BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

It was a raining morning. The temperature of the weather was as low as it could be, although it was not in the winter; so as the mood of all the students from Faculty of Architecture and Interior Design, low. Their favorite lecturer, Prof Ernest West, has been murdered last night.

Y-san and Cherry Lane passed through the crowd at the front of the foyer, entered to the lift. The lift stopped at floor 3. Door opened, 2 policemen prohibited them for coming out.

“It’s ok, gentlemen. They are my students.” Prof. Templeton gently tapped one of the policemen shoulder.

“But sir….” The young policeman looked at Inspector Slick, asking for any sign of approval.

“Let them in, I invite them.” Inspector Slick nodded his head.

So Y-san and CL followed Inspector Slick and Prof Templeton to one of the office. Y-san looked at the nametag hung on the door: Prof Ernest West.

“Feeling pity, right?” CL whispered. “I was told Prof Ernest is going to take part in the International Interior Design Contest which is going to be hosted at Toronto. He is feeling so confident about his art.”

“Who will ever think that his assistant, who had followed him for 8 years long, could murder him because of one blueprint? “ Y-san replied, while observing the surrounding of the office.

A messy design platform (papers, stationeries) as normally we used to see for every architect or designer, a white screen and projectors, some documents and students assignment reports on the other desk. A hanger for putting the hat and coat, a flower with the pot.

“So what can we help you Prof Templeton?” asked CL. “I though the murderer, Prof Ernest’s so-called loyal assistant has been arrested?”

“You are not coming for finding the murderer, my child,” said Prof, “You are going to find the treasure!”

“Treasure?” Y-san puzzled.

Prof Templeton took out his cell phone, opened up a message and showed to the 2 girls.

A short message wrote:

Hi Temp! I had a feeling that someone is behaving greedy on my latest creation. I had the blueprint of the design hidden in somewhere in my office. Just in case if something happened to me before the contest. Please, find it out and on behalf of me, take part in the contest!

Clue for the exact location:

Almost ready-made oven,

Only c, d and e in,

Misallocated elbow,

Ward A & Ward B,

What are they actually?

If you know, then look for:

4-10-7-11-8-3-2.

Thanks!

West.

“So that’s the reason you barred this area, not allow anyone to sneak in for stealing the blueprint?” Y-san asked.

“Yes, with the help of Inspector Slick, and of course now I need help from both of you. We have a mission to fulfill Prof Ernest’s will!”

CL and Y-san looked at each other, wondering about the actual message hidden inside this short message.

Can you able to help them?

• Answers 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Almost ready-made oven

I was wondering :)

Is there are forgery blueprint hidden somewhere?? It would make sense, hide the forgery and the original, hoping that the killer will find the fake!

haha! Lets just assume it is original. Afte all the object of this riddle is to find it, regardless it is the forgery or the original. :)

Only c, d and e in,

I know :)

only c, d and e in so... you are missing f. OK so the blueprint is on a flash memory data storage device and they need to find it!

I'm so talking gibberish! :rolleyes:

edit: I just looked at Dawg's post I thought of that, but I didn't know what to do with it?! :huh:

edit: OK

the blueprint is hidden on a microchip!

:lol:
Edited by andromeda

Only c, d and e in,

I know :)

only c, d and e in so... you are missing f. OK so the blueprint is on a flash memory data storage device and they need to find it!

I'm so talking gibberish! :rolleyes:

edit: I just looked at Dawg's post I thought of that, but I didn't know what to do with it?! :huh:

edit: OK

the blueprint is hidden on a microchip!

:lol:

well,

why do you only thinking of 'f' but not .....

Do we normally start with 'c'?

Misallocated elbow,

I was thinking about this one too and I think that :)

elbow is the letter L and mislocated it would look like the upside down letter T, so I'd say that this line yields the letter T!!

The number 7?

4-10-7-11-8-3-2

have to crack the first word which is at least 11 letters long and then line the letters up in this order 4-10-7-11-8-3-2?? Am I at least right about that?!

:)

At least you are right in this one. :)

so, pardon me for what amounts to a stupid question, does it follow that

Solve the first line, which is 11 letters, the following lines are just clues to the first word?

Nope

The few front lines lead you to the 11 letters word, then the number series tell you what you can get from the word and ......

Almost ready-made oven, 1 word

Only c, d and e in, 1 word

Misallocated elbow, 1 word

Ward A & Ward B, 1 word

What are they actually? from the 4 words above, think of their common category

If you know, then look for: nothing from here, just the instruction for the clue next line

4-10-7-11-8-3-2.

Before I strain my brain to much, am I even close with...
1. Preheating oven, heating up, temperature must be higher?

3. A comma?

5. References or Locations

1. Nope

3. Nope

5. Look at the hint I give on the previous post.