presented by each officer each day and will be for 10 items. (You may opt to put in 0-10 of the items) The evidence is (blood-type, weapon, place of murder, hair color, eye color, body-type, accessories worn, habit (smoking, drinking, etc...), and vehicle used)

The two killers will be chosen randomly from the group of 10 officers and will still be doing their jobs. They will be given 10 pieces of evidence that suits them in addition to their roles. The evidence the cops collect will all point to the copy-cat until the copy-cat is brought down. If 5 out of 10 pieces of evidence, by majority, point toward the copy-cat, his house will be raided that Night and he will feel threatened. He will not be found, but then he will get sloppy and all his percentages shoot up to 100%, but he will now be forced to kill police officers instead of out-of-game villains. He can only RID kill them though and only if they are not protected. If the RID fails, he will kill an out-of-game character like before. The copy-cat will be brought to justice if 8-10 pieces of evidence fit his description.

The real Boston Butcher will then be left. And the process will be similar. His plan involves killing 12 people and then he wins and gets away. If the evidence points towards him 6-10, his house will get raided and he will step up his game and kill an officer each night with RID (if un-protected) and an out-of-game character. If the RID fails, he only kills the one out-of game character like before. Because he is rushing things though, his chances of leaving 100% credible evidence behind jumps to 100%. He will be brought down with a flawless 10-10 evidence majority.

In my posts, you will know what type of evidence each officer uncovers, but only they will know what exactly it was and keep in mind the percentage of accuracy at any given time. Also, you will know who's house got raided if that ever happens. Anytime a player dies, their role is revealed. By rule, the game cannot exceed 12 Nights. There will be no Night Actions. Everything will be done on a 24 hour cycle. There will be no need for protection the first Night obviously. No protective role can protect themselves. From then on, any actions like protect or RID kill will be sent to me during the day and will happen the next night.

Host: I

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

• Answers 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have discovered evidence that the copy-cat killer drives a black car.

Wow that helps... I learnt that the copy-cat killer chews gum, which narrows it down to just 1 person - Forensics Investigator Adams?

So the chances that all 3 of our pieces of evidence are incorrect are tiny (edit: 12.5%) so lets presume that one of them is right for the purposes of this ;)

This would mean that the suspects could be (the x2 means 2 pieces of evidence point towards them);

FBI Criminologist Mason x2

Undercover Agent Johnson x2

Detective Smith

Forensics Investigator Adams x2

Psychologist Reynolds

Edited by reaymond

1) Joe's Student -found...

2) Peace -found the CC has blood type B

3) dawh

4) DMS

5) A. Person

6) Twin Pop found the CC uses a black car

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

9) reaymanator found the CC uses chewing gum and has brown hair

10)mekal

*note: CC = CopyCat

edit: Peace's lay out was better ;)

Edited by reaymond

1) Joe's Student

3) dawh - found the CC whistles

4) DMS

5) A. Person

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

We definitely have some bogus information here, whether intentional or no... :huh:

Edit: itachi, did you list all of the information that each person received in your night post? A couple of the characters are listed to get two pieces of information each night, but only one was listed in the night post.

Edited by dawh

We definitely have some bogus information here, whether intentional or no... :huh:

Well most people do not have 100% accuracy when finding out evidence, but I agree there is nobody that has quite a few pieces of evidence pointing towards them yet :huh:

I like this layout....since it shows reaymond or dawh is lying!

Erm... hint hint, I posted 2 pieces of evidence - reaed the RD's and figure out that vital piece of information about my evidence ;)

1) Joe's Student

4) DMS

5) A. Person

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

Edit: itachi, did you list all of the information that each person received in your night post? A couple of the characters are listed to get two pieces of information each night, but only one was listed in the night post.

Oh yeah, sorry. I'll fix that in the night post.

Erm... hint hint, I posted 2 pieces of evidence - reread the RD's and figure out that vital piece of information about my evidence ;)

Are you sure you have it right? According to the night post, you can't be any of the officers... :huh:

1) Joe's Student

4) DMS

5) A. Person

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

9) reaymanator found the CC uses chewing gum and has a hat

10)mekal

sorry guys, bit of confusion with Itachi there, had a typo in my PM, said har which I presumed to be hair as opposed to a hat so obviously my 2nd piece of info says that he wears a hat - obviously 1 piece of my evidence is incorrect ;)

2.5 hours left to post. Nothing personal, but I'll have to replace inactives or this game isn't going to work. Waiting until the last minute to post anything is also not acceptable because there is a character who's ability relies on checking people's posts - namely The Chief.

I know you have Rene as a backup, but if you need another...I'm here.

1) Joe's Student

4) DMS

5) A. Person - found the CC wears a ring and has grey hair

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

1) Joe's Student

4) DMS found the CC uses knife

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal

i'm thinking CC is the Forensics Investigator Adams

1) Joe's Student

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal Found the Killer likes to hang out in the garage

Major apologies Itachi, won't happen again, unexpected arrival of relatives from England occurred, couldn't get on the laptop.

1) Joe's Student - found the killer used a knife

7) Lemonymelon

8) FIF

10)mekal Found the Killer likes to hang out in the garage