BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It was a raining morning. The temperature of the weather was as low as it could be, although it was not in the winter; so as the mood of all the students from Faculty of Architecture and Interior Design, low. Their favorite lecturer, Prof Ernest West, has been murdered last night.

Y-san and Cherry Lane passed through the crowd at the front of the foyer, entered to the lift. The lift stopped at floor 3. Door opened, 2 policemen prohibited them for coming out.

“It’s ok, gentlemen. They are my students.” Prof. Templeton gently tapped one of the policemen shoulder.

“But sir….” The young policeman looked at Inspector Slick, asking for any sign of approval.

“Let them in, I invite them.” Inspector Slick nodded his head.

So Y-san and CL followed Inspector Slick and Prof Templeton to one of the office. Y-san looked at the nametag hung on the door: Prof Ernest West.

“Feeling pity, right?” CL whispered. “I was told Prof Ernest is going to take part in the International Interior Design Contest which is going to be hosted at Toronto. He is feeling so confident about his art.”

“Who will ever think that his assistant, who had followed him for 8 years long, could murder him because of one blueprint? “ Y-san replied, while observing the surrounding of the office.

A messy design platform (papers, stationeries) as normally we used to see for every architect or designer, a white screen and projectors, some documents and students assignment reports on the other desk. A hanger for putting the hat and coat, a flower with the pot.

“So what can we help you Prof Templeton?” asked CL. “I though the murderer, Prof Ernest’s so-called loyal assistant has been arrested?”

“You are not coming for finding the murderer, my child,” said Prof, “You are going to find the treasure!”

“Treasure?” Y-san puzzled.

Prof Templeton took out his cell phone, opened up a message and showed to the 2 girls.

A short message wrote:

Hi Temp! I had a feeling that someone is behaving greedy on my latest creation. I had the blueprint of the design hidden in somewhere in my office. Just in case if something happened to me before the contest. Please, find it out and on behalf of me, take part in the contest!

Clue for the exact location:

Almost ready-made oven,

Only c, d and e in,

Misallocated elbow,

Ward A & Ward B,

What are they actually?

If you know, then look for:

4-10-7-11-8-3-2.

Thanks!

West.

“So that’s the reason you barred this area, not allow anyone to sneak in for stealing the blueprint?” Y-san asked.

“Yes, with the help of Inspector Slick, and of course now I need help from both of you. We have a mission to fulfill Prof Ernest’s will!”

CL and Y-san looked at each other, wondering about the actual message hidden inside this short message.

Can you able to help them?

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

will you be posting the conclusion in story form, woon?

Dear Prof.

Kindly please check the conclusion as per shown below. Sorry for my poor language and long story. :P

Closing

Hour after hour has passed. Hundred and hundred possibilities have been tried but yet no one found what Prof Earnest really meant in the message.

Suddenly the noise of arguing at the lift side made them awake from solving the message. Inspector slick went out from the office; move towards to lift to check what had happened.

He later brought back 3 teenagers: ST, andromeda and FIF.

Prof Templeton: Why you guys are here?

FIF: Prof tell me, is it true that Prof Earnest’s assistant killed him? I will take revenge for him.

FIF angrily punched on the desk (You can see this action hundred times through his avatar)

Andromeda: Cool down, FIF. There is enough murder case in Redrum University already.

ST: Agree, and… (ST suddenly look at the paper of wordings pasted on the wide screen)…what is all this?

CL: It is the clues that Prof..

Inspector Slick: Ms Cherry, we are not suppose to tell anyone about this!

Prof Templeton: It’s is OK. Inspector Slick, We are short of ideas already, maybe these 3 teenagers could help us.

ST: Help on what?

Y-san explained about the clues on the short message Prof Earnest gave to Prof Templeton before he get killed.

FIF: Solving all these. Uh! I still have lots of homework pilling up. How much time..

Suddenly andromeda answered:

Below! (elbow => below)

ST: what?

FIF: Oh My God! The line 2 is

About! (a, b out!)

ST: Ah! So the Ward A and ward B means discharged?

Andromeda: No, no! I got it, I got it!

Towards (two wards)

FIF: Need not say what is the first line mean, I already figure out the whole thing! They are:

FIF then move forward to the white screen, write down the important word

Prepositions

By this time andromeda already figure out the first line meant “Over”, as a little bit more the word will become ‘oven’

FIF continued writing on the board; based on the number given

4-10-7-11-8-3-2.

FIF started to circle the letter one by one accordingly to form a new word

POINTER !

Prof Templeton the approached to the white screen, pick up the pointer stick that his friends always like to carry when giving lectures in the class.

He then looked around, and turned the end cap of the pointer, the cap opened and a tiny roll of paper dropped on the floor: The blueprint!

Prof Templeton: We did it! We did it! West! For the first time you give me such headache riddle!

Epilogue

~ 1 month later ~

Prof. Templeton was pushing the trolley with his luggage, while some of the students waved to him.

“Here, here! Prof! Welcome back” Y-san, CL, andromeda, ST and FIF shouted with the cheerful voices.

Prof. Templeton walked to them, with a smiling face, although he felt tired.

“How’s the trip, Prof?” asked andromeda,

“Thanks to you and FIF managed to figure out where the blueprint is, or else…..” Professor touched the upper luggage.

“Hey, Prof, if FIF who figured it out first, not me.” Andromeda replied.

“Come on, if not because you start with the misallocated elbow …” said FIF.

“You two are really smart!” said ST

“Well, no one should disagree on that.” CL added in.

“Looks like CL and me are good in solving murder cases. We will leave treasures hunting task to you.” Suggested Y-san.

“What? You mean there are some more treasures to be found?” FIF puzzled.

“Anything can happen, especially in Redrum Unversity,” Prof. Templeton concluded.

“Shall we go for lunch?” ST suggested.

“Let’s get out from the airport now, but I would like to visit a place first, before we hop to our lunch,” said Prof.

“Where to?” asked andromeda.

“To the grave yard. Prof want to show Prof Earnest the trophy he won!” Y-san answered.

“You are right, let’s go.”

Prof Templeton, stepped out from the airport, together with 5 students, heading to the place where Prof Templeton’s friend lying and able to rest in peace finally.

~ The End ~

NICE ONE, FIF AND ANDROMEDA!!!! You two are too smart... :P

Got "towards" while in the car this morning, but was deprived of internet all day long! :(

Lovely post, Woon! :D Can't wait for your next riddle! ;)